• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs - New for 2018

I don't know if you've tried it either, but a Biofuzion Defender would be the least overstable and beat in quicker to something more workable.

I got one with my last order. I plan to work on my forehand over the winter since I can throw at lunch and not get sweaty. Maybe I can work it in past where my older Fuzion one is now.

Never thrown the Cutlass. I always assumed it was too overstable for me. The Two Halos I have bought were very similar to Sheriff's. I also get weird releases from them. Are those plus rims? Where does the Gladiator fit in?

Yeah, Halos have really plussy rims. I like them but the rims get me too.

I'm wondering if the Captain will be a stable 11 speed, maybe an OS renegade, that would be awesome.

According to a recent DD podcast, the Captain is going to be in a similar stability range as the Sheriff, which is sort of right down the middle in terms of stability. If that's the case, I'd be interested in the Captain...

According to a recent DD podcast, the Captain is going to be in a similar stability range as the Sheriff, which is sort of right down the middle in terms of stability. If that's the case, I'd be interested in the Captain...

I just looked up the Captain on the PDGA specs sheet, says 2.3cm so they'll call it a 13ish speed I bet. I'm not really sure what they are going for, maybe it'll have different hand feel or be consistently on the stable end of the Sheriffs? Sheriff already feels and flies awesome IMO. I didn't listen to the podcast so I don't know any details.

I got a captain and Maverick the other day and played a round today. The captain is kind of like a destiny, but my grip feels better on the captain. Thrown flat it couldn't take a full power throw for me. The Maverick most resembles my river but shorter and lower. With 3 less glide it didn't want to go as far as a riber, but it also wouldn't go as far right. I threw both the river and Maverick on several holes and the river was usually further, but the wind would take it off line more. The captain will probably stay in the bag for now, the Maverick I'm not sure yet.

I would love to see more reviews of these new discs.

I've seen pictures of the Bio Getaways that were on sale @ Bowling Green Ams. Anybody get their hands on one?

I threw my first round with a first run lucid getaway. fairly domey, kind of like the opto explorers, plastic feels very similar, a little gummy. Way more stable than I expected. I max out distance around 375, and throw trespasses to get that distance. This thing was a beast for me. I could release it flat or with a little anhyzer and it would fight back to flat with a good fade. Where it differed from other discs in this control driver class was the glide. I don't have many discs that are as OS as this that have as much glide as it does. It feel right between an explorer and destroyer to me. I have a 4x McBeth 168g well season domey destroyer that is really stable, but carries a long way. This disc honestly feels more like it's little brother than anything.

I threw my first round with a first run lucid getaway. fairly domey, kind of like the opto explorers, plastic feels very similar, a little gummy. Way more stable than I expected. I max out distance around 375, and throw trespasses to get that distance. This thing was a beast for me. I could release it flat or with a little anhyzer and it would fight back to flat with a good fade. Where it differed from other discs in this control driver class was the glide. I don't have many discs that are as OS as this that have as much glide as it does. It feel right between an explorer and destroyer to me. I have a 4x McBeth 168g well season domey destroyer that is really stable, but carries a long way. This disc honestly feels more like it's little brother than anything.

I've been keeping an out for one to try. Where did you get yours, at gbo? If it is that overstable I'm not sure if I need it. How does it compare to convict/culverin?

I've been keeping an out for one to try. Where did you get yours, at gbo? If it is that overstable I'm not sure if I need it. How does it compare to convict/culverin?
I had a friend that went to GBO and picked it up for me.

this spot was previously filled with a gold line culverin, and before that it was a lucid convict. Neither are as stable as the getaway, but they both have less glide. The getaway is definitely more stable, but I trust it more when I throw it flat, and because of the glide, it goes farther than I ever threw either of those. For reference, both my convict and culverin were pretty flat, and in the 172-173 range. The getaway is 173g.

I had a friend that went to GBO and picked it up for me.

this spot was previously filled with a gold line culverin, and before that it was a lucid convict. Neither are as stable as the getaway, but they both have less glide. The getaway is definitely more stable, but I trust it more when I throw it flat, and because of the glide, it goes farther than I ever threw either of those. For reference, both my convict and culverin were pretty flat, and in the 172-173 range. The getaway is 173g.

Cool, how much further do you think the getaway is going compared to those two?

Cool, how much further do you think the getaway is going compared to those two?

probably about 30-40 feet for me. I overshot a hole that I normally come up short on yesterday. The hole goes over a valley, and I usually end up at the bottom of the the hill putting up towards the basket, but yesterday I was pin high on the same level as the basket.

Latest posts