• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Trespass [The Missing Link!]

I never found the mold to be inconsistent. I have about 20 examples that all fly pretty much as expected. Have yet to own unusually overstable or understable trespass. But I suppose things can change. Perhaps the sourced plastic they are working with right now isn't molding up as well.

I likewise have quite a sample size. None of which start out flippy, more on the straight-stable side. I suppose my newest ones are from early last season, couple Fuzion and lucid (and lucid x, different animal), so could be the newest ones are flippy.

They definitely beat into flippy, which is a double edged sword.

I have just started throwing these, but haven't really found them to be too terribly inconsistent....at least not enough for me to think it's the disc as opposed to my own form or release

I figure I've thrown 10-15 Trespasses in biofuzion, fuzion, and lucid plastic. MOST of them seem fairly decent and will hold a nice S curve line out past 400'.

These latest 2 I've thrown just didn't get it done. Neither disc was noticeably worn. Way too flippy for my liking. Felt like I was throwing a Mamba. The last Trespass I tried was even more finicky than my G* Shryke.

I figure I've thrown 10-15 Trespasses in biofuzion, fuzion, and lucid plastic. MOST of them seem fairly decent and will hold a nice S curve line out past 400'.

These latest 2 I've thrown just didn't get it done. Neither disc was noticeably worn. Way too flippy for my liking. Felt like I was throwing a Mamba. The last Trespass I tried was even more finicky than my G* Shryke.

Is the PLH pretty different on them compared to other more typical Trespasses?

I haven't thrown any recent runs. In general I have seen them between -1/2.5 and -2/2 when fresh and I could tell the difference from PLH before throwing. Then they can definitely beat in to that -3/1.5...and will flip like mad if you give them any torque when they are beat in.

Have you tried Lucid-X? I haven't and everyone says they are quite OS, which you might like at your arm speed.

Is the PLH pretty different on them compared to other more typical Trespasses?

I haven't thrown any recent runs. In general I have seen them between -1/2.5 and -2/2 when fresh and I could tell the difference from PLH before throwing. Then they can definitely beat in to that -3/1.5...and will flip like mad if you give them any torque when they are beat in.

Have you tried Lucid-X? I haven't and everyone says they are quite OS, which you might like at your arm speed.

I haven't tried Lucid X, nor am I familiar with it. What makes that plastic different than regular lucid?

I haven't tried Lucid X, nor am I familiar with it. What makes that plastic different than regular lucid?

Apparently it's way firmer. I haven't handled any Lucid X discs. I saw Emac using Lucid X Trespasses in one of the later tournament videos last year, I think even for power FH shots. Whatever it was for the disc kept getting thrown and I would have thought it was one of his Enforcers.

Eric Oakley also uses the Lucid X Felons for true overstable flights, whereas normal Lucid definitely turns. Apparently it's a pretty major difference.

I've got a couple Lucid-X discs, a Felon and a Trespass. Both are way more overstable than any other Felons or Trespasses I've thrown. My L-X Trespass flies like a longer and glidier Biofuzion Enforcer; I really like it. My L-X Felon is the most overstable disc I own.

I also own an Opto-X Ballista Pro, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Apparently it's way firmer. I haven't handled any Lucid X discs. I saw Emac using Lucid X Trespasses in one of the later tournament videos last year, I think even for power FH shots. Whatever it was for the disc kept getting thrown and I would have thought it was one of his Enforcers.

Eric Oakley also uses the Lucid X Felons for true overstable flights, whereas normal Lucid definitely turns. Apparently it's a pretty major difference.

More or less this. It's a much more rigid plastic blend that lends itself to molding up with more dome and higher PLH. My guess would be that the plastic simply doesn't "sag" as much when it cures / cools.

My Lucid-X trespasses all have a little pop-top dome around the injection nipple / center of the flight plate and a minutely higher PLH.

I would say that in the Trespass these differences manifest in a 0/2.5 kind of flight where as all other plastics vary between -1 or -1.5 / 2 for me. So, noticeably more high speed stability, but doesn't really add much more to the low speed stability. A little, but not much.

All that said, the Lucid-X were a late addition to my bag last summer, and I can't yet speak to the durability vs. standard lucid. Will that added high speed stability last any meaningful amount of time? I do not know.

Last edited:
I've got a nice pop top max weight Fuzion that I'm starting to use as my workhorse driver, but I would like a more OS version to go with it.

Should I get the Lucid-x or the Moonshine? (Basically, which is more overstable?) I'm replacing a Prodigy D1 (little much for my armspeed) so I'm wanting this to be pretty overstable.

Lucid-X is probably the safest bet if you're getting one sight unseen. If you can check them out in person just check the PLH. I've had some tourney stamped Fuzions that were absolutely Ch. Destroyer beefcakes.

I've got a nice pop top max weight Fuzion that I'm starting to use as my workhorse driver, but I would like a more OS version to go with it.

Should I get the Lucid-x or the Moonshine? (Basically, which is more overstable?) I'm replacing a Prodigy D1 (little much for my armspeed) so I'm wanting this to be pretty overstable.

Moonshine molds up a little more stable than Lucid and Fuzion Trespasses; Lucid-X molds up like a different disc altogether. I highly recommend going the Lucid-X route if you want the most OS Trespass possible. Mine is about halfway between an Enforcer and normal Trespass in stability. I can give it a full crank and know it will fade out. It's still not going to be great in a solid headwind, but the Lucid-X Trespass can handle just about everything else.

Just got two trespasses in the mail since I've finally decided that I don't have any business throwing destroyers. I max out at 400' RHBH on a great day, generally in the 360-380' range. So I put the ole 12x wraiths back in the bag for distance duties, but wanted to try the trespass as I've always seen it as a more neutral, glidey wraith.

I took to the field:

4x PFN 12x star wraiths (ranging from straight-stable to flip-and-doesn't-fade)
1x Penned star wraith (166g, the most OS wraith I have, but not beefy by any means)
3x embossed wraiths (straight stable to out of the box flipper)
1x Fuzion Burst trespass
1x Lucid trespass (flat)

My findings are that the trespasses are a very nice neutral and glidey complement to a star wraith. Most of my wraiths are older and have some seasoning, so most will all at least pop up a bit in calm conditions. The trespasses just seem to have a slow rightward bank while gliding forward, and the fade is not dumpy like a wraith can be. The wraiths definitely hold up better in a headwind, usually drifting right then fading. I wouldn't throw either of these trespasses in a headwind. As an aside, the fuzion burst has a higher PLH than the lucid, and flies a touch more stable.

The trespasses consistently out-distanced the wraiths, but not by much (10' or so). I am now very interested in trying a Lucid X trespass, not necessarily to hold a hyzer in a headwind, although that would also be nice, but to get that good straight carry without burning over.

I'm also interested in a speed 11 OS bookend for my wraith/trespass cycle. I have read that Discmania DDs can fit this bill.

TL;DRi: f you like wraiths, try a trespass!

The Trespass and Enforcer both have the exact same rim width as a Wraith, according to my calipers. But, like you, I think they somehow seem faster and longer. Try a Bio or Fuzion Enforcer. They start out pretty darn overstable, but break into deliciousness.

Just got two trespasses in the mail since I've finally decided that I don't have any business throwing destroyers. I max out at 400' RHBH on a great day, generally in the 360-380' range. So I put the ole 12x wraiths back in the bag for distance duties, but wanted to try the trespass as I've always seen it as a more neutral, glidey wraith.

I took to the field:

4x PFN 12x star wraiths (ranging from straight-stable to flip-and-doesn't-fade)
1x Penned star wraith (166g, the most OS wraith I have, but not beefy by any means)
3x embossed wraiths (straight stable to out of the box flipper)
1x Fuzion Burst trespass
1x Lucid trespass (flat)

My findings are that the trespasses are a very nice neutral and glidey complement to a star wraith. Most of my wraiths are older and have some seasoning, so most will all at least pop up a bit in calm conditions. The trespasses just seem to have a slow rightward bank while gliding forward, and the fade is not dumpy like a wraith can be. The wraiths definitely hold up better in a headwind, usually drifting right then fading. I wouldn't throw either of these trespasses in a headwind. As an aside, the fuzion burst has a higher PLH than the lucid, and flies a touch more stable.

The trespasses consistently out-distanced the wraiths, but not by much (10' or so). I am now very interested in trying a Lucid X trespass, not necessarily to hold a hyzer in a headwind, although that would also be nice, but to get that good straight carry without burning over.

I'm also interested in a speed 11 OS bookend for my wraith/trespass cycle. I have read that Discmania DDs can fit this bill.

TL;DRi: f you like wraiths, try a trespass!

I agree with your assessment here. I find the Trespass to be 1 speed faster than a Wraith. They have a shallower rim.

For me Trespasses are quite a bit more understable than a Wraith. They also glide better and are much longer.

I'd use a Wraith and Trespass for different shots. The Wraith would be for controlled distance, while the Trespass would be more for open hole flex bombs (where accuracy isn't as important).

I find the Trespass to be a very finicky mold. I've thrown about 10 of them, and there is some variance in stability. I've thrown a couple beefy ones and some really understable ones. In all honesty I've pretty much lost faith in the Trespass as a usable on-course driver. They get beat up bad by wind and are erratically flippy. I still mess around with Trespasses in the field, but I can't find much use for them on the course.

The Wraith is more of a rock solid mold. There isn't a lot of deviance from disc to disc and a Wraith will perform how you expect. You get the slight high speed turn followed by a consistent, fairly hard fade.

I notice a large difference in distance between the Trespass and Wraith. On a good rip with a Trespass I can near 450'. A good rip with a Wraith will be maybe 410'. The Trespass is a wild S curve path. The Wraith won't S curve or glide as much. You do notice the speed difference between a Trespass and a Wraith when you throw them.

On the course, give me the Wraith. I'd rather have an accurate 400' over an out of bounds 450'.

I would say if you like Wraiths, but want something a speed higher and somewhat flippier, try a Trespass.

In all honesty I've pretty much lost faith in the Trespass as a usable on-course driver. They get beat up bad by wind and are erratically flippy. I still mess around with Trespasses in the field, but I can't find much use for them on the course.

I like them for smoothing out there on hyzer flips down a low ceiling fairway where you want to hit your max fairway driver distance equivalent but need the extra speed/carry to stay low. So instead of powering up the Trespass and getting your max distance lines, try throwing it at 60-70% on a hyzer flip and you might still get really nice -1/1 type flights out of it. Especially if you have a slight tailwind or a slight tail-crosswind they hold straight.

Basically for anyone throwing 350-380' the Trespass is one of the best neutral flying drivers IMO, so if you power it down closer to that range it should still fly fantastic.

I agree with your assessment here. I find the Trespass to be 1 speed faster than a Wraith. They have a shallower rim.

For me Trespasses are quite a bit more understable than a Wraith. They also glide better and are much longer.

I'd use a Wraith and Trespass for different shots. The Wraith would be for controlled distance, while the Trespass would be more for open hole flex bombs (where accuracy isn't as important).

I find the Trespass to be a very finicky mold. I've thrown about 10 of them, and there is some variance in stability. I've thrown a couple beefy ones and some really understable ones. In all honesty I've pretty much lost faith in the Trespass as a usable on-course driver. They get beat up bad by wind and are erratically flippy. I still mess around with Trespasses in the field, but I can't find much use for them on the course.

The Wraith is more of a rock solid mold. There isn't a lot of deviance from disc to disc and a Wraith will perform how you expect. You get the slight high speed turn followed by a consistent, fairly hard fade.

I notice a large difference in distance between the Trespass and Wraith. On a good rip with a Trespass I can near 450'. A good rip with a Wraith will be maybe 410'. The Trespass is a wild S curve path. The Wraith won't S curve or glide as much. You do notice the speed difference between a Trespass and a Wraith when you throw them.

On the course, give me the Wraith. I'd rather have an accurate 400' over an out of bounds 450'.

I would say if you like Wraiths, but want something a speed higher and somewhat flippier, try a Trespass.

Great points. I can see them getting squirrelly in the 400+ tier of distance. At my current armspeed, they seem to be pretty easy -2/2 distance flight without burning over (unless headwind) or dumping at the end. Definitely a different disc than a wraith, which is why I'll bag both :)

I like them for smoothing out there on hyzer flips down a low ceiling fairway where you want to hit your max fairway driver distance equivalent but need the extra speed/carry to stay low. So instead of powering up the Trespass and getting your max distance lines, try throwing it at 60-70% on a hyzer flip and you might still get really nice -1/1 type flights out of it. Especially if you have a slight tailwind or a slight tail-crosswind they hold straight.

Basically for anyone throwing 350-380' the Trespass is one of the best neutral flying drivers IMO, so if you power it down closer to that range it should still fly fantastic.

Totally agree...although probably because I can count on one hand the number of times I've thrown further than 380'. Trespass was basically made for my power range. And with the Lucid-X Trespass available the past year or two, there's now a plastic variant that is stable enough to either really rip on or toss into a mild-to-moderate headwind.

I'm not throwing Trespasses currently, simply because Ballistas are easier distance for me. But the Trespass is still a driver that flies very well for my arm.

Totally agree...although probably because I can count on one hand the number of times I've thrown further than 380'. Trespass was basically made for my power range. And with the Lucid-X Trespass available the past year or two, there's now a plastic variant that is stable enough to either really rip on or toss into a mild-to-moderate headwind.

I'm not throwing Trespasses currently, simply because Ballistas are easier distance for me. But the Trespass is still a driver that flies very well for my arm.

You could be right. I go out there and try to mash on Trespasses, and I'm probably overpowering them.

I have thrown a few Trespasses that could reliably handle 440' worth of power. However, I've also thrown some that would flip on anything over 360'. The Trespass is definitely not a "power hungry" disc like a Destroyer. A little finesse is needed to get a Trespass to do what you want.

IF (and that's a big if) I decided to bag a Trespass again it would be more for hyzerflip turnovers rather than flat bombing. At high speed a Trespass pretty much needs to be hyzerflipped to keep it on a flat line.

Anyone give the new Lucid-Xs (2019 EMac, there's a regular LX and a moonshine LX).

EMac says they have a little more dome than 2018 (which are pretty flat, and exhibit a little less glide IMO) and are a little more OS.

Latest posts