• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Dynamic Discs Witness Replacement

BillFleming

* Ace Member *
I've been playing for just over a year and my 'go to' fairway driver for forehands has been the Dynamic Discs Witness (8/6/-3/1). Love the disc! But when I lost my disc in a lake, I found they are out of production. I don't stockpile discs....and have no desire to...so buying a bunch of the ones that remain isn't the answer. I did buy one for now, but I'm looking for an 'in production' replacement. I'm not brand-centric - my bag is a mixed set of discs.

Requirements: Understable and flat top (I just can't throw a domed disc forehand). In the 7 to 9 speed range.

Ones I already have and tried, but aren't quite working for me:

Latitude 64 Diamond (8/6/-3/1): mainly a low weight disc, I did find two in 170g, but they are hard to find and aren't a good option. Also, they have a slight dome to them.

Discraft Xpress (8/5/-3/1): threw it well, but it too is OOP

Discraft Heat (9/6/-3/1): sometimes it flies well for me but not all the time...slight dome.

In the meantime, I am trying to learn to throw a domed disc forehand.

Other information: the main hole I used my Witness for is 214 feet. I would throw the disc about 10 feet left of the basket and end up within circle 1 - in front of, or to the right of the basket. I'm 60 years old, don't have huge arm speed, and am still working on my form/consistency/accuracy.

Sidewinder is a good call, there also exist some flatter Underworlds that you might like.

Sidewinder will be more OS than a witness out of the box. Will likely have similar results to the heat.

I have limited experience with the Mongoose, but that might be a good choice. Cheers

Sidewinder or even a Roadrunner ( slightly more understable).

Thanks everyone.....I'll get one of each of the suggestions: Sidewinder, Mongoose, Roadrunner and even check out the Underworld. Sidewinder does seem to be the #1 choice.

My 'prime' weight is 168. I do have a couple of 150's and don't throw them much since most of the courses I play are usually windy.

I am thinking an Archer or a glide might be what you are looking for, Glide is better for Forehand as that mold is almost an Impact but without the Hash-marks that the Impact had on the rim but in Z or now Big Z. However these discs will be slower then the Witness that is a a speed 9. In that case a Road Runner might be a good choice.

Last edited:
I don't really know the MVP/Axiom lineup all that well, but when I worked at a disc golf store I remember that almost all of their fairways were consistently flat topped. Also the weight on the rim makes a lot of people prefer the feel of them for sidearm.

On infinite I see the Relay, Virus, Inspire as discs that could fit that wheelhouse.

I have only thrown about a dozen of their molds, none of which are these. So I can't say how they will fly, but feel-wise, you may like them enough to give them a shot.

Lighter weight Fury maybe?

a seasoned Maverick might also do the trick....

Not ultra familiar with the Sting, but I remember it being fairly understable as well

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Next step is to go to my favorite disc golf store and check out the discs everyone suggested to see how flat they are. Then I'll get some to try out. When I make my decision, I'll post it here and why I chose it.

Keep us updated for sure! I love controllable flippy stuff. I heard the greg barsby stamped star roadrunners are money though. Perhaps find one of those, but it might start off a bit more stable than what you truly want at that distance.

I dig that. I throw the Thief after finding a used fusion with a stamp on it from an Tournie in Ia. I've got 2 Lucids and a new Fuzion one now. I guess if it's something that brings enjoyment to your game, then find away to get what you need. They've got im in 150's on the site...

Yeah I picked up another thief too after I heard they were going OOP. My buddy is going through the same thing now since I gave him 3 witnesses last year. He loves them but wants something he can get more of, even though he has 3 and he can still get a couple more online.

For US forehand I would suggest a MVP Relay. It has a flat top and isn't too US as to turn-and-burn.

I dig that. I throw the Thief after finding a used fusion with a stamp on it from an Tournie in Ia. I've got 2 Lucids and a new Fuzion one now. I guess if it's something that brings enjoyment to your game, then find away to get what you need. They've got im in 150's on the site...

I know I can get Lucid Witness discs elsewhere and I did end up buying one from Lucky Discs. But they won't be around forever since they are OOP. That's why I'm trying to find something to replace it.

I've tried 150 weights in other discs....but where I throw the most, 150 is too light for the wind.

Latest posts