• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I second the Leo3 recommendation, though I'll admit it feels a lot like the standard Leo to me. I bag a 150 and 175 and they cover a lot of territory for me....

I just recently got back into throwing eagles after I traded one away a while back. I forgot how much I loved eagles and how much use they had. Only problem I have with throwing eagles is that good ones are hard to find.

After carrying my favorite red opaque champion Eagle in the side pocket for the last 5 years, I've finally taken the teebirds out of the bag. In went two champ X's, a champ L, and a different Leopard. Other than always hitting the lines I want, and being the perfect anhyzer flex disc, the final straw was finding two nicely overstable pearly purples a couple weeks apart. It's also been nice seeing Barsby throwing his Eagles in the Jomez videos. I'm not normally one to get suckered in by pro endorsements, but he really makes them look good.

Y'all made me want to try eagles again and I picked out a turd. The thing has no glide and is firebird overstable. Yuck. Not what I wanted at all.
Yea, there are some runs that are piss overstable. The color Glow X's I have tried are pretty good and L's are always pretty good to me. A beat up L is a thing of beauty

Just got a 168 gummy star eagle x. Was described as 6.5/10 but it's much less used than that. Gonna try to make time to hit the practice facility with it today and work in a heavily wooded round this weekend to give it a real test.

So excited for the eagle/Leo combo these days. Hit all the lines!!!

Got a call from east today saying they were out of glow t3s so I opted for color glow eagles instead. Asked if they were xs or ls and was told xs. Should be nice but would've loved some color glow el action.

Does anyone bag Teebirds & Eagles? I've carried Teebirds for the majority of my "disc golf career". I've had a Eagle in my bag a few times over the years. I remember throwing the Eagle a lot sidearm. I flick my Teebirds in certain situations but otherwise I don't flick my fairways (speed 6-8) that much. I do throw Firebirds sidearm but I still feel like my game is missing something not flicking fairway drivers. I've been considering having a similar setup to Alex Geisinger. He doesn't carry any control drivers ("middle speed discs" as he says). He goes straight from Teebirds to a Wraith/Destroyers. I like my PDs but unless I'm on a longer course they don't get used very much. I usually just throw a Teebird. So I might just throw in an Eagle instead of my PDs. Thoughts?

I throw and carry both, but the Teebird doesn't get thrown very often. I do like flicking Teebirds though

Does anyone bag Teebirds & Eagles? I've carried Teebirds for the majority of my "disc golf career". I've had a Eagle in my bag a few times over the years. I remember throwing the Eagle a lot sidearm. I flick my Teebirds in certain situations but otherwise I don't flick my fairways (speed 6-8) that much. I do throw Firebirds sidearm but I still feel like my game is missing something not flicking fairway drivers. I've been considering having a similar setup to Alex Geisinger. He doesn't carry any control drivers ("middle speed discs" as he says). He goes straight from Teebirds to a Wraith/Destroyers. I like my PDs but unless I'm on a longer course they don't get used very much. I usually just throw a Teebird. So I might just throw in an Eagle instead of my PDs. Thoughts?

I carry Eagles (one OS brick in Champ and one S.EX that flies sweetly) for FWs and PDs (C and P) for TB flights and FH. I don't really need the PDs but they just feel really good in my FH grip and the slightly sharper profile seems to help on holes I don't want to power down a distance driver or nut on an Eagle.

I do flick my S.EX (and sporadically Seer) too though, I recommend it. A stable-understable FW driver gives you a lot of hyzer flip options that a Firebird probably doesn't. I probably didn't help you at all. :|

Color glow feel nice, no mega dome but not flat. I've not thrown an eagle in a while. Might have to get a few tosses in with one.

Where to buy?

I got mine as part of a players pack at a tournament. I've been keeping an eye on the innova pro shop since they have been posting a lot of other color glow factory seconds but none have popped up. I'd really like to have a backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also intrigued by the color glow Eagles (I'm assuming they're champ). Is that a pretty recent addition to the CFR options? I don't recall seeing CG Eagles last time I perused the Innova order form, although it's possible that was oversight on my part.

I really love color glow champ plastic. The pink varieties are the most universally easy to find color across the spectrum of natural environments I've encountered...including darkness! Also the grip feels good, a little bit more tack than JL and regular glow type champ plastics.

How do they fly? Pretty OS?

I have never thrown an eagle, but I am intrigued by them. Trying to decide if I need to pick them up or not. Is there a Discmania disc that they are similar to? Like maybe a cd2, or are they more stable than that?

I have never thrown an eagle, but I am intrigued by them. Trying to decide if I need to pick them up or not. Is there a Discmania disc that they are similar to? Like maybe a cd2, or are they more stable than that?

Eagle is smaller rimmed and slower than a CD2. I actually carry a CD2 for my distance slot between Eagles and Destroyers. However, in terms of stability, I think a newer CD2 is very close to a seasoned Eagle X. Just longer.

The FD is actually pretty close to the old Eagle L mold, or maybe a current run Eagle X mold that has been beat to heck.

FD2 might be pretty close to a new/modern Eagle, although I haven't thrown one. By the #'s, FD2 is more of a Teebird than an Eagle. Still, close family.

Latest posts