• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Executing The Dream

Wow this thread has died sadly...long time for me if anyone remembers.

Been over 2 years now since we have had any disc golfers here....even though the sport is booming in the state.

Have a Halloween event scheduled to both have an event and work on the course over a long weekend. 2 weeks in and we have 2 maybes.

Get the feeling this will be the knock-out blow and we will just sell up what we can :-(

Hope yall doing better

^Sorry it hasn't worked out for you, Nate. The pictures you shared in the past looked amazing.

Sorry to hear that. It's been the opposite here -- covid has helped fuel a disc golf boom in this area, and we've had more people than ever. Though that still amounts to just 1 or 2 visits a week, either solo players or groups.

We also have the advantage of two disc golfing owners (my brother and I), and his 13-year-old son getting into it. So we'd keep the course, even if no one else ever showed up, just to play ourselves.

Too bad that it hasn't happened down there.

My wife hasn't played in over 2 years outside of the mini course...I havent played a sanctioned event in nearly 2 years. Feel snake bitten by the sport so removed myself from it

My wife hasn't played in over 2 years outside of the mini course...I havent played a sanctioned event in nearly 2 years. Feel snake bitten by the sport so removed myself from it

Hope things have turned around for you. We don't have very many players come out our way unless it's a tournament. Owning a course is a lot of work.

I haven't even been anywhere on the course in 6 months

Sorry to hear bud.

What about just walking or hiking your course instead of playing disc golf? It helps me during some rough stretches.

Checking in... I believe that this board is just dying off, not that we aren't doing anything. I keep in touch with InnocentCrook by phone these days. Black Bear continues to get better each year. Had a B tier Black Bear Open last year with addition of 3 temp holes out by the lake. We are doing same layout this year, but plan to have a 2 day B tier with 152 people.

On top of that, waiting on the state to approve my second design at the park, on the old Ball Golf Course.

I don't know about the board dying off, but this thread is 10 years old and perhaps played out.

Around here, a private course was a fairly unique thing in 2012. Now I have a half-dozen friends with their own courses, from serious tournament courses to backyard-for-friends courses.

Totally agree. When I really started into DG in 2012, DGCR was probably the biggest player in the game in regards to interacting with fellow disc golfers. Now there are multiple others, and Udisc is just way better in regards to a scoring app. Nobody cares about reviews anymore. Everybody else seems to be more in tune with facebook in regards to sharing their new course project.

Still nice to check in here every once in awhile though.

I spent a lot of time on here when I had a desk job. Stuck with internet-ing via a smartphone these days. Just ain't the same

Still executing the dream though! Mill Creek looks better than ever. I'll need to update the old pics but I might have to use a real computer for that.

I've been plenty busy out here at Hidden Ridge adding more options as far as tees and pin locations go. Still working on getting some infrastructure projects like bridges and concrete pads going. I'm hoping to get about 6 pads poured this spring/summer. Building a couple rental mini-cabins has been taking up a lot of space in my thoughts for future property plans. Given my location I think they could do pretty well.

I just hosted a small Gateway Winter Wizard 1-disc event a couple weekends ago. I tweaked the layout a bit to create a unique 24 hole layout that was geared a bit towards using a putter for all shots. It still had some teeth to it, and had a handful of par 4 holes to keep the HR flavor. The weather was frozen which I prefer over muddy so everything worked out pretty well. It's now time to start gearing up for the Redbud Bloom in April, fingers crossed I can time the blooms again this year.

Last summer while the family and I were road tripping through Colorado and Utah I was able to get out to visit Giles and play his new expanded layout. Even got to meet him, his wife, and a couple friends and get a round in with them this time. His old layout was really well done for overlapping 9's, but with all the extra space he really nailed the design on the full 18. It's just an absolutely stunning part of the country, every direction you look is just beautiful views. If you're rolling through the south side of CO it's definitely a great area to stop for a day or two as the two public courses in the area are pretty good as well.