• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Excessive time called at DGPT finals

I decided to time him (just by counting in my head) when I noticed the same stuff as you both. I was surprised when, out of 5-10 times I did that, he never took more than 25 seconds and was usually around 20.

did you guys notice something different?

Time starts when you are up.

He then started walking the space between his lie and the basket, making little chalk clouds to check the wind, checking the slope behind the basket, going back to his lie and then started his whole putting routine which includes dropping and picking up the chalk bag at least 10 times.

All in 30 seconds? Were you timing the postproduction coverage?

Time starts when you are up.

Not exactly.

A player has taken excessive time if they are present and have not thrown within 30 seconds:
After the previous player has thrown; and,
After they have had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at and determine the lie; and,
After they are next in the throwing order; and,
During which the playing area is clear.

He then started walking the space between his lie and the basket, making little chalk clouds to check the wind, checking the slope behind the basket, going back to his lie and then started his whole putting routine which includes dropping and picking up the chalk bag at least 10 times.

All in 30 seconds? Were you timing the postproduction coverage?

Nope, live all 4 days. Can you show me an example of a shot that was well over 30 seconds? All of the times that I counted in my head, that included the routine you're talking about, were under 30 seconds. So it's possible I just didn't time the right ones, or we have a different opinion on when all 4 of the above criteria are met. But for me it showed how long 30 seconds really is

Not exactly.

A player has taken excessive time if they are present and have not thrown within 30 seconds:
After the previous player has thrown; and,
After they have had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at and determine the lie; and,
After they are next in the throwing order; and,
During which the playing area is clear.

Nope, live all 4 days. Can you show me an example of a shot that was well over 30 seconds? All of the times that I counted in my head, that included the routine you're talking about, were under 30 seconds. So it's possible I just didn't time the right ones, or we have a different opinion on when all 4 of the above criteria are met. But for me it showed how long 30 seconds really is

I saw a few that actually went long, but for the most part, I think he was pretty much in the 30 second window. Even with live coverage, we don't always get dialed in the moment the player is up because they are trying to keep showing action.

What I didn't like about the coverage was the picture in picture. Ian's promise that "you won't miss a thing" wasn't exactly accurate. Watching Drew Gibson throw a drive in the PIP, you have no clue where the disc went.