• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Executing The Dream

After all the damn rain we've had the last couple weeks, I mentally needed a few hours of hard physical labor outside to get my mind right.

Hole 14 got it's long awaited extension. (Been planned for a while, but was a very low priority.) It's a modest 50-60 longer, but also a bit further uphill, and in my opinion, a more interesting pin placement.

1st pic = before
2nd pic = after

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_160242265_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200216_160242265_HDR.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200216_173413526_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200216_173413526_HDR.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 54
End of the week will mean zero players the entire spring and summer....just crazy after so many told us to fight on and spend money to keep it alive :-(

End of the week will mean zero players the entire spring and summer....just crazy after so many told us to fight on and spend money to keep it alive :-(

Dang man that's gotta sting. Just not enough discer's in your area or is the course too difficult? Your course looks pretty cool from what I've seen in the pics. IME, the "Build it and they will come" motto is not always the case unless it's located near a large player base.

It's just upsetting that it's the players, along with the locals that made this happen. Just one consistent player and I'd fight on.

Heck, I'd take an intruder (that you guys have to chase off)

Sad to see that Granite Mountain didn't work out. Wrong time or wrong place---I guess Australia wasn't ready for it, in terms of disc golf development. But bless you for the effort---the work and expense and bureaucracy and promotion.

We had a few top Aussies play here, and 2 of our states best players won their first state titles here....last one with an ace.

I really hoped the ace video would be the start of bigger and better things, but one person has played one round here since that moment...so the exact opposite

I'm always looking forward to my next trip to Colorado, usually as soon as the last one is over. Hopefully I can swing by again on my next trip.

The terraced rock walls look really nice, I don't think those were in when I was out there almost 2 years ago. The new elevated pin is a marked improvement over the rusty box. Functionally the same, but way better aesthetically.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be here next time you come through so I can actually join you for a round lol.

I'm always looking forward to my next trip to Colorado, usually as soon as the last one is over. Hopefully I can swing by again on my next trip.

The terraced rock walls look really nice, I don't think those were in when I was out there almost 2 years ago. The new elevated pin is a marked improvement over the rusty box. Functionally the same, but way better aesthetically.

I just got on Friday 4-24-2020 the two used Lighting DB-5 baskets that are for my parents new place that they are moving into soon. Meant more as a practice course as more baskets will not work well on the property.

Pics

Thought I'd breath some life into this thread. Here's my "pond hole".

Tee. Approach. Basket.

Attachments

• TeePond.jpg
    TeePond.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ApproachPond.jpg
    ApproachPond.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 31
  • PuttPond.jpg
    PuttPond.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 30
Did you get the used DB-5 baskets from GottaGoGottaThrow?

I just got on Friday 4-24-2020 the two used Lighting DB-5 baskets that are for my parents new place that they are moving into soon. Meant more as a practice course as more baskets will not work well on the property.

Nice.

:hfive:

Just wondering if you gottem' from GGGT?

In 2004, my brother and I bought some land and begun building a course, one hole at a time. By 2007, we had 18 holes.

But we kept building more, creating options, and eventually, several overlapping layouts. Sensing a finish line this year, we grabbed a chunk of the donations we've received, hired a bulldozer, and have cleared the last 4 holes to have 2 overlapping 18-hole layouts. Those holes are rough, with flags marking tees and a couple of cheesy baskets, but they can be thrown.

It's a dream that keeps growing.

Nice.

:hfive:

Just wondering if you gottem' from GGGT?

I do Quite a Bit from GGGT as they are the closest place to me, one of the fastest, and the only place to have the full Lighting selection including baskets, My last purchase came from Gotta Go Gotta Throw with the Star and Champion Archon. Yeah the one site in Fort Collins Colorado, Wright Life might be closer or if not next closest but they have sent my stuff all over the USA before it got to me, last year 2019 when getting last of the no flight number Star Shark discs at ~175 grams and one of the two Star discs is of the almost too stiff to pass the flex test type of Star. Even Sun King Discs Through Amazon did not do this, just took forever with the messed up almost G-star Shark due to a major storm or that hurricane that just missed Florida and Puerto Rico.

I do Quite a Bit from GGGT as they are the closest place to me, one of the fastest, and the only place to have the full Lighting selection including baskets, My last purchase came from Gotta Go Gotta Throw with the Star and Champion Archon. Yeah the one site in Fort Collins Colorado, Wright Life might be closer or if not next closest but they have sent my stuff all over the USA before it got to me, last year 2019 when getting last of the no flight number Star Shark discs at ~175 grams and one of the two Star discs is of the almost too stiff to pass the flex test type of Star. Even Sun King Discs Through Amazon did not do this, just took forever with the messed up almost G-star Shark due to a major storm or that hurricane that just missed Florida and Puerto Rico.

So Yeah I forgot to say I got the Used Baskets from Gotta Go Gotta throw at the $175 USA price. I had found that GGGT had used baskets earlier in the year but then recently got the used baskets and a few days later GGGT sold out of the lower priced baskets. I also got from Amazon some Yellow Reflective tape for the extra pole top part to make the baskets easier to see. I might also do a strip on the middle of the basket if doing the tops is not enough. I know from experience that a gray metal Basket is in the right conditions like a cloudy day on the open land will be hard to spot, same for evening near the end of practice.

However I am not worried with the Lighting DB-5 baskets being Used as that model is one of the most durable. The Lighting DB-5 baskets at my local course Steamboat Park, now after 2014 with Mach III tops from the local State Park course at Oahe Down Stream, Powerhouse Ally as the old baskets From the Local State park had the bottoms of the basket not surviving the 2011 Missouri River Flood but the Lighting DB-5 baskets did survive the flood, all but the extra added chains to the Lighting DB-5. The City of Pierre (Pier) only added the new tops partly due to being free as well as to how the baskets even with the extra added inner chain tended to have more cut through on really hard putts then even a Mach III, plus the numbers on the Mach III tops were not screwed in to the top white squares with red plastic numbers.

I decided to go ahead and have a work day this past Saturday, but didn't schedule it until the Thursday just prior. Out of nowhere, 5 completely new faces show up in addition to my brother in law and my buddy who pretty much always come. 2 of those guys were even from Louisville. So 8 folks total including myself.

We crushed it out there. Trimmed holes 6 (almost ready for long pin position across the creek to open up), 13, 14, and some of 11. Opened up a new alt. tee line on 11. We also burned a short bus sized brush pile that had been hanging around for almost 2 years, also on hole 11. All this is about 3 hours.

A couple slices of pizza and then 4 doubles teams (2 cards, I hate mob golf) played 18. Played poorly but after getting all that work done, who cares?