• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Trespass [The Missing Link!]

hey guys. how does the trespass vs. the sword fly at around 350-375

i threw them both side by side for a while.. depends on the plastic

i had a Tournament sword with a BioFuzion Trespass for a while, this would be 2 separate slots, the sword is a straight flyer and can be used for long turnovers if cranked, the trespass can also be a straight flyer but fits more into the overstable slot because it will always pull out and end with a stronger fade.

the HSS is similar at first but the the trespass has more LSS Fade that brings it out of a straight line or anny, were the Sword will hold much longer anny lines for me and not pull out till the very end.

Not sure how a VIP Sword would compare though

I did end up putting the destroyers back in place of the trespass though because they were a little too similar for me and i wanted a little more beef sometimes.

I throw TP Swords for my Understable Max D and Hybrid (same as BioFuzion) Trespass for my workhorse/straight-line Max D shots. A max weight TP Sword is a 12/5/-1/1.5 when fresh and quickly beats into a 12/5/-2/1.5 (or even more understable in lighter weights); it makes an excellent controllable turnover/tailwind/hyzer-flip driver at 350ft+. The Trespass in BF/Hybrid is a 12/5/-.5/3 and stays that way for longer due to the plastic; it can handle some moderate wind, predictably fades at the end of the flight, and has huge distance potential. With my Sword i'm planning on going right (RHBH) or straight with very little, if any, fade - with my Trespass I know I'm going to fight out of most annys/turnovers and have at least moderate fade at the end of the shot.

I think they pair very well and between them account for 2/3 of my Max D molds.

I currently throw RHBH and some rhfh when i need a loong right turn since I don't throw the best anyhyzers. I mainly throw star bosses. Star destroyers and lately a champ dominator offer me a bit more distance but can sometimes turn and burn on me. I have been looking at trying either a lucid or fuzion trespass to see if it might fit in between the the destroyer and boss for distance forehand. any thoughts on the trespass for forehands from you guys throwing them. I throw the star boss well but I am looking for a bit more turn than the boss without as much turn and burn as I get with my destroyers. have tried heavier blizzard bosses but they are flippy

I love throwing the trespass FH. Just to be clear, when you say "long right turn", do you mean a shot that finishes right?

Turn usually implies mid-flight movement rather than end of flight movement, that's why I'm clarifying.

But back to the point, I haven't thrown a Dominator but you really shouldn't be able to "turn and burn" these unless you are throwing over 450' FH, even then, they should come out of it.

I haven't thrown Destroyers but those shouldn't really turn and burn on FH either.

If a boss and destroyer are too flippy for your forehand I would try one of two options. Cleaning up the form or going really OS and saying screw it. If you go that last route I would get a Stiletto. I do know a few people with really great forehand form and they can whip a trespass very long on a golf line shot where it flexes and comes back at the end.

If a boss and destroyer are too flippy for your forehand I would try one of two options. Cleaning up the form or going really OS and saying screw it. If you go that last route I would get a Stiletto. I do know a few people with really great forehand form and they can whip a trespass very long on a golf line shot where it flexes and comes back at the end.

my form may not be the best but I am pretty accurate. The boss is not too flippy.actually the opposite. it's just a bit too stable for pure distance. the destoyer/dominator are still decent but I have to throw it perfectly flat. I guess I should have not used turn and burn. they just turnover a bit too much if I try and power on em. I am not very good at releasing my forehands on a hyzer line I tend to throw my distance forehands with a SMALL bit of anny on the release. I have been throwing the dominator with pretty good success out driving my boss, but I just feel like their has to be a disc in between that would work better for me.

Each day I love the Lucid 174-175 more and more. This disc truly bombs for me. I initially gave it a try because it is the narrowest of the wide rimmed maximum distance drivers ~ 2.1cm rim width versus the traditional 2.5cm. This .4 cm is huge because I can wrap my fingers around the rim better which in turn creates better grip and more snap. Because I have more snap from a more secure grip, I get the disc up to its intended speed and flight characteristics. And because of this, on my bad Trespass throws I am getting the same distance that I was getting with my average throws with Nukes, Hurricanes, Bosses, Kings, Swords, Cannons, etc. "Average" best throw of the Trespass versus my average best throws from the others is no comparison; the Trespass outdistances them by 10-15 feet.

Thus I am getting more distance easier with the Trespass.

The success with the Trespass gave me reason to try their other discs. Not that I was looking for a replacement for my TeeBirds, but my Birds are not flying the same as they were last year. This is disappointing. The flight charts indicate that the Escape should fly closer to what I was throwing my TeeBirds like last year. However, I am sorrowfully disappointed with the Escape, making me regret buying three of them (because I always buy three so all my bags are stocked so I am always ready no matter what vehicle I happen to have that day).

I guess I will have to unpacked my Birds and try to beat them up some more.

Again, Trespass, hugely impressed.

My 174 biofuzion trespass and 172 vip sword (both being pretty new condition) flew veeery similar at 375 but the trespass was clearly just a hair less understable. I think this would be true of a lucid trespass as well and that would be a more appropriate pairing because biofuzion plastic will wear much much faster than lucid/vip. It is really a toss up imo but I think the trespass is a slightly 'better' go to disc at that distance or longer because they are both not very overstable anyway. I would recommend a max weight lucid trespass.

20130725_230109_zpsea0e2c1e.jpg

I had to pick this up today....

I have 4 Pink Lucids, a blue FR Fuzion, and now this beauty. LOVE me some Trespasses.

Each day I love the Lucid 174-175 more and more. This disc truly bombs for me. I initially gave it a try because it is the narrowest of the wide rimmed maximum distance drivers ~ 2.1cm rim width versus the traditional 2.5cm. This .4 cm is huge because I can wrap my fingers around the rim better which in turn creates better grip and more snap. Because I have more snap from a more secure grip, I get the disc up to its intended speed and flight characteristics. And because of this, on my bad Trespass throws I am getting the same distance that I was getting with my average throws with Nukes, Hurricanes, Bosses, Kings, Swords, Cannons, etc. "Average" best throw of the Trespass versus my average best throws from the others is no comparison; the Trespass outdistances them by 10-15 feet.

Thus I am getting more distance easier with the Trespass.

The success with the Trespass gave me reason to try their other discs. Not that I was looking for a replacement for my TeeBirds, but my Birds are not flying the same as they were last year. This is disappointing. The flight charts indicate that the Escape should fly closer to what I was throwing my TeeBirds like last year. However, I am sorrowfully disappointed with the Escape, making me regret buying three of them (because I always buy three so all my bags are stocked so I am always ready no matter what vehicle I happen to have that day).

I guess I will have to unpacked my Birds and try to beat them up some more.

Again, Trespass, hugely impressed.

Might be the first time I've seen anyone dislike the Escape. Although I never knew anyone who was trying to replace teebirds with them. I get more of a champ valk flight out of the lucid and the bio is similar just a little more HSS. Got any unthrown? I bet you could trade them straight up for new trespasses. Let me know what you have I might be interested.

Might be the first time I've seen anyone dislike the Escape. Although I never knew anyone who was trying to replace teebirds with them. I get more of a champ valk flight out of the lucid and the bio is similar just a little more HSS. Got any unthrown? I bet you could trade them straight up for new trespasses. Let me know what you have I might be interested.

I have a co-worker who is almost exclusively DD now and swears by them that they fill the role he would use a beat TeeBird for. And in all honesty, the first round I used them that is exactly what I saw. Even the flight charts suggest the same thing except that the Escape is a little longer, which to me suggests that I can get similar results by backing off the power so I can concentrate on hitting my line.

However, subsequent rounds when I tried stretching it out to see I can get out of it, it turned right into the ground and appears to have no loft or glide. Whenever I get a new disc, I have a strong tendency to always take it easy on the disc just to see what it is suppose to do, but after that initial round I always try to get more. I already have the Roadrunner for backed off shots, and the Escape is a driver, if I need shorter distance I will just throw my mids.

Here is the dilemma: I am trying to find a disc that flies like how a seasoned TeeBird is supposed to fly. My ideal TeeBird is so special to me that it sits on the wall out of fear of losing it. It sucks that it is so perfect that I fear that 1 in a 100 shot where I will lose it. Breaking in new TeeBirds is a more difficult proposition this year because how I throw fairway drivers has inadvertently changed since I started dialing in the Leopard. I can throw that dead straight or put it on any line for up to 350 feet. However, the Leopard by how I throw it will still tail off at the end, so either I accept fade where I do not want it (and I do not want that on Plymouth Creek #8) or I have to give it more room for lateral movement. I want that dead straight, point and shoot shot I used to have with my TeeBirds, especially at courses like at BRP were I traditionally play well during tournaments.

Yet the technique I use for making the 175 Champ Leopard such a powerful weapon in my arsenal has affected how I throw TeeBirds. Instead of being dead straight, they suddenly seem tremendously more stable. Throw on top of that that I have a sensory issue with plastic that I am throwing almost exclusively Champion style plastic (Champ, Z, Lucid, Opto, Eclipse Proton, etc), and the 12x Champ TeeBirds are so ridiculously stable that they fly more like beat Predators than the TeeBirds I used to love.

I am putting my foot down and saying that my bag is set. I have invested too much money and time trying to find the right combination for my bag. I know that I am never going to be an Open player, but if I ever want to be more than a middle of the pack advanced player, I really need to learn the full extent of what I have and stick with it. The plan was and now is again is to beat in these Champ TeeBirds back to where I remember them. This is going to be no small task, thus my reason for making an exception for the Escape.

Now I am sitting on three Escapes, all Lucid, all heavy, two with minimal throws on it and nothing more than scuffing at most, and one completely new one. I do have that co-worker interested in buying them off of me, but it might be some time before he has spare funds. As for trades, the only thing I need would be Glo FLX Meteors. Getting more Lucid Trespasses would be secondary because I already have four of them with two Bio-Fuzion heavies as back-ups. If I do pick up more Trespasses, it would have to be because they are dyed or they are 175 and day glow yellow. Sorry that I am that exclusively, but not only I am saying that my bags are set, but I want them filled with exactly what weight and color work best for me.

Final note on the Escape, now that you make the Valkyrie comparison, I can see that. I used to throw Valkyries for open field shots where I still need to shape lines and I could see the Escape doing the same things. However, I no longer throw that kind of shot because I have become tremendously better at stretching out fairway drivers and mids on those shots. They do require a tad more stability than what the Escape has.

That's incredibly detailed lol. But it completely explains your situation to me. It's weird that you can throw a leo straight and a new teebird is overstable but your lucid escape is turning right into the ground. I can't explain that one. The glide issue either. All three of them do that? I've had some flippier than others but none that ever turned into a roller. I'd list them in the MP or let your friend buy them, after you take all three out to a field of course for one last attempt. Maybe they'll click for you this time.

I have to just say that this disc is awesome. I'm a totally Lat/Westside/DD homer, so I had to pick one of these up about a month ago after I lost my Sword and wanted to try something new to replace it. I picked up a yellow 173 First Run Lucid Trespass and I just had a round yesterday where I was throwing this thing as far as I have ever thrown...ever. Now it was one of those rounds were everything was clicking, so I can't give all of the credit to the disc, but it was just money and I love how low I can release it and it will just glide for days.Thinking about trying an escape, even though I have 2 Saints which I love, I really like these DD discs.

I have to just say that this disc is awesome. I'm a totally Lat/Westside/DD homer, so I had to pick one of these up about a month ago after I lost my Sword and wanted to try something new to replace it. I picked up a yellow 173 First Run Lucid Trespass and I just had a round yesterday where I was throwing this thing as far as I have ever thrown...ever. Now it was one of those rounds were everything was clicking, so I can't give all of the credit to the disc, but it was just money and I love how low I can release it and it will just glide for days.Thinking about trying an escape, even though I have 2 Saints which I love, I really like these DD discs.

There's room for both the saint and escape in a bag I feel, I know I have one saint and two escapes in mine. The key is to get them different enough they barely overlap. If you have a saint that you consider flippy you should get a heavy biofuzion escape. If you feel like your saint is straight to overstable you should get a lighter weight lucid escape.

They are a fairly consistent mold but there is a big enough difference in the weights and plastics you can find a heavy bio one that is like a longer teebird and very stable or a light weight one in lucid that throws like a slightly used champ valk and gives you a nice S curve.

There's room for both the saint and escape in a bag I feel, I know I have one saint and two escapes in mine. The key is to get them different enough they barely overlap. If you have a saint that you consider flippy you should get a heavy biofuzion escape. If you feel like your saint is straight to overstable you should get a lighter weight lucid escape.

They are a fairly consistent mold but there is a big enough difference in the weights and plastics you can find a heavy bio one that is like a longer teebird and very stable or a light weight one in lucid that throws like a slightly used champ valk and gives you a nice S curve.

Thanks for the info. The stability of the plasics for DD confuses me...I know it's the same plastic as Lat, in which case Opto is usually more stable than GL. However it sounds like Biosfuzion (which I believe is a blend of Opto and GL) is somehow more stable than Lucid. Either way I think I'm going to take your advice and unless someone on the MP is selling one, I see a purdy black Biofuzion Escape on ebay I'm about to swoop on.

Thanks for the info. The stability of the plasics for DD confuses me...I know it's the same plastic as Lat, in which case Opto is usually more stable than GL. However it sounds like Biosfuzion (which I believe is a blend of Opto and GL) is somehow more stable than Lucid. Either way I think I'm going to take your advice and unless someone on the MP is selling one, I see a purdy black Biofuzion Escape on ebay I'm about to swoop on.

Yeah I'm not sure if there was a change to the opto plastic or if it's just the DD molds but generally I find the fuzion and biofuzion have a little more stability than the lucid. The bio is a little cheaper and wears nice though so that would probably be my choice if you could have only one. If you don't like it I'll trade you a like new misprint saint for the black bio escape. No problem. :hfive: