• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

It actually wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't make Electron drivers. Maybe just the Volt. The plastic is not going to hold up at all in the woods. I remember my TM2 Vision has many scrapes on it, and it got a couple of big warped spots on the rim. And I play courses with very few trees. Electron is more suited to putters and mids for sure, but it would still be awesome if they at least did one or two drivers in it.

Maybe Axiom will be more adventurous and give us more of the plastic options. An Electron Clash, or Inspire would be insane.

MVP Disc Sports is pleased to announce the PDGA Approval of a neutral-flying putt & approach called the Atom. This marks the fourth mold of the Envy-based 10mm class, and will debut in Electron plastic. Check out our Disc DNA™ Profiles for comparison.

Alright so I'm a little confused. The blue ones are Atoms and are now PDGA approved, right? Are the non-blues officially called Protos? And are/will they be PDGA approved?

They are not approved yet, but it's a lock that they will be.

It actually wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't make Electron drivers. Maybe just the Volt. The plastic is not going to hold up at all in the woods. I remember my TM2 Vision has many scrapes on it, and it got a couple of big warped spots on the rim. And I play courses with very few trees. Electron is more suited to putters and mids for sure, but it would still be awesome if they at least did one or two drivers in it.

Maybe Axiom will be more adventurous and give us more of the plastic options. An Electron Clash, or Inspire would be insane.

A stable-to-overstable mold like the Volt is perfect for baseline, though. The whole point is for it to wear in. A TM2 Vision was too flippy to begin with from a practical standpoint.

Just look at how much people love DX Teebirds. A baseline Volt would be in that same boat.

For drivers it wouldn't surprise me at all if a year from now this electron plastic gets tweaked into a gstar type material. Everyone else is doing it.

A stable-to-overstable mold like the Volt is perfect for baseline, though. The whole point is for it to wear in. A TM2 Vision was too flippy to begin with from a practical standpoint.

Just look at how much people love DX Teebirds. A baseline Volt would be in that same boat.

This stuff doesn't feel as durable as DX but maybe I'm wrong.

Do a lot of people still love dx birds these days? They have such a short life Ifyou play in the woods.

They have probably already molded the Volt in Electron. Just from feeling it, and putting with it, I know that Electron is softer and more rubbery than DX. But that might help against tree blows...I'm not sure.

I'd love a Resistor and Envy in Electron too. Heck, just make them ALL Electron. :D

I feel like this stuff is great for putters but I don't think I'd want it in a driver unless they tweaked it. Like how gateway's base drivers are different from their putters. I'm guessing a volt in current electron would last exactly one tree hit.

It is fantastic for putting though. Three rounds and a bunch of practice putting and mine don't look any worse than a soft wizard would look. Just some small dings and dents from hitting metal.

And you guys keep saying you want existing molds in electron. Didn't they previously say they can't do that?

They did say that the current molds would not mold up the same in baseline. So some tweaking would be required.

They did say that the current molds would not mold up the same in baseline. So some tweaking would be required.

Just wait, reading comprehension will show its ugly head soon enough.

This just in: I may have been trippin' about some of the blues not being Atom protos

Aim, I have never seent a blue in person :(
And now that the news is out I have no intel to trade ZJ for one :(
But I hope I get Atoms soon :)
:)

I win!!!! Thank you DT world. XOXOXOXOX

20141206_145310.jpg

not sure. I have a magic in the practice basket I might compare it to but id like to throw these on nice fluffy grass not ice lol.

not sure. I have a magic in the practice basket I might compare it to but id like to throw these on nice fluffy grass not ice lol.

I volunteer as tribute. Send them my way and I will provide video/audio/psychological/neurological analysis. Or I might throw them a couple times and fall in love.

This is what keeps going through my head as people ask for their favorite existing molds.

A Volt, barely tweaked into a new mold that can accomodate it for baseline, is still going to be a Volt. Look at Champ Leo's and DX Leo's. They really don't fly alike at all. But they're still both Leo's.