• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever walked off the course before?

Were you the one at lakewood while the league was doing ctp?

i wasn't there, myself. There had been talk amongst league-goers.

I should clarify my earlier post, too. I'll walk off on casual rounds.

NEVER a league or bag tag or tournament round unless it's a health or safety issue or something seriously important.

I was not or at least I don't think so. I was out with my wife and cut off by a group as we approached our next tee. We proceeded to catch them each hole but never allowed through. After some long waits we called it quits!. I would have more understanding if they rented out the course or if they continue as is, yielding to existing groups 10-12 holes into their rounds. Maybe I have just caught the wrong groups? :) nonetheless I will be getting there well before 9 moving forward!

Last edited:
I was not or at least I don't think so. I was out with my wife and cut off by a group as we approached our next tee. We proceeded to catch them each hole but never allowed through. After some long waits we called it quits!. I would have more understanding if they rented out the course or if they continue as is, yielding to existing groups 10-12 holes into their rounds. Maybe I have just caught the wrong groups? :) nonetheless I will be getting there well before 9 moving forward!

Well if you weren't at lakewood hills then it wasn't the eastside league.

If you ever have issues with the eastside throwdown league, lemme know and I'll have a chat with the league director.

/thread drift.

Yes. I ate McDonald's before a round at Lincoln Ridge. Was on the far end of the course. Stomach started hurting. Slipped down a hill on hole 15 or 16. You can figure out the rest.

I'm with the guys who have no problem walking away from casual rounds. Most commonly, it's after I started an ill-advised (usually 2nd) round when I should have eaten lunch or gone home for other obligations.

The most entertaining times have been after losing discs:
1) Disc goes splash
2) I deliberate as to whether I'm willing to leave the disc
3) I go splash
4) I'd rather just head home to shower than play the rest of the course soggy

If I'm having a bad casual round I usually just pick one disc out of my bag and use it on every shot the rest of the round and try different shots and lines I normally wouldn't use. It has taught me alot about some flaws in my game.

If I'm having a bad casual round I usually just pick one disc out of my bag and use it on every shot the rest of the round and try different shots and lines I normally wouldn't use. It has taught me alot about some flaws in my game.

This actually sounds like a great idea. :thmbup:

I walked off the course after my first (and only) ace. the rest of the round was average, so I called it quits after 8 and geeked out on my skills!!!

I thought of another one.

I tried to play an out of the way 9 hole. It looked like no one had thrown it in years. Saw 6 snakes before I putted out on 2. Decided to find another course.

I finished out the back nine of a course in a downpour and lightning when I probably should have just quit. To be fair, the lightning was still a few miles off, and I would have had to walk past all the baskets of the back nine to get to my car anyways. It was epic.

I most certainly have just surrendered on a round and left before, not often but it happens

The first round I ever played. I had one disc, and threw it into a tree. Had to quit on hole 8 of a nine hole course. Second time I played, threw my only disc into a pond on hole 8. Had to quit.

Quit once because of rain. Quit once because a very nasty dark stormfront was rolling in, and a minute after we got back to the car, we were pelted with quarter sized hail.

Quit once after throwing up on hole 14. I was at least able to get the to bushes instead of leaving my lunch in the middle of the fairway.

I have probably rage-quit 10 times.

Quit once because i thought i was going to have a heat stroke. I had a heat stroke before once. I don't find them funny. On a 97 degree day, with heat index around 103, I ran out of water and just quit.

I have finished every tournament I ever entered. BOTH of them. :D

It's a game. In the grand scheme of things, if I'm not having fun, there's no reason to continue, because I'm out there to have fun.

This; I haven't ever walked out on a tournament round, but I'll walk out on casual rounds when I'm just not feeling it. If I'm not enjoying the round and getting super frustrated, then why should I be out there?

Side note, did you end up signing up for the Red White and Booom?

Quit a round once when my hip made an audible "pop" and I collapsed on the ground. I thought I had dislocated my hip and would have to crawl out in the snow. Fortunately it turned out to be "snapping iliotibial band syndrome" and I was able to walk out. Slowly.

The course plays next to a sledding hill, and I still remember getting strange looks from sledders as I hobbled out of the woods and down the hill. :eek:

Quit a round once when my hip made an audible "pop" and I collapsed on the ground. I thought I had dislocated my hip and would have to crawl out in the snow. Fortunately it turned out to be "snapping iliotibial band syndrome" and I was able to walk out. Slowly.

The course plays next to a sledding hill, and I still remember getting strange looks from sledders as I hobbled out of the woods and down the hill. :eek:

Ouch.

I had a buddy who's DG career significantly slowed down after his knee popped out of socket while throwing an upshot on some muddy terrain. Made me nervous for a while after hearing his tale...

Side note, did you end up signing up for the Red White and Booom?

Nope; between the cost to play ($110, and the player's pack isn't super enticing to me [side side note: why can't there be two costs to play? I'd gladly pay $45 to play with the player's pack as a Booom hat]), the drive (I'm not dropping the cash for a hotel) and how the other tournaments I want to play worked out, the RWB didn't really fit. Might get up that way to spectate though.

I've never walked off from a sanctioned round. I have walked away from a social league round when one of the people present was being insufferable. I drove a few miles across town to cool my head, and played a relaxing solo round on a different course.

Nope; between the cost to play ($110, and the player's pack isn't super enticing to me [side side note: why can't there be two costs to play? I'd gladly pay $45 to play with the player's pack as a Booom hat]), the drive (I'm not dropping the cash for a hotel) and how the other tournaments I want to play worked out, the RWB didn't really fit. Might get up that way to spectate though.

Same, the cost put me off a bit, though I'm going to JohnE McCray's and Drew Gibson's clinics that Friday before the event. Still plan to be part of the gallery though.