• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Trespass [The Missing Link!]

Remember when Trilogy plastic had really vivid colors and even some pearl? I miss those days. Y'all can have all this new burst stuff.

That old pearl GL plastic is my favorite plastic of all time,pity they don't make it anymore. :mad:

Remember when Trilogy plastic had really vivid colors and even some pearl? I miss those days. Y'all can have all this new burst stuff.

For me, it's an issue of the price. I understand the Tour Series type discs cost more and why, but I refuse to pay $3 to $4 more per disc for the same plastic just because it's that lousy "Burst". And DD is just not making non-Burst Fuzion Trespasses (or non-Burst Classic Marshals). They think they're making a lot more per disc, but what they're doing is losing business. :thmbdown: :mad:

I mean, I hate to say it, but I'm sure they ARE making a lot more per run, otherwise they wouldn't be neglecting normal fusion and classic runs. The demand must be high enough that financially it makes more sense for them to focus on burst runs, even at the expense of a few disgruntled customers.

Here I am just hoping they run more Hybrid trespasses, but I know that with the advent and popularity of the enforcer that the chances of more Hybrid trespasses is slim.

I mean, I hate to say it, but I'm sure they ARE making a lot more per run, otherwise they wouldn't be neglecting normal fusion and classic runs. The demand must be high enough that financially it makes more sense for them to focus on burst runs, even at the expense of a few disgruntled customers.

Disagree about the demand. I think they are just ramming the Bursts down our throats at $3-$4 more per disc with a "take it or leave it" attitude. I'll leave it, and I suspect a lot of others are doing so, as well.

Disagree about the demand. I think they are just ramming the Bursts down our throats at $3-$4 more per disc with a "take it or leave it" attitude. I'll leave it, and I suspect a lot of others are doing so, as well.

This wouldn't be the first time that I've thought, "that guy really thinks he represents a lot larger portion of the market than he actually does..."

They wouldn't keep doing it if they didn't keep making money. But I'm with you- I'll pass on the burst stuff. Eventually the novelty will wear off though.

A Prime Tresspass takes a surprisingly long while to season, but it ends up much like a slightly faster DX Thunderbird. Resists flippiness for a long time and kicks into high gear.

Need to try one myself. Can always use an over water max distance disc.

Exactly how I use it - got a hole over water that needs to not turn over and needs some fade. It got wet a couple times before it beat in a bit, but is just automatic now.

Bump for updates on Lucid-X. Those of you that snagged one: what do you use it, what flight do you get out of it, and how are you liking it?

I'm tinkering with the idea of grabbing one for windy days. Right now I bag a Lucid and Bio Trespass, but I swap out the Lucid for an Enforcer on really windy days. I'm curious if the Lucid-X Trespass would have similar stability to a Bio Enforcer. My only Lucid-X experience is with the Felon and that bad boy stables up SIGNIFCANTLY more than its Lucid and Fuzion counterparts. Same situation with the Trespass?

Bump for updates on Lucid-X. Those of you that snagged one: what do you use it, what flight do you get out of it, and how are you liking it?

I'm tinkering with the idea of grabbing one for windy days. Right now I bag a Lucid and Bio Trespass, but I swap out the Lucid for an Enforcer on really windy days. I'm curious if the Lucid-X Trespass would have similar stability to a Bio Enforcer. My only Lucid-X experience is with the Felon and that bad boy stables up SIGNIFCANTLY more than its Lucid and Fuzion counterparts. Same situation with the Trespass?

I'd say the LX trespass is similar to a worn in bio enforcer.

It flies like a fresh lucid trespass with turn and fade numbers maybe shifted a little more overstable. Say from 12/5/-1/-2.5 to 12/5/-0.5/3. It will serve as a good headwind driver, but may still turn a little in a headwind. I max out around 400, 375 is more of my wheelhouse.

My set up when I go Enforcer/Trespass, (OS to US):
Bio Enforcer
LX Trespass
Fresh Lucid or Fuzion Trespass
Worn Lucid or Fuzion Trespass

I'd say the LX trespass is similar to a worn in bio enforcer.

It flies like a fresh lucid trespass with turn and fade numbers maybe shifted a little more overstable. Say from 12/5/-1/-2.5 to 12/5/-0.5/3. It will serve as a good headwind driver, but may still turn a little in a headwind. I max out around 400, 375 is more of my wheelhouse.

My set up when I go Enforcer/Trespass, (OS to US):
Bio Enforcer
LX Trespass
Fresh Lucid or Fuzion Trespass
Worn Lucid or Fuzion Trespass

That sounds perfect. :thmbup:
My distances are about 30 ft short of yours, so it may fly a tad more OS for me but I'd think my results should at least be in the same ballpark.

fuzion burst

Tossed a Fuzion burst Trespass the other day. Really digging that plastic. I also threw the Explorer in that plastic. Very shiny, smooth, and just the slightest bit gummy.

The Trespass was a glidey bomber. It had some high speed turn and wasn't hard to get up to speed. Big S curve flights with a subtle late fade. Quite a bit more understable and glidier than most star Destroyers I've seen. In fact, I had a star Destroyer in the field with this Trespass and the Trespass was blowing it away on distance. Much easier to get high speed turn out of a Trespass than a star Destroyer.

Honestly, it was one of the longer, glidier Trespasses I've thrown. Great disc. I was floating it past 400' without a ton of effort. Beautiful flier. Not a headwind disc at all though.

12, 5, -2, 2.

I really enjoy the trespass, and appreciate the addition of Lucid-X plastic to add a little more fresh stability. I do feel the normal plastics beat in to flippy after a season.

I am very intrigued by this news of the Raider, though. The trilogy chart has it b/w the trespass and enforcer, which sounds perfect. Albeit, I am all about hand feel, so if this Raider has the same shape (say 2.2cm wing width, 1.1 cm depth, maybe a very slight plus feel to it), I'd be very pleased.

I really enjoy the trespass, and appreciate the addition of Lucid-X plastic to add a little more fresh stability. I do feel the normal plastics beat in to flippy after a season.

I am very intrigued by this news of the Raider, though. The trilogy chart has it b/w the trespass and enforcer, which sounds perfect. Albeit, I am all about hand feel, so if this Raider has the same shape (say 2.2cm wing width, 1.1 cm depth, maybe a very slight plus feel to it), I'd be very pleased.

I'm intrigued by the Raider as well. It will be a very popular mold if it flies/feels like a Lucid-X Trespass but at a non-premium price. I thought the Recoil might be that disc, but it feels kind of weird in the hand to me.

OK, I'm starting to notice a trend with the Trespass lately, and it isn't a good one.

They're getting flippier. I've thrown a fuzion and a Lucid Trespass lately, and both of them are really, really flippy. Somewhere in the realm of -4 high speed turn.

On the course I find that I'm unable to do much of anything with them. Even hyzerflipped they'll roll over pretty hard right and into the ground.

Suffice to say, the Trespass' flight numbers need to be updated. -0.5 on high speed turn is laughably inaccurate. I want to like this mold. I see the potential in it. However, I find the Trespass increasingly unthrowable, especially in any sort of wind situations. The disc is wildly flippy and inconsistent. As a disc that was originally marketed to compete with the Destroyer, this thing isn't even close. Lately I've been reminded of the Freedom or a well beat Sheriff every time I throw a Trespass.

OK, I'm starting to notice a trend with the Trespass lately, and it isn't a good one.

They're getting flippier. I've thrown a fuzion and a Lucid Trespass lately, and both of them are really, really flippy. Somewhere in the realm of -4 high speed turn.

On the course I find that I'm unable to do much of anything with them. Even hyzerflipped they'll roll over pretty hard right and into the ground.

Suffice to say, the Trespass' flight numbers need to be updated. -0.5 on high speed turn is laughably inaccurate. I want to like this mold. I see the potential in it. However, I find the Trespass increasingly unthrowable, especially in any sort of wind situations. The disc is wildly flippy and inconsistent. As a disc that was originally marketed to compete with the Destroyer, this thing isn't even close. Lately I've been reminded of the Freedom or a well beat Sheriff every time I throw a Trespass.

Yikes, that's not good. The only new Trespass I've thrown lately is a Lucid-X and it is really nice and stable. All my other Trespasses were purchased quite a while ago. I wonder if the last couple runs have come out bad? I still like mine, especially in the winter when I can't get my Baiistas and Ballista Pros up to speed due to icy teepads.

Yikes, that's not good. The only new Trespass I've thrown lately is a Lucid-X and it is really nice and stable. All my other Trespasses were purchased quite a while ago. I wonder if the last couple runs have come out bad? I still like mine, especially in the winter when I can't get my Baiistas and Ballista Pros up to speed due to icy teepads.

Yeah, I don't know if its certain runs that are flippy, or if I've just had bad luck with the last two I've thrown. These Trespasses are annoyingly flippy. I don't feel like I can give them any arm, even on a hyzerflip.

I HAVE thrown some very good Trespasses over the years, but I'm starting to figure out that this is a very inconsistent mold. Much like the Sheriff.