• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Dynamic Discs Witness Replacement

As a previous witness thrower, I've replaced it with a Titanium Heat and haven't looked back. Better feel in the hand, and almost the same flight. Perfect for dead straight medium powered shots, long turnovers that don't burn, long S shots, and better for forehands than the Witness.

Thanks for the suggestions. Both of those are 5 speeds and I have that slot covered with my DGA Rift. I have thrown the Mako3, didn't work for me and I've given it away. Never thrown Westside discs....

I'm looking for speeds 6 to 8, understable (-3 turn or so). The suggestions I have so far (besides the #1 option Sidewinder 9 speed) are:
7 speed
Westside Underworld
Discraft Sting
Infinte Discs Sphinx

6 speed
Discraft Glide
DGA Tremor
MVP Relay

8 speed
DiscMania Essence

I have 9 speed covered now, but there were other suggestions for that speed.

I need the disc to be fairly flat topped as that is what works best for my forehand.

As for the Tremor, it's an amazing disc, especially if you're not throwing a lot of forehands. Hyzerflips, and huge easy turning shots. It's TRULY understable fresh out of the box. Careful not to overpower it, but a great tool if you have the touch.

It's been a while since my last update....so...to replace my Witness....

-I'm still loving the Innova Sidewinder, I have a USWDGC Halo Sidewinder that is absolutely straight for me.
-I had a Dynamic Discs Escape that I also used a lot. While it wasn't as straight as the Sidewinder, I could get a bit more distance with it and a fade to the right (I'm RHFH). However, the Escape I used became a kite and sailed off to the lake. I have another Escape, but it doesn't fly the same (might be a different plastic).
-I recently got a Legacy Mongoose and wow! I got my longest tee shot with it (didn't count as I missed a mando) and it flew pretty straight. Had a couple bad shots with it and trouble finding it (dark green wasn't the best choice for the day), so I switched back to my Sidewinder.

I want to test the Sidewinder and Mongoose side-by-side...but it's difficult. The field I normally use for testing is a school football field - works great since it has yardage lines that I use for checking distance, and hash marks that I use for alignment and to check the flight of the disc (straight, slight curve, etc). But the school is closed due to COVID-19, so that is out. The next largest field is ~45 minutes away so I don't get much chance to get there on weekdays, and on weekends it is crowded with other people enjoying the park. I've also been testing a Legacy Enemy for a right-finishing option since the Sidewinder and Mongoose are fairly straight.

For shorter range options:
-I have a really beat-up Innova TeeBird that I'm liking for shorter distances.
-I'm throwing a Discraft Glide for one specific hole*. My main course has a slight downhill to the right hole (218) and I can pretty much park the Glide there. (I took out four mid-ranges to that hole one day and just kept throwing tee shots to see which disc would be the best for that shot).
-I have a DGA Tremor, but I just can't get the hang of that disc yet...so it sits on a shelf and I bring it out to test every now and then.

*The Glide may end up coming back out of my bag...or find a different use. My RHFH is getting a bit better and last time I played the hole I use it for, I overthrew the hole with it. It might be a fluke or my form is getting better...I just have to see how it goes.

So thank you all for all the suggestions on discs to replace my Witness.

Latest posts