• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Easiest Highspeed Disc to Throw

personally i think the bolt and katana are the "easiest" of the high speed discs to throw. nukes are up there also.

i say have fun throwing whatever you want, if you want to throw for real D youll have to learn form at some point anyway. if you were getting into basketball i wouldnt tell you to practice form on a nerf hoop for 3 years before you can pick up a real ball so...

WEIGHT is the key...get a disc that is 165. and make sure it is flippy! say vulcanish...

don't get any discs max weight...except putters.

if you were getting into basketball i wouldnt tell you to practice form on a nerf hoop for 3 years before you can pick up a real ball so...

Apples to oranges man.

Slower discs can be used in actual play.....show up at pick-up basketball game with a nerf ball and prepare for laughter.

Last edited:
You could try a Krait in Blizzard Plastic, the 150-159 ones are easy on the arm, but give a great stable drive and even hold up in wind fairly well. Unless you let go early or grip lock it, it's hard to throw a really bad shot with one.

Apples to oranges man.

Slower discs can be used in actual play.....show up at pick-up basketball game with a nerf ball and prepare for laughter.

its a stretch, but i was using hyperbole so that was the point. no one is showing up at a distance driving competition with a leopard without hearing a few giggles either.

its a stretch, but i was using hyperbole so that was the point. no one is showing up at a distance driving competition with a leopard without hearing a few giggles either.

Are you showing up to a distance competition?

I can promise you, that the approach of "easy distance" doesnt lend itself to winning those.

You dont learn to drive in a funny car dragster.

As a noob myself, and noodle-armed, weight seems to be a big factor. My best distance by far has come from a 139g Blizzard Katana and a 146g Starlite RR. Next best is a 162g DX Viking.

I did some test throws yesterday with my three Vikings. There was a significant difference between the 162g DX and the other two, a 172g Dx and a Champ that is somewhere around 170-172. I also was comparing my DX Teebird with my Champ, both 150g. The DX was better, but both were giving a bit better distance than the lighter Viking. (Most of this was FH.)

So now I am shopping for a 150g or lighter DX Viking, and also for a Valkyrie in the same weight range...maybe in Starlite.

Oh, and my accuracy is not bad at all with all three drivers. As long as I am throwing FH, anyway.

has anyone actually answered the question? "most comfortable warp speed driver to get up to speed and distance" a question out of curiosity shouldn't be riddled with comments about form. of course form is of the upmost importance. without it who cares what you're throwing? but the question wasn't about form.

...my vote is the "trespass" or "force" (of course if you have awful form.... : )

Valkyrie. Not a big rim but a great disc to learn hyzer flips and easy distance. I recommend champion plastic. Great disc

Get an Air Bolt and learn how to release with a slight hyzer (or learn to love the turn & burn). You will get great distance, but only if you throw it right.

There is no magic disc. I've tried to find one, it ain't being made yet (but the Swedes are working on "perpetual glide technology").

I've been out throwing a few of the guys I play with latley with my River and Vision. They aren't warp speed discs but if you have the right form and don't try to power them, just throw clean with a hyzer and both of these go forever.

Star Vulcan (13 speed) - get one in the low 160 weights.

Toss it with hyzer and it should flip flat and fly straight.

I believe the thread was about the "Easiest High Speed Disc to Throw".

Easy being that just about anyone can pick it up and throw it fairly well.

Just about any warp speed understable disc fits this description.

IMO, the best would be:
Bolt - my original vote earlier in this thread. Get a light one. Almost too easy to get distance with it.
Lace - it would be my pick, but you have to release it flat. Some people can't seem to do this.
Blizzard Katana in the 150s
Vulcan - again, get a light one
Nuke SS

etc. etc. etc.

Bolt, Krait, or a Pro Wraith would be good starting points.

The disc that clicked with me and is still my furthest flygin disc to date is a hot pink 168g FLX Surge SS. I have other FLX Surge SS's that just don't seem to go like this one.

It's all about personal experimentation, you can sit on here all day and research discs and listen to what others say but it won't be as valuable as an hour out in the field.

Latest posts