• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Easiest Highspeed Disc to Throw

LACE
End thread

Seriously, it is an amazing disc for all skill levels. I would reccomend it, especially the lighter ones, to any player, of any skill level, with a clean conscience. It does have a big rim, but whether it is the rubber material or the way it is slanted, it feels much smaller. Higher power players find it too be a bit flippy (yes, I finally am to the point where Ai can agree with that!) Which is actually good for newer players who don't have quite the snap to get a disc going at super speed.

Trust me, a Lace will do you right. Get a good, clean pull and watch that baby go! It also has way more glide than any other Vibram disc which will also serve you well. You will see good results from it, and as your skills improve you will just find it going farther and farther for you. Plus its a great value, because Vibram drivers never really wear out.

Another thing to the OP: I caution you not to "disc down" (the way that phrase is used in these forums is technically incorrect but that's an entirely different discussion) too much. If you are asking this question, it means you are already getting frustrated with progression. I would not go a whole year with just mids and putters. Keep a neutral or understable Fairway driver in your bag for those holes that you just cant reach with a mid (Leopard is a great choice since you already have one...or even better, an Underworld and a Patriot!) It wont affect your progress like some say. I bet by the end of the season you'll be stretching that Leo out well past 300 feet, even if you don't use it that much.

Try searching for a local club too. If you play league or doubles or whatever its a great place to get live, in-person advice and to try new discs. Hey, someone might even have a Lace for you to try!

Not the Lace

I'd love to say I agree with Andy on that one... but the Lace is not for me. I'm not that big of a thrower, I can throw 300 feet on a really good day... but with the Lace it either flips up early, or it crashes hard as a meat hook. No consistency. I had my worst round of dg with it ever at the latest Vibram Birdie Bash. I ended up being the loser of the losers.

Perhaps it was just a bad day.

For me, a Krait is the best all around high speed driver... if everybody can agree that speed 11 is high speed.

Blizzard Wraith is the easiest high speed disc I've thrown, but I'm too much of a newb for my vote to count. I don't throw anything bigger than a Teebird on a real course.

The Trak is a great choice for easy to throw distance in my opinion, though.

Well I believe anything innova says, so I am going with the Thorton!! Oh d@** it made it into another thread. But my honest opinion is a blizzard wraith

O
I'd love to say I agree with Andy on that one... but the Lace is not for me. I'm not that big of a thrower, I can throw 300 feet on a really good day... but with the Lace it either flips up early, or it crashes hard as a meat hook. No consistency. I had my worst round of dg with it ever at the latest Vibram Birdie Bash. I ended up being the loser of the losers.

Perhaps it was just a bad day.

For me, a Krait is the best all around high speed driver... if everybody can agree that speed 11 is high speed.

I will say this: the Lace is the ONLY Vibram disc I would say has consistency issues...but they are very minor. It could have been a bad day, but it's more likely the disc just didn't click with you. Everyone has their own style. Its not your fault or Vibrams fault, just how it goes sometimes. That's why I always suggest "try before you
Buy" and the Birdie Bash is a great, cheap way to try something.

I also love Kraits. You're right that they are super easy to throw. The first time I cracked 330 feet with a true golf shot was with a Krait, and I was only throwing about 300 at the time. So I agree with that suggestion as well. I just recently (as in the last four days) took out the Kraits in favor of Saints. I found I could get the same shots with the two discs, mostly because of the Saints superior glide (for the record, the Krait has really good glide for an Innova disc) but I WOULD NOT call the Saints begginer-friendly. I only unlocked their potential when I fixed my troublesome nose angle issues.

To touch on the above post, if you can find a krait in star plastic (I have a halloween one) it is smooth smooth. Has nice glide and a very controllable flight.

O
To touch on the above post, if you can find a krait in star plastic (I have a halloween one) it is smooth smooth. Has nice glide and a very controllable flight.

Oh yes....those things are MONEY! I sold mine because the black was to hard to find...hopefully they come out with some production Star Kraits...

^ I had a Black Star Krait with a pumpkin logo on it and lost it.

After a few years of playing and trying to throw high speed drivers I recently decided that I wasn't going to throw anything faster than a 9 speed with the exception of a Wraith for open field max D shots.

I think a Sidewinder or Saint are excellent choices for drivers and are way more reliable than anything faster.

Blizzard Wraith is the easiest high speed disc I've thrown, but I'm too much of a newb for my vote to count. I don't throw anything bigger than a Teebird on a real course.

The Trak is a great choice for easy to throw distance in my opinion, though.

Don't worry about your newb status, you're right. The Bliz Wraith is an awesome easy high speed disc. For beginner players, it should be a relatively straight flying disc. And for more experienced players, it can provide some huge s-curves. It definitely isn't thrown often, but when I get a good long open hole, or an uphill hole, my choice is the Bliz Wraith.

By the way, I have a 150 g. However, I'm curious as to how differently a 138 g would fly, since all the blizzard discs float under 140.

None. All warp speeders are nose sensitive, which makes them all hard to throw.
General rule is less stable for newbs, overstable for pros, so pick something from the right side of the flight chart if you just gotta have it to say you do.
King, Vulcan, Katana, Nuke SS, Diamond and the likes, but the better answer is to get a Star Wraith and learn it.

Personally I throw a blz boss if it's straight or dog legged left... but if there is ANY wind i expect it to go wherever it feels like going.

My go to was an older champion beast... oh how I miss that disc. It was 175g and went wherever it was pointed with some finesse.

The best advice I could give you is to try out your friends discs if they will let you, you never know they may want the one that has been collecting dust in your bag in trade for one of theirs.

To the OP: do you have a local shop nearby? Most DG shops are pretty trustworthy if you come in and ask for advice. Some might even have some throwers for you to try. Or, at the very least, a used bin you can try. Its not bad to have a high-speed driver in the bag, if, for nothing else, to mess around with during field practice.. use fairways as your workhorse for awhile. I think you'll find (as I did after years of playing) that you'lll be throwing them more often anyway. I bag a lot of distance drivers, but my Saints and lower get much more work for sure.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread, hopefully you get to try a bunch out and find one that works for what you need.

I like heavier Blizz Katanas or lighter Mambas for easy big D. They'll land in the same neighborhood for me but in the air the Mamba often scares me into thinking it is going to turn forever, but it (almost) always comes back.

Latest posts