• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: DEFENDER, OS distance driver.

I threw one, felt just like a destroyer with a 1mm wider rim. Not as wide as a boss. Flew just like a nice really overstable destroyer, but not quite as overstable as a normal CPD2. The plastic felt amazing as always.

What is also interesting is that Trilogy has recently released two "Destroyer-killers" in Cutlass and Defender, but I still haven't seen them in any of the competition videos or in the bags.

Thinking back to the last Feldberg ITB (or maybe the one before it), I seem to recall him saying that people were asking him what about the Destroyers and him replying that the World was the disc that replaced Destroyers.

Thinking back to the last Feldberg ITB (or maybe the one before it), I seem to recall him saying that people were asking him what about the Destroyers and him replying that the World was the disc that replaced Destroyers.
It was Bosses that he replaced with the World. World is really a wider rimmed than a Destroyer and closer to a Boss in that sense.

Bio Enforcer really seems to be the top candidate today.

It was Bosses that he replaced with the World. World is really a wider rimmed than a Destroyer and closer to a Boss in that sense.

If you watch the video again he says that he replaced his Destroyers AND Bosses with the World.

I would agree with that, but the Cutlass is just like a good OS destroyer.

Quoted this from another thread:
Who has thrown the Defender? I have loved it since throwing it at this years GBO. In fact, I now have 2 fuzion, 2 lucid, & 2 biofuzion. It's also kicked out my Giants, which was in my bag for three years. Great discs!
Interesting to hear that the Fuzion and Biofuzion version also exist already. It could really be the do it all distance driver in different plastics.

Should be available in Europe on 6th of May.

Anyone who's held one of these able to give an idea on how domey or flat these molded up? Also any comparison to a Giant, World, or Enforcer in both feel and flight would be great.

In that ITB video, Ricky's Enforcers were tracking right and not coming back.

I bought a red biofuzion defender. 172 grams with a moderate, even dome. It flies similar to a slightly beat bio enforcer but a bit faster. Could be scary long after a few rounds of seasoning.

Hearing some really good things about this one. I feel comfortable having biofuzion enforcer's in my bag. The are lightweight, but can handle wind. The go so far for an os mold.

I don't see the point buying this one. Unless they really have improved the molds of the world, giant and enforcers.

Certainly, if I was sponsored, and or had plenty of disc buying cash I would pick it up. I'm running out of room in my closet for disc space and the funds are low..

ive gotten a few throws in with my Defender i got for GBO, its nicely OS for me. Id compare it to a D1ish type disc, fast with a healthy fade

Anyone who's held one of these able to give an idea on how domey or flat these molded up? Also any comparison to a Giant, World, or Enforcer in both feel and flight would be great.

Both my fusion & lucid are flat; i mean they come up to the shoulder then flat. While the biofuzion has a moderate dome; but it's still comfortable to grip. I don't have a giant, world or enforcer next to me (they're downstairs) but the rim of the defender feels extremely similar to the giant & enforcer. the world differently feels wider, obvious difference. I've only had 4 rounds with the fusion & 1 round with the biofuzion, that being said, the fuzion flys just like the tp giant but with a little more glide; just as stable. And that's why i love it and kicked the giants out of my bag. Biofuzion is just as stable, but it's also 5g heavier. Now the lucid i haven't gotten the chance to throw it yet.

Excellent for flicks as well, they come off very clean. I hope this was helpful.

I got few throws in with a Lucid Defender today. I would say it's quite similar to the newer Bosses.

My arm is not enough for the disc on calm days. It is more OS than a slightly beat in Bio Enforcer. It also has a wider rim making it faster and harder for me to grip properly. I could imagine using it for sidearms, but Enforcer works quite well for that as well.

It is surely a great disc for pros. Pretty similar to the Giant really. I will just need to put it aside and revisit it later should my form improve.

Both my fusion & lucid are flat; i mean they come up to the shoulder then flat. While the biofuzion has a moderate dome; but it's still comfortable to grip. I don't have a giant, world or enforcer next to me (they're downstairs) but the rim of the defender feels extremely similar to the giant & enforcer. the world differently feels wider, obvious difference. I've only had 4 rounds with the fusion & 1 round with the biofuzion, that being said, the fuzion flys just like the tp giant but with a little more glide; just as stable. And that's why i love it and kicked the giants out of my bag. Biofuzion is just as stable, but it's also 5g heavier. Now the lucid i haven't gotten the chance to throw it yet.

Excellent for flicks as well, they come off very clean. I hope this was helpful.

Awesome, thanks for the info! On one hand I'm happy because it sounds like something I'm looking for, but on the other I'm unhappy because it looks like my bank account is going to be taking another hit.

Got a few throws in with a max weight Lucid Defender I just picked up, pretty big fan so far. Flight similar to my most OS Giant, straight followed by a great big fade and generous skip, but it's even more comfortable in the hand. Something about the rim depth and bluntness of the wing seem to complement each other.

It feels good enough to me to want to throw only a Defender, but I'm gonna wait until it becomes easily available in Fuzion/Bio before I make any decisions about it taking over the sole distance driver role. I've got a nice lineup of Giants and Worlds in a variety of stages of wear, so I'm hoping Bio starts out less stable and seasons in quickly, and Fuzion will be a nice in between Lucid and Bio. Time will tell.

Latest posts