• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Evil Disc Eaters!

wow. didn't realize we had built-in censors here.

How about #17 (I think) ad De La? They took that hole out due to erosion problems but while it was there, it was a disc-eating monster!

The basket stood on a 45-degree slope that was nothing but hardpan. If your disc rolled, it generally rolled all the say to the bottom, maybe 100 yards, into a jungle of poison oak. Good luck pitching out - most people would just walk away.

Towne Lake in McKinney TX. Large stream comes into play on a few holes. Slight turnover shot and down a steep cliff and into the water with no hopes of getting it back. I know there is tons of plastic in that stream!

2 and 8. The kids fish it pretty regular and of course you never see it again

I don't think there are built in censors, I think that is Tim and Eric catching your language.
Maybe not that would have to be a quick catch. Let me try

Just kidding, I am not going to piss of the super moderators :)

Last edited:
I would have to say "locally" it would have to be Renaissance in Charlotte. LOTS of thorns/heavy brush (especially hole #13 on the original layout). I have spent more time here looking for my lost plastic than any other course in the area.

As far as all the courses I have played it would be Cliff Stephens Park down in Clearwater, FL. I only played it once and lost 2 discs within 5 minutes due to the H2O. They warn of Alligators so I wasnt going in for my coveted Star SL. I got misty-eyed when I saw that thing taking a nosedive straight into the lake.

Water is the easiest place to lose a disc but my vote goes to a course where water isn't the biggest problem. Riney B in Nicholasville KY! I've seen new players go in with 4 or 5 discs and come out with 1 (and not even finish all 24 holes). This place is thick. At a recent tourney in Sept there must have been 30 discs lost(one Open player lost 4). I've lost 5 discs in 5 years and 3 are there - One local player has lost over a dozen on hole #17. Check out the pics (I posted them) and look at what the edges of the fairway are like.

It may not have the most losses but definitely ranks way up there for losses without water being the issue.

Last edited:
It's that time of year again. The thorns are blooming, the water is calling for your discs, and the grass is growing into a disc hiding wall of green.

What are the absolute worst courses for losing discs?

Cliff. Stevens. Park.

My tip top favorite course out there, but damn is it unforgiving when its windy. When I visited my friend in Tampa the first time we played Cliff Stevens together and he lost everything in his bag except for his putters, then proceeded to borrow a teebird from me which he promptly lost. He refuses to this day to ever play the course again. The worst part is that the water looks tantalizingly shallow, but the water is boiling acid from hell. Just look at the bones in there!! I saw about 50 complete fish skeletons, a dozen storks, and half of an alligator, all perfectly preserved under the water. It was like a horror movie!

Creek Ridge in Michigan City, In.

In the summer, that course is neigh unplayable. ****Extremely**** thick once the foilage comes in (and decently thick even in the middle of winter), every single hole can swallow a disc in the shrubbery.

To make it worse, a nearby stream adds tons of hungry mosquitoes, and ticks and chiggers thrive off the fairway. So even if you WANT to try looking for an errant shot, the insects extract a high price from you.

I've personally witnessed three discs lost on three consecutive shots on #8, with everyone watching where the shots went and a group looking for well over a half-an-hour. :doh:

That said, it's an EXCELLENT winter course, especially with the tons of lake-effect snow it gets hit with..FUN! :)

I would have to say "locally" it would have to be Renaissance in Charlotte. LOTS of thorns/heavy brush (especially hole #13 on the original layout). I have spent more time here looking for my lost plastic than any other course in the area.

As far as all the courses I have played it would be Cliff Stephens Park down in Clearwater, FL. I only played it once and lost 2 discs within 5 minutes due to the H2O. They warn of Alligators so I wasnt going in for my coveted Star SL. I got misty-eyed when I saw that thing taking a nosedive straight into the lake.

Dang, I thought I posted on this thread from way back. I was gonna answer with the same course tonight: Renny! I almost totally forgot about Cliff Stephens though too.:doh:

I have lost several discs at Renny. Just one of the many reasons I try to avoid that place...:eek:

Luther Britt Park in Lumberton NC eats a lot of discs. The whole course surrounds a lake. Almost every hole has the oppertunity to lose a disc

I did not even play the island hole at Luther Britt, I was already soaking wet from jumping in the water and did not feel like going in again.

Creek Ridge in Michigan City, In.

In the summer, that course is neigh unplayable. ****Extremely**** thick once the foilage comes in (and decently thick even in the middle of winter), every single hole can swallow a disc in the shrubbery.

To make it worse, a nearby stream adds tons of hungry mosquitoes, and ticks and chiggers thrive off the fairway. So even if you WANT to try looking for an errant shot, the insects extract a high price from you.

I've personally witnessed three discs lost on three consecutive shots on #8, with everyone watching where the shots went and a group looking for well over a half-an-hour. :doh:

That said, it's an EXCELLENT winter course, especially with the tons of lake-effect snow it gets hit with..FUN! :)

...was that my lost Pig episode?

...was that my lost Pig episode?

Ah yes, you and GoodDriveBadPutt both lost discs on #7, but in fairness, that was in the snow, when it's EASY to find discs out there! :\

I did not even play the island hole at Luther Britt, I was already soaking wet from jumping in the water and did not feel like going in again.

Yea I know exactly what you mean. It's the only course within a short distance of my college so i spend a lot of time out there. I always have swim trunks on lol

Latest posts