• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever seen a teepad like this?

agent_peebody

* Ace Member *
This pad was just put in this week at Rogers Lakewood in Valparaiso, IN. On the pad, there is an overview of the hole like you'd see on a sign. Have you seen anything like this before?

This pad was just put in this week at Rogers Lakewood in Valparaiso, IN. On the pad, there is an overview of the hole like you'd see on a sign. Have you seen anything like this before?

That's a sweet t-pad! I think I've seen pics of other brick tees, but not with the map in it. Seems like the brick would be cheaper than cement ones too.

That pretty cool looking. I like the idea with the bricks. Mine at my home course are painted on but now the paint has faded badly due to people driving off them.

i'm not 100% sure that it's actually supposed to be like the hole layout, because i haven't talked to the guy who did it yet, but it's damn close to how the hole lays out.

bquick: most of the teepads at Rogers Lakewood are brick surrounded by concrete and framed with wood. the pics on this site aren't up to date, which i plan on doing something about.

that is pretty cool ive never seen something like that before. the course closest to my house has CEMENT teepads with big stones (limestone maybe?) next to the teepad with a map painted over them. its kinda neat ill have to get a pic next time i play

I don't have a picture of it, but at Windwood Church, a very nice course here in Houston, a local guy built some molds, kind of like a model railroad layout with out the train tracks, and made models of each hole and put them next to the tee pad. I wish I had some pics, and I will try to take some the next time I am out there.

well, that's different. i like it. makes it nice and easy to remember which way the fairway goes when you're standing on the map! :D

I don't have a picture of it, but at Windwood Church, a very nice course here in Houston, a local guy built some molds, kind of like a model railroad layout with out the train tracks, and made models of each hole and put them next to the tee pad. I wish I had some pics, and I will try to take some the next time I am out there.

lol thats what im talking about in the post right above you, i live 5 min from windwood...im gonna try to get out there again tomorrow and snap a few pics while i play

I haven't seen anything like those. The Woodland Valley courses in Maine have some sweet paver tees, but not with any built in maps. I really like the rubber tees at Shawnee State Park in PA. They have the length & par plus a very basic map of the hole on them.

picture.php

The only brick tee pads I've played on weren't too good because the bricks were settling and were all uneven. :thmbdown:

The only brick tee pads I've played on weren't too good because the bricks were settling and were all uneven. :thmbdown:

they did it wrong. we put sand, gravel, sand, and i think they put a layer of plywood in there somewhere for our brick ones.

Those look awesome. I like well laid brick tees, and it's even cooler to have that hole layout inlaid. Looks like a lot of work.

Any time, especially if they get tees like that for all the holes out there.