• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Executing The Dream

Been working on stick/ small sapling removal, getting the island ready to play, and tee pads lately, but where the most energy has gone in recent days is weedwacking the upper field. it's been supr hot so I've had to wake up early to get on it but I finally have a good 3/4 acre cleared for a landing area on the top of the world hole. I'll post some pictures by the weekend.

Sorry no pics. Every time I might I just think of one more work project I would rather do than photograph, and when I do play, I try to concentrate on the golf and enjoy myself.

One cool development is I've started recording every hole for every round along with changes to the course, in the attempt to build a set of data. I intend to use my pdga rating as a starting point, and then after I have a statistically significant set of data really spend some effort trying to get a solid sse, by comparing a few different methods which account for elevation and woodedness differently. Then I can chart my own rating progress (as I have been making a point to play daily rounds), as well as have a good idea on how each hole plays for different rated players. Also I can provide ratings and handicaps for others which will be affirmed by some data.

Course is a decent bit different from in the vid. 4 brand new holes and another 4 which have been drastically changed. It is coming along but still has punishing jail and a not quite perfect trail throughout. The trail and walking being easy is within my grasp this year, eliminating the various sappling jails along almost every fairway will take more time. For the trail it is going to be swinging a grubber or Pulaski that will really make a difference for removing stumps and leveling some tread.

Pics next week! I swear. :D

I had a scope on my knee for a torn meniscus about 2 months ago and I have been back to normal activity for awhile. I played 72 holes the other day and have hiked for 3 hours at a time. I was up and doing light exercise in about a week. I still get some twinges in my knee sometimes and getting into a full squat doesn't feel good but overall it's been good. I am also 52 so a young guy might do even better

Hey all!

Sorry I've slacked on this thread but we all know how life gets busy. I posted my "review" of the course for those with any interest and I'm working on getting a bunch of pictures up.

I'm planning to post some pictures and design questions on here so maybe y'all can give me some input on a few things.

Looking forward to pics.

wasnt till post 26 it was confirmed you were not gay. not that there is anything wrong with that. keep up the good work.
had a thought about your powerline issue we were talking about.... weed wacker wise. you could almost create different greens by weed whacking pads. almost as if the pin is in location x or y, you could have the green in position x or y. you could make position 1 a turnover shot pad near the road, or 2 a short hyzer near the new cabin/ 3 a longer hyzer. then you could spend say a third of the time whacking while still keeping the whole area fairly maintained

Finally Some Pictures...

Much of the advice David Sauls and others (Sadjo) has given be in this thread has been spot on. The concept of spiking holes backwards has been a great way to maximize the property and be sure I am looking at all the land fully. durring a slight redesign to better accommodate winter play I ended up reversing a decent bit of the layout. Also the concept of never really being done and always trying to improve is really instilled. Even when I get to comfortable points I still get the the yearn to drop whatever else I'm doing and go chop off bulletmpointsoff my mental list ( 2's green, 10's fairway, 5's tee pad.... )

But I finally got around to taking decent pics of the layout I'm playing now.

here has been what has been keeping me busy away from disc golf.

(winter home/ future clubhouse)
6509b9495af7f048e286bb05c81aba6a.jpg

Hole Distances - Winter Ten

Distances are paced on the flight path of the disc. (thus an estimate)

1. 240'
2. 200'
3. 410'
4. 415'
5. 180'
6. 245'
7. 342'
8. 230'
9. 340'
10. 480'

New Number Six

i didn't like that the layout wasn't a true loop and plus this dogleg right balances the layout better.

25af54d332250980d021dc2b8f694b02.jpg

6b65f28a4a294adaf21f2db66068436e.jpg

looks so different in the reverse direction on some of them. nice job, kind of wish i was going to maine for xmas

I'm tired just looking at those pictures. Very impressive work there.

I figured the SSE and rating interval according to the DGCR method and got an SSE of 29.8 (-4) and rating interval of 9.3. This puts par, a score of 34 at a 963 rating. Today I shot a +3 which rates to 935 and is ironically about my rating.
These numbers seem decently on and at the extreme end puts a -8 at 1038 rating. Thanks for checking this out. Yea jake you should come play. Maybe it won't snow for a whole nother month?