• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Elite X Nuke

i'm glad both companies are expanding their lines to include more discs in X and pro plastic. personally, i like Z or champ for overstable drivers and pro/X or dx for neutral or understable drivers.

great grip, great glide. premium plastic is generally overrated if you have any semblance of accuracy and don't play only wooded or rocky courses. IMO

Do you guys think they will produce the new Hornet in ESP for regular production? All I have seen them mention is Z.

I like discs in X though, to. They just dont make the right ones for me in X. Would love to have my Preds in Z, ESP and then some stages of ware of X.

I don't know if they will make regular production but the newsletter from Dynamic Discs stated that they had ESP Hornets available for a limited time. Also, aren't the ace race versions of it ESP?

Anyone else get to throw these yet? I took one out and tried it and it was a lot more understable than my Z Nuke. This was on the first throw and it burned out. I Had a buddy throw it right after a tee shot with a Z Nuke and he turned it over as well. I did park a hole with it on the third throw with more hyzer but it went out over the street on the right and skipped back in bounds after slowing down.

I am not giving up on it yet, I just need to take some time and figure out how it likes to be handled.

I got one but havent thrown it yet. Dont really have any business throwing a Z Nuke but I have it to test in field work and work on getting the nose down.

I probably don't need to be throwing nukes either but they sure do go far. They are kind of a gamblers disc for me. You take a chance when you throw them but they can pay off with dueces.

Anyone else get to throw these yet? I took one out and tried it and it was a lot more understable than my Z Nuke. This was on the first throw and it burned out. I Had a buddy throw it right after a tee shot with a Z Nuke and he turned it over as well. I did park a hole with it on the third throw with more hyzer but it went out over the street on the right and skipped back in bounds after slowing down.

I am not giving up on it yet, I just need to take some time and figure out how it likes to be handled.

I would hope it's more understable, seeing as since Z Nukes aren't understable as is.

Nuke Plus I think is just a TFR disc for Discraft, I wish it was a regular production disc.

Anybody got any of those Sparkle Z Nuke Plus's they wanna sell, I need some.

I would hope it's more understable, seeing as since Z Nukes aren't understable as is.

Z Nukes are pretty understable. They are hyzerflip distance drivers. I throw them close to flat (Still hyzer), but imagine having to put them on a hyzer at sea level.

The X Nukes are understable, but they go. With that being said, it takes some hyzer to really max its potential. Like any fast driver, its not for every shot, I don't throw mine much, but flies like more like pro katana, which is what I was hoping for. I would like to throw some of the beaded nukes.

Z Nukes are pretty understable. They are hyzerflip distance drivers. I throw them close to flat (Still hyzer), but imagine having to put them on a hyzer at sea level.

I'm having good results throwing it forehand on high anny flex lines.
The one thing I'm finding out about this disc is it likes to have ALOT of air underneath it. The higher I throw it the farther it goes. Where other discs would stall out,it just keeps gliding forward.

What I dont like is this new Z plastic is too soft :thmbdown: , and my new purple disc got alot less stable with only a couple of tree hits. :mad:

Its not the same tough Z plastic of yore.
I fear that the good Elite Z plastic has gone the way of the old C.E., and now I'm stuck with this cheap imitation stuff.

It's like eatin' delicious sweet smokey glazed honey ham for years and years, then somebody gives you a can of Spam. :|

Slightly off topic but isn't the z for the nukes a different blend to keep it lighter so they could mold the disc in a wider weight range
Perhaps those weighting agents made the z plastic harder
Is this soft z something you have noticed in other discs such as a hornet for example
And I used hornet because that would be one of die crafts newest discs so most recent version of z

SUPER NECRO BUMP.

i have been on a quest. a quest for a high speed driver that flies similar to my patriot.

for kicks and giggles, i snatched a SUPER domed up x nuke, 170-172g, and took it to a local soccer field. ummmmm . . . whoah. i had the longest drive of my life by a long shot, from behind one goal and way over the other. easily over 400; i paced it off from the end of the field on the opposite side and got 20 paces. measured my pace at home and it's a couple inches over 3 feet. so i'm guessing about 430 feet. usually i'm happy throwing about 330' with my patriot/rival, 360' with my OLF and this disc gets me at least that far every single time. seeing quite a few easier long par 3's in my future.

thing goes BOOM. it fades back at the end, but hopefully a good tree whack will take care of that so i can hyzerflip it to flat forever.

SUPER NECRO BUMP.

i have been on a quest. a quest for a high speed driver that flies similar to my patriot.

for kicks and giggles, i snatched a SUPER domed up x nuke, 170-172g, and took it to a local soccer field. ummmmm . . . whoah. i had the longest drive of my life by a long shot, from behind one goal and way over the other. easily over 400; i paced it off from the end of the field on the opposite side and got 20 paces. measured my pace at home and it's a couple inches over 3 feet. so i'm guessing about 430 feet. usually i'm happy throwing about 330' with my patriot/rival, 360' with my OLF and this disc gets me at least that far every single time. seeing quite a few easier long par 3's in my future.

thing goes BOOM. it fades back at the end, but hopefully a good tree whack will take care of that so i can hyzerflip it to flat forever.

Silly kodachrome...looking for a max distance driver and comparing to a patriot...I was dumb. I like going back to read these posts and laugh. What a difference a year makes.

Will have to report on how my newest purchase, this lovely pearly blue x nuke, flies. I have a feeling it will be going a lot longer than 430' this time around. Gggt has sleeves upon sleeves upon sleeve of x out x nukes. Like several racks full of them.

The x nuke i have is the most understable disc i own. Awesome for woods, quick to get down rollers, and massive turnovers

The x nuke i have is the most understable disc i own. Awesome for woods, quick to get down rollers, and massive turnovers

hopefully this won't be too understable. i'm more hoping for a max d bomber. i cherry picked a higher PLH but for the most part they're pretty low.