• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Lot of stability in that lineup. Hopefully they're working on a set of more understable counterparts for these 4. But I can understand they want to get the beefy discs out first and into the hands of their pro players to start 2013.

Driver: The 187
Fairway: The Prison Shank
Mid: The Bad Trip
Putter: The Snitch

Lot of stability in that lineup. Hopefully they're working on a set of more understable counterparts for these 4. But I can understand they want to get the beefy discs out first and into the hands of their pro players to start 2013.

You'll have to hide that Prison Shank w/ their the new bag ... the Keister Stash.

None of those discs looks beefy to me. I'm sure there have been many comparisons made already on what these discs will fly like that I have missed but they look roughly equivalent to a Warship, Saint, and a Sword on the inFlight guide. Appearing to all be high glide with some turn out of the box, and beating in to flippy max D type discs for their respective classes.

No doubt they will expand the lineup though...

I was just going by what post #143 said about someone who had thrown them. They all seem to be on the left side of the stability spectrum. "Beefier" would have been a better word for me to use.

They haven't even been approved for competition yet. If they want to get them into the hands of the pros for the start of 2013, they better get their asses in gear.

Ha. This thread turned around like a ballerina several times since yesterday. First serious, then fast food, then kinda serious, now with the prison names. You guys are hilarious.

If Rick Rothstein posted about the lineup on the KCFDC forum, then it's gospel. I'd imagine that these will sell here in KC and Emporia, probably where their other store is also, Lewisville I think. They've made inroads with their retail stores. I do wonder about their distribution, but they'll figure it out.

I mean, they don't sell DD branded merch at any other stores that I remember seeing in person or online. Rick won't carry them at Disc Golf World, and he shouldn't, their products are the competition. They cooperate w/ tourneys somewhat, but since they are retailers that compete in the same market, that stands to reason that they wouldn't carry each others products.

I'm sure that DD has been working on a business plan and they've been successful in everything else that they've done, so it'll get worked out some way or another. I guess what I'll be interested to see is will they try to distribute their products with other retailers or go it alone. Like will they wholesale these, so you can buy em at Marshall St. or DiscNation or only try to sell them at their stores like they do with all their other branded products or the limited edition stuff that they sell.

I'm not a retailer, so I have no idea, of course. But I would think it would be hard as a retailer to carry another retailers products, since you'd be putting dollars directly into the hands of your competition. On the flipside, DD is gonna need a bigger network than just their few stores and online business to make a whole disc line be profitable... they will need other retail outlets to carry their products. I guess I'm thinking that they could be good at wholesaling their products to other retailers or retailing their products themselves, but not both.

Pure speculation, and I'm just wondering publicly how they plan to do it. Time will tell and competition is usually a good thing. I like going to the DD store here in town, but not to pick up a replacement for the stock Teebird I lost. I'm going there to see what they have that I can't find at any other store I look at: LE's, CFR's, sparkle or crzytal or DD branded merch, stuff that other stores don't carry. That's what they're good at, but for stock stuff I'm still gonna patronize DGW, because they have what I want for $2 less and they're just good people and I feel good about spending my $ there.

I dunno, long ramble... but there hasn't been a retailer that has bridged the gap like DD is about to try to do. Not here anyway. It'll be awhile before all comes to light, so time will tell.

Last edited:
^^^ I see them trying to differentiate between DD the retailer and DD the "manufacturer." There's nothing stopping them from selling their disc line wholesale to everyone online/brick store in the country (and probably with some help overseas from Lat64). And still keep their apparel, custom stamped discs, etc. within their existing business model.

I got to throw a few of the prototypes after the Bob Rob today. I really liked the Trespass and the Judge. They had one set up of the Judge with a pretty weird chalky feel (maybe someone more familiar with Lat 64 knows what it is), the other felt like a really flexy star plastic (it was labeled Liquid).

We asked how long before any was available, they told us they're made, but not in The States yet.

The judge really holds a line well. I only tried it driving, didn't go to a basket with it. Only had about five minutes with it.

I got to throw a few of the prototypes after the Bob Rob today. I really liked the Trespass and the Judge. They had one set up of the Judge with a pretty weird chalky feel (maybe someone more familiar with Lat 64 knows what it is), the other felt like a really flexy star plastic (it was labeled Liquid).

We asked how long before any was available, they told us they're made, but not in The States yet.

Already made! Nice...

I want some Liquid Latitude!

Check out the fugitive. Sweet midrange for sure, very versatile. And sexy as well
IMAG1829.jpg

The fact that you say flexy star immediately makes me want to try these. If it's anything like a combination of GL/FLX I'll be all over that. Even if I don't like the names and stamps attached.

Lot of stability in that lineup. Hopefully they're working on a set of more understable counterparts for these 4. But I can understand they want to get the beefy discs out first and into the hands of their pro players to start 2013

I threw all of the testers today. I think they went right down the middle as far as stability goes. Every mold was very workable and nothing that beginning to amateur players can nit handle. I throw pretty hard and enjoyed getting them to do what I wanted. Great stuff for sure to come. Thanks Jeremy and the DD crew for another kick ass, well ran event.

The fact that you say flexy star immediately makes me want to try these. If it's anything like a combination of GL/FLX I'll be all over that. Even if I don't like the names and stamps attached.

The names I've seen (Judge, Fugitive, Trespass) all seem to have a judicial theme, so I guess they want to head that direction with the name (Kinda like MVP going with electricity related names).

The Liquid kinda also feels like the inner part of the soft neutron stuff. The chalky disc reminded me of the Discraft Xtra disc that came in the DD mystery boxes. It leaves a chalky scum on your hands kinda like the Xtra did.

I'm pretty much a newby, and I don't have much power on my throws (or technique), I get about 220' at most. Trespass really did well for me on the first throw, not something that happens often. I really have trouble getting putters to fly well on a drive, but the judge did very well. I was extremely impressed with both (whatever my newby opinion is worth). There was a fairway driver (maybe mid?) that I got to throw. Didn't get it's name, but it didn't click as well as the other two.

dynamic disc plastic

Attached file has disc pics.:thmbup: threw a few of the proto types at bob rob event in crowley tx they are awesome.

Attachments

• New-Dynamic-Discs-Line.jpg
    New-Dynamic-Discs-Line.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts