• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I've thrown EXs for years now and have had them in and out of the bag but I've never tried the 150 class. Does the 150 class fly further, in your experience?

I'm not Keller buuuuuutttttt...
I threw all 150g (or lighter) discs for 8 years.
Eagle X was my go-to fairway driver. It does go further than the heavies unless you are throwing into a headwind. Controlability doesn't suffer much. If you are interested, I'd say go for it.

I've thrown EXs for years now and have had them in and out of the bag but I've never tried the 150 class. Does the 150 class fly further, in your experience?

Yes, but they are more nose angle sensitive. Get the nose up a little and they won't power through and go no where.

But they are really fun!

Oh my god, I ordered an Innfuse Star Eagle on a whim. It's beautiful! It's medium flexibility with a mild puddle top and grippy. This is the replacement for the Reptilian Tyrant that I've been looking for!! It flies exactly like it.

The point and shoot FH speed 7 fairway has been a tough slot to fill. This disc is so money for the straight to fade placement FH appeoach shot that is a staple of my game from 200'-250'

Plus the stamp is really, really cool. I'm so happy!!

I'm a relative novice at this point, but man I love my Star Eagle... especially for throwing hard forehands.... any release angle. They just fly and work.

I'm going to pick up another Star that is lighter and one in the DX plastic. Great discs that have stood the test of time.

Be nice to see a side-by-side wing comparison to verify they are the same.

I have a Star EX and a DX EL. Love to have a Star or champ EL, if the Exodous is really that.

The Exodus is not an Eagle L. It may be based up on the same design but I own a Star Eagle L and an S-Line Exodus and they are not the same. Also, if you go to the PDGA page and look them up they have different measurements.

The Exodus is not an Eagle L. It may be based up on the same design but I own a Star Eagle L and an S-Line Exodus and they are not the same. Also, if you go to the PDGA page and look them up they have different measurements.

Thanks for the clarification. If you get time, post a pic of the wings next to each other. Also, how do they fly compared to each other?

From what I recall seeing the star EL's are few and far between and all were fairly beefy for EL's. I'd bet your Exodus looks more like an old champ EL than your star EL does.

Can we get a pic like this for the Eagle-L and Exodus?

attachment.php

I don't have an Eagle-L but I have an Exodus and an Eagle-X. Could take a pic.

Yes, please

It's going to be the same as the comparison pic of the Eagle-L vs. Eagle-X, accounting for PLH. The Exodus is the L, I think in the original listing for the disc on infinite it even outright said it was the mold. Take a look at the Exodus thread here:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129832

I think the difference between the Exodus and the L that people perceive is that the runs of Exodus turned out super domey/pop topped, which makes it feel different in the hand than older L mold eagles. I've had L's, and a couple Exodus, and they're definitely the same wing.

Can't figure out how to embed but here is an imgur. Exodus on L and Eagle-X on R.

https://imgur.com/a/N6LOg8W

The Exodus I have is the Scott Withers Swirly S blend and it isn't domey at all. Its pretty neutral on the flatness.

Last edited: