• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Excessive Time

I like the current 30 seconds, because for almost all throws, we don't even need to keep track to know the player is in compliance. 15 would come into play too often. That might even slow down the game as play stops to argue about time or give out penalties.

Agree with the above for THAT reason. But again I contend that the "pace of play" could be sped up (in tournaments) if people concentrated on playing disc golf instead of "what ever else they seem to do to slow down play" and walked faster. Then they could take even longer than 30 seconds and the overall time to play would be less!

You all complaining about slow pace of play and slow walkers should start your own speed golf league. IDK why disc golfers feel the need to shoehorn in 2 tournament rounds/day, but I suspect that has a lot to do with the slow pace of play perception, or need to speed it up. Disc golf is still way faster than stick golf.

You all complaining about slow pace of play and slow walkers should start your own speed golf league. IDK why disc golfers feel the need to shoehorn in 2 tournament rounds/day, but I suspect that has a lot to do with the slow pace of play perception, or need to speed it up. Disc golf is still way faster than stick golf.

So much this. Two rounds of blindingly slow play in one day is why I don't play tournaments a lot. Show up at 8:00, start at 10:00, 2 hour lunch, get home after dark. Sounds fun! I don't mind playing 36, but when it takes all day I take umbrage.

Lunch breaks during tourneys are what is holding back the sport!

So much this. Two rounds of blindingly slow play in one day is why I don't play tournaments a lot. Show up at 8:00, start at 10:00, 2 hour lunch, get home after dark. Sounds fun! I don't mind playing 36, but when it takes all day I take umbrage.

So … how long does it typically take you to play a non-speed golf round on 5800-6200' course that's not your home course? Actual time, not an estimate.

– Add 20 minutes (probably waaayyy conservative) to account for tournament conditions (marking lies, taking extra time at your lie to consider alternative lines/throws and to putt, etc.);

– Multiply that by 1.5 to account for three other players on your card;

– Double that for the second round;

– Add 45 min for check-in, players meeting, and pre-first round warmup;

– Add one hour for lunch.

If you're over 6.5 hours, guess what: the slow player is YOU. :doh:

I think people are misunderstanding me. I don't enjoy playing two rounds of tournament play in one day. It takes way too long. I was agreeing with sidewinder22's shoehorn comment. I would rather play two rounds over two days, but I can see why people want to get it over with in one day.

I hate "hurry up and wait", so I try to pace my card (meaning usually slowing us down), so that we can play wait free golf for our round. All any hurrying will do is cause you to be backed up at every tee box, which is no fun.

Latest posts