• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European DG Championship Aug 11-14

Good to hear Simon and Jussi on the coverage. Simon has obvi been spending a lot of time stateside; he sounds like he's been taking diction lessons from Brinster.

Good to hear Simon and Jussi on the coverage. Simon has obvi been spending a lot of time stateside; he sounds like he's been taking diction lessons from Brinster.

As the commentary goes on, Simon sounds more and more like Jussi.

Performance Tracks

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• EDGF2021MPO.png
    EDGF2021MPO.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 150
  • EDGF2021FPO.png
    EDGF2021FPO.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 141
Just now getting around to watching the final round. Surprised to see Simon get spanked so bad. Every round he shot a worse rating, and pretty much everybody who beat him shot above their rating.

I know he probably didn't get in nearly as much practice as other players, but to say it's his favorite course and not even make the lead card final round just hurts.

I was surprised to see the payout was approximately $1800 USD for being the European Championship. With it being viewed more seriously over there and not a tie dyed wearing hippie fringe sport like it is here I think I would've expected the winner to take home more than that.

I know everybody is excited about seeing the European women giving Paige a run for her money next season, but I'm wondering if this new European tour will make it so a US trip is difficult to plan?

The whole point of a tour is to have incentive for players to play as many of the events as possible. The top 32 or however many make the DGPT championships, which has a hefty payout. A multi week US trip might be tough to swing if it means missing a couple of tour stops at home. Hopefully there is some coordination so neither steps on the others toes.

I know he probably didn't get in nearly as much practice as other players, but to say it's his favorite course and not even make the lead card final round just hurts.

Simon seems like the kind of guy to say "It's my favorite course" 3-4 times per year. Not a critique of him; I'm pointing out that his personality is that way.

Eveliina... yikes. Painful to watch.

Yes, strange.

R2 from Eveliina was one of the best rounds i have ever seen from a FPO player. . .R4 was one of the worst.
16!! throws worse in R4 than R2.....thats just wierd.

While some other thread might do better for a prolonged discussion about this...

I dont wanna say it, but I feel like Simon is not going to win anything big anymore. He's got such natural talent that he can ride on that for years to come, but never going to beat the best in the game.

Things looked so much different when he and Eagle got into the pre season boot camp thing and both raised their level. Only Eagle seems to have kept it. I know, injuries and all, but it is what it is.

While some other thread might do better for a prolonged discussion about this...

I dont wanna say it, but I feel like Simon is not going to win anything big anymore. He's got such natural talent that he can ride on that for years to come, but never going to beat the best in the game.

Things looked so much different when he and Eagle got into the pre season boot camp thing and both raised their level. Only Eagle seems to have kept it. I know, injuries and all, but it is what it is.

The fight at the top i so hard at the moment that all the "greats" of a few years back is going to have a hard time geting a big win.
The years that had ONE guy win +7 tournament in a year is in the past. . a least that what it feel like.
Even Paul an Ricky struggles to get a few wins a year nowadays.

Simon should have done better in a all European field. .

The DD players did not do well at this DD event. . .but they have not done well all year

Not looking great for Eveliina in the Finnish Champs. 33% C1x. A five-putt green in there (1c2 and four from c1)...

However Oskari Vikström was putting for birdie on the #11 par four. Took a nine. Mull on that for a while.

Not looking great for Eveliina in the Finnish Champs. 33% C1x. A five-putt green in there (1c2 and four from c1)...

However Oskari Vikström was putting for birdie on the #11 par four. Took a nine. Mull on that for a while.

So wierd that Eveliina totaly lost her putt on the green of hole 18 i R3 of the European open. . .was fine up untill then....after that her putt has been at a beginner level.

So wierd that Eveliina totaly lost her putt on the green of hole 18 i R3 of the European open. . .was fine up untill then....after that her putt has been at a beginner level.

Beginner level might be generous. :\ I had to pause the coverage and take a few putts here and there to make sure it wasn't contagious.

I'll tell you what though, her temperament was impressive. She seemed to have kept smiling throughout, which I'm sure her cardmates appreciated.

And ES's putting woes continue at Finnish Nationals. But Henna takes advantage with a 5 stroke lead through 2

Attachments

• DEEEDC8E-D31E-49BA-B8B5-EF154BC10671.jpg
    DEEEDC8E-D31E-49BA-B8B5-EF154BC10671.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts