• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Episode 2: Dave Feldberg's Disc Golf an Honest Take

Silver Rider

*Still Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
These videos Infinite and Feldberg are putting out are incredible! Test throwing all the new stuff and reviewing all the different classes of discs by most of the companies, we need more of this please. :clap:

Lets all subscribe and support this.

I like the flat top putter/approach discs. In fact, I putt with them too (I use a Rat, but that is because I like the plastic, the Harp and Zone feel the same in my hand). I hope Dave comes back and does a less stable version of this presentation. There are almost no understable versions of the flat top approach discs. The Lat Spike being the only one I know of. It is very understable and I wish it came in a high grade plastic. That said, Infinite has a flat top stable approach disc called the Tomb. It is flat out my favorite approach disc. It is rated 3 4 0 1, and it delivers. It stays straight with a fade at the end, but not a hard one. If you get good snap on it, it will stay pretty straight with almost no fade. If you are not a massive arm, and you want something like a Zone or a Harp, but find they dump too fast for you, this disc might work for you. Note, for me, the I version dumps more like a Zone, and I prefer the S version. It is quite nice and surprisingly comfy in my hand.

I love these videos. Great to finally get non-biased opinions. If you're not sponsored (as much of us aren't) there's no reason to not throw a mixed bag with the BEST discs for each brand.

He was throwing those shots on Hole 7 of Grand Central Station in Central, SC. Probably the best course in the Upstate of SC IMO.

I like the flat top putter/approach discs. In fact, I putt with them too (I use a Rat, but that is because I like the plastic, the Harp and Zone feel the same in my hand). I hope Dave comes back and does a less stable version of this presentation. There are almost no understable versions of the flat top approach discs. The Lat Spike being the only one I know of. It is very understable and I wish it came in a high grade plastic. That said, Infinite has a flat top stable approach disc called the Tomb. It is flat out my favorite approach disc. It is rated 3 4 0 1, and it delivers. It stays straight with a fade at the end, but not a hard one. If you get good snap on it, it will stay pretty straight with almost no fade. If you are not a massive arm, and you want something like a Zone or a Harp, but find they dump too fast for you, this disc might work for you. Note, for me, the I version dumps more like a Zone, and I prefer the S version. It is quite nice and surprisingly comfy in my hand.

Atom. 3 3 0 1, perfectly flat and shallow.

Definitely like this one better than episode 1. It's one thing to watch someone sit in front of a tarp and talk about discs for 30 minutes. But it helps to see him actually throwing them. Nice touch.

Definitely like this one better than episode 1. It's one thing to watch someone sit in front of a tarp and talk about discs for 30 minutes. But it helps to see him actually throwing them. Nice touch.

agreed, the follow flight too.. this was a big upgrade from the last video

I notice most of these discs could fly a similar line and serve the same purpose in many cases, it makes you wonder how this many manufacturers will survive. Considering disc golf is growing at a steady rate according to PDGA growth numbers the past few years but disc manufacturing is growing proportionally faster it seems like they are outpacing the players. Now if we could get more quality courses...

wonder if someone could plot a graph of "Disc releases to Player growth ratio"

Great to finally get non-biased opinions.

Negative.
He's as biased as the next man, probably more so in this area (disc golf) because of his experience in the sport, but his biases are less obvious and not paid for...

I agree that this sort of material is refreshing and unusual compared to the standard fare...

Shaman as well.

I like using premium plastic, the hard plastics they use feel awful in my hand. Honestly, I like the build of the Chief better.

That said:

There have been several discs listed in the 3 4 0 1 range that are flat top, Tomb, Atom, Shaman. Does anyone know something that is 3 4/3 -1 1 that is shallow and flat top? Besides the spike, that is.

Last edited:
Negative.
He's as biased as the next man, probably more so in this area (disc golf) because of his experience in the sport, but his biases are less obvious and not paid for...

I agree that this sort of material is refreshing and unusual compared to the standard fare...

Actually, he's showing some Infinite bias, but at least he's going across a wide range of discs. By bias, I mean he's covering them, when they are still niche at best. He doesn't get every niche player, but he is getting infinite. But if he didn't I'd think he was loopy.

I like using premium plastic, the hard plastics they use feel awful in my hand. Honestly, I like the build of the Chief better.

That said:

There have been several discs listed in the 3 4 0 1 range that are flat top, Tomb, Atom, Shaman. Does anyone know something that is 3 4/3 -1 1 that is shallow and flat top? Besides the spike, that is.

Pure or Proxy.

He was throwing those shots on Hole 7 of Grand Central Station in Central, SC. Probably the best course in the Upstate of SC IMO.

Really interesting course. They did a great job considering how flat it is there, compared to crazier terrain like Pipeline. I would definitely hit that course again. :)

That said:

BT hard, medium or soft Maiden (westside discs) if putter plastic is ok, otherwise maybe a deputy (should try a spike though, like them although I hate these stupid grip areas)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930T mit Tapatalk