• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Easiest Highspeed Disc to Throw

coldsweat

Birdie Member
So I know I am supposed to disc down to get better, and I have every intention of doing that. In fact with the exception of the daredevil timberwolf and a beat pro leopard my entire bag this season will be mids and putters. That said....

What would the easiest to throw warp speed driver be? The most noob friendly if you will. For those days when nothing is going right and you just need to outdrive someone you are playing with. Even if they are just throwing teebirds and you need to huk a fast one. Would it be the innova tern, the gateway ninja (i know it is not legal), the vibram lace, maybe something in blizzard or starlight or AIR type plastic, possibly something I have never heard of? I won't make a pull cause I am not going to pretend like I know what everything out there is.

TL;DR: What is the easiest to throw/most noob friendly warp speed driver?

Not warp speed but Roadrunners can be a good distance disc for newer players or people with less power.

You're not going to outdrive someone just by going to a high speed driver. The reason to leave this at home until you can reach a certain distance is that you're going to have better distance potential with the lower speed discs.

If you want effortless distance for a beginner, try a P-PD

Not warp speed but Roadrunners can be a good distance disc for newer players or people with less power.

Agreed. I threw RR's a lot for a while.. but my friend throws a Mamba and doesn't have a huge arm. Averages bout 330' with it.. he can't BH any thing else that far.

Tbh I don't really think I even plan on going and buying one. It was more curiosity than anything else. No one really ever discussed what the easiest to throw warp speed was. I mean some discs are just easier to get up to speeds than others and I found it interesting. The prodigy's maybe? I haven't really thrown any of them, just destroyers before I knew what I was doing.

depends on your form. if you just lack the power to get most drivers up to speed, choose something understable like a mamba. if you are forcing things over... time to practice technique. there's not much else that can help you.

No one really ever discussed what the easiest to throw warp speed was.
That's because there isn't an 'easy' warp speed to throw CORRECTLY. Anyone can throw a warp speed disc. Throwing it so that it flies as it should is a completely different thing.

As mentioned, just because it's a fast disc doesn't mean that you're going to "outdrive someone you are playing with". It takes good form and technique to get a higher speed disc to fly well without imparting unnecessary torque or trying to throw with all your might (which both wiill negatively impact both the flight of the disc, as well as your form). Stick with lower speed discs, maybe in lighter weights, that have a tendency to be stable to understable for now, and with practice you'll find that you're outdriving those that play with the higher speed stuff but just don't know how to throw it.

My vote is for a lightweight Teebird or RR.

The Bolt is super easy for almost anyone to throw, the Nuke SS, Avenger SS.
If you really wanna 'out drive' and impress the hell outta somebody, do it with a Condor.

Interesting that folks aren't jumping in with blizzard this or that. Has blizzard not turned out to be the secret to distance that some were claiming?

Interesting that folks aren't jumping in with blizzard this or that. Has blizzard not turned out to be the secret to distance that some were claiming?

I bought an Halo Opto Air just for kicks to see how much I could add in distance... the conclusion... nothing. When averaging out every throw, I think it was the same, if not less than my Rampage / Cannons. Maybe its an technique in its own to be able to throw blizz-plastics far that I dont possess... For me at least, it didnt make a difference :)

And the margin for error was what i felt, much bigger when throwing the Halo Air... but then again, that could have been lack of blizz-technique.

Some of the blizzard discs have plh so low they dont even look like the actual mold. They vary consiserably.

My vote would go for the Tern, but only if you're capable of throwing smoothly. Someone else brought up the Teebird, and while it's not warp speed by any stretch of the imagination, it's a great disc to have in your bag. Just don't make the mistake I did and buy it in Champion plastic. Buy a Star TL, or a DX Teebird, and you'll have a solid performer.