• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

My classic is pretty beat, and that's what I choose for my turnover approach shots, my lucid is very straight, my classic blend is pretty flippy too.

I love my wardens, but they have a definite sweat spot power wise. Too much power and they turn over and never come back, except my lucid, it will come back, but still does a big turn. Judge is definetely more stable, I don't think they should be rated the same. I would rate the Judge 240.5 and the Warden 24-.5.5

No flip for me. Just a nice neutral flyer with more glide than I expected.

Same. No flip. Just long glidey straight flight. Still has some fade at the end of the flight but it's minor.

Same. No flip. Just long glidey straight flight. Still has some fade at the end of the flight but it's minor.

I got one from the Southeast Amateur in Orlando and it was surprisingly high speed stable despite only having a minor fade. It's just a very straight driving putter. (Was driving, not putting with it.)

I got one from the Southeast Amateur in Orlando and it was surprisingly high speed stable despite only having a minor fade. It's just a very straight driving putter. (Was driving, not putting with it.)

I drive and putt with them. However, I use the classics for push putting, softs for long spin approach putts, and moonshine for driving and upshots.

I never drive with my putting putters and I never putt with my driving putters.

i have one from there as well.. If i throw it hard it will turn a bit but it will come back

Might just knock the p2 out of the bag

Last edited:
I have been bagging a moonshine warden for months now and have to say that disc is capable of holding lines. It's it fairly hss and has virtually no lsf. It flush like a latitude pure but a little bit deeper (and with a shoulder). I like flat, shallow discs. But this warden feels better than the pure right now.

Anyone throwing wardens?

I have been bagging a moonshine warden for months now and have to say that disc is capable of holding lines. It's it fairly hss and has virtually no lsf. It flush like a latitude pure but a little bit deeper (and with a shoulder). I like flat, shallow discs. But this warden feels better than the pure right now.

Anyone throwing wardens?

Absolutely! Wardens have been my putter of choice since they were released; something about the shape just works for me.

Missed out on the Moonshine when they were available, so I jumped all over the Fluid release a few months ago. Really, really liking the Fluid for a throwing putter. It has a touch more dome compared to the Classics, so a little more glide with the same minimal LSF with nice drop and stickiness.

Also testing out the Prime for putting. The Prime feels nice and grippy on my fingertips, but with a stiffness between Classic and Blend that works well for my push putt. It seems to be a little less stable than (fresh) Classic but with more glide; looking forward to beating these in for fall and winter play.

So, yeah. Throwing Wardens, indeed...

On principle I try and stay away from discs that only get limited releases for alternative plastic options and it's quickly seeming like the warden is not a priority. Only one run of Fluid that I know of, no stock runs of lucid/fuzion/moonshine.

Does anyone know of a close alternative to the warden that comes in many different plastics? My initial instinct is P2, any other thoughts? I don't have brand loyalty so I'm willing to hear options from all companies (although I currently don't throw anything with an overmold)

Last edited:
On principle I try and stay away from discs that only get limited releases for alternative plastic options and it's quickly seeming like the warden is not a priority. Only one run of Fluid that I know of, no stock runs of lucid/fuzion/moonshine.

Does anyone know of a close alternative to the warden that comes in many different plastics? My initial instinct is P2, any other thoughts? I don't have brand loyalty so I'm willing to hear options from all companies (although I currently don't throw anything with an overmold)

The Classic Warden is my main putting putter, and I have hoped for this disc to come out in a firm premium plastic for throwing. I also use the S-line P2, and while it's a good and mildly overstable disc, it does not feel like the Warden in my hand.

One other possibility is the Reko. Good feel in the hand, similar to the Warden (for me), but I don't know what all plastics the Reko comes in.

The Classic Warden is my main putting putter, and I have hoped for this disc to come out in a firm premium plastic for throwing. I also use the S-line P2, and while it's a good and mildly overstable disc, it does not feel like the Warden in my hand.

One other possibility is the Reko. Good feel in the hand, similar to the Warden (for me), but I don't know what all plastics the Reko comes in.

Nooooooo. How does the p2 vary in the hands? Is it beaded? How deep?

P2 is a beadless aviarX. Feels deeper vs a Warden. P2s have similar stability to a KC Aviar. Straight to fade and decent in the wind.

P&A mold will be more straight to straight.

Nooooooo. How does the p2 vary in the hands? Is it beaded? How deep?

The P2 is beadless. The feel in the hand is deeper than the Warden to me. This is not to disparage the P2, which is an excellent disc and one of my favorite throwing putters.

P2 is a beadless aviarX. Feels deeper vs a Warden. P2s have similar stability to a KC Aviar. Straight to fade and decent in the wind.

P&A mold will be more straight to straight.

The P2 is beadless. The feel in the hand is deeper than the Warden to me. This is not to disparage the P2, which is an excellent disc and one of my favorite throwing putters.

OK, all in all it sounds like this is going to work. I have long kept the mentality of "don't throw your putting putters" so I have 2 blends and a soft I only use for putting. I will probably try and snag a G, S, Glow, and P and see which I like the best for throwing.

I think it might be nice to have the extra stability as well

Update: after this thread's recent conversation, I went and dug out my Fluid Warden and took it out to the course. Though Fluid is a bit soft for my liking (it's like soft/gummy Opto to me), I definitely felt that comfortable Warden feel when I gripped it. It also has been very good on my approach shots: good distance, good accuracy, a wee bit of fade at the end (which I expect will be diminished even more if I keep throwing it).

I hope the DG gods are listening (or at least the peeps at Dynamic Discs) and give us some firm Opto or (better yet) stock Gold Line Wardens to buy, and soon...

Update: after this thread's recent conversation, I went and dug out my Fluid Warden and took it out to the course. Though Fluid is a bit soft for my liking (it's like soft/gummy Opto to me), I definitely felt that comfortable Warden feel when I gripped it. It also has been very good on my approach shots: good distance, good accuracy, a wee bit of fade at the end (which I expect will be diminished even more if I keep throwing it).

I hope the DG gods are listening (or at least the peeps at Dynamic Discs) and give us some firm Opto or (better yet) stock Gold Line Wardens to buy, and soon...

I snagged a p3 and have taken that out to the course. I also snagged a p2 but haven't given it a spin yet. How would you compare the flight path of the p2, p3, and warden?

I agree that the p2 is a bit deeper in the hand but I actually found it quite nice. The P3 wasn't as OS as advertised but I actually found it more useful than another ghastly OS putter.

Any big difference in stability between P2 plastics?

I snagged a p3 and have taken that out to the course. I also snagged a p2 but haven't given it a spin yet. How would you compare the flight path of the p2, p3, and warden?
I agree that the p2 is a bit deeper in the hand but I actually found it quite nice. The P3 wasn't as OS as advertised but I actually found it more useful than another ghastly OS putter.
Any big difference in stability between P2 plastics?

First, the P3: no, it's not as OS as advertised. It feels more like a mid than a putter in the hand, and in some ways the P3 was/is a precursor to the Approach discs like the Prodigy A1-A4 series, and the Colt/Stud discs, etc. I have a C-Line P3 and a Glow C-Line P3, and they fly about the same: a bit OS, but not as much as I want, and they'll fight out of hyzer lines just enough to go long of an intended dogleg target window.

The P2 is stable-to-overstable. It holds serve in not-TOO-strong headwinds. It feels similar to many in the Aviar family, from which it derives. I have the S-Line and Color Glow C-Line, and I just placed an order for an X-Line. The Color Glow C-Line was slightly more overstable fresh out of the box. The S-Line has held its stability well in several months of heavy use.

The Warden flies pretty straight. I don't throw the Classic (my putting putter) very much, but it's flight is similar to the Fluid's flight when I do throw it: straight with a tad of fade at the end. I expect the Classic (or Classic Blend) will lose the fade and then eventually begin to turn more as it seasons in. I expect the same of the Fluid, though it will probably take more time for that to happen.

In feel, as you're probably experiencing: the Warden is the most comfortable putter in my hand that I've yet to find (The Reko is similar in comfort). The P2 is okay but a bit deep for my personal taste, and as I said before the P3 feels more like a slow mid in the hand than a putter.

TL;DR: I'd say the P3 is "different", while the Warden and P2 are in the putter-class with the Warden more neutral.

I love the p3, I HATED the depth of the p2 but loved the flight pattern.

I've been using Wardens and P3s but I just snagged an aviar3, it's shallow and flat top which makes me happy. Trying them out today!

I love the p3, I HATED the depth of the p2 but loved the flight pattern.

I've been using Wardens and P3s but I just snagged an aviar3, it's shallow and flat top which makes me happy. Trying them out today!

To clarify - I love throwing putters off the tee. I absolutely loved wardens but I hate fighting tooth and nail to find a mold in an appropriate plastic for less than $25. It makes me feel anxious any time I throw the disc. I also found that I wanted something with a tad more bite at the end than my wardens. I am posting here for the sake of anyone else who embarks on the same journey.

Hopefully aviar3 will be the ticket to a straight with fade approach putter.

To clarify - I love throwing putters off the tee. I absolutely loved wardens but I hate fighting tooth and nail to find a mold in an appropriate plastic for less than $25. It makes me feel anxious any time I throw the disc. I also found that I wanted something with a tad more bite at the end than my wardens. I am posting here for the sake of anyone else who embarks on the same journey.

Hopefully aviar3 will be the ticket to a straight with fade approach putter.

I feel like the DD Marshal or the WS Shield is where you should be looking, with this description in mind. The warden is a very straight throwing putter, stable but not overstable.

Latest posts