• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Crunch Box Question

coldsweat

Birdie Member
I have done the search, I have also read many threads on the Fade Crunch Box, one thing I cannot find out though: does the bag lose capacity if you put the discs in side to side as opposed to front to back? I am not a huge fan of front to back and am contemplating buying it but want to know if it changes either

A. The amount of discs it can hold

or

B. Comfort of the bag, (does it push out against the back and the putter pocket.

I have one that I sometime take when I'm carrying a light load. It actually carries quite a bit of discs when filled side by side and I really don't notice the discs pressing against my back or anything like that. The putter pocket is slightly harder to get in and out of when in is packed full, but with only one disc in there, it isn't a big deal at all.

I've filled mine both ways and when I fill it putter orientation (front to back I guess) it holds 3 putters in the pocket. When I fill normal to the putter pocket (perpendicular) I could only get one maybe two putters in there. Can't remember which way held more discs. I think I always maxed out around 12-15 discs regardless.

Just checked mine, 13 side by side and 2 in the putter pocket. Little snug but its good.

i checked mine and i put:
Front to back: 3 putters (pocket tight fit), 4 mids, and 7 drivers =14
side to side same discs : the back seemed to bulge out some but there was probably room for another driver or 2

I can feel a difference when they are side to side compared to front to back. You can definitely feel the discs, its just up to you if its uncomfortable.

And it does make getting the putter out more difficult. And one fits well compared to two when going front to back.

When I have my discs loaded in front to back (same orientation as the putter pocket) they're definitely looser than if I orient them side to side (pocket to waterbottle pocket). Front to back I could probably sneak another driver in there to make them snug.

2 putters in the putter pocket
7 drivers, 3 mids and 1 putter in the main pocket
2 putters in the storage pocket = 15 discs total.

I prefer front to back anyway b/c side to side, the discs tend to slide wonky if you don't keep it full.

I wanted to put them side to side but it was too clunky even though I prefer that orientation. I got over it pretty quickly, it's a great and comfortable small bag.

Ok, thank you everyone for your help. I kind of figured I would get the answers I did, I think I am going to pick up this bag as a main bag (I am kind of a minimalist) and it should work out regardless. Thanks a ton.

Its the minimalist's best friend!

Last edited:
14 discs loaded the same way the putters go in. Easy to get in and out, stands up even on most pretty steep hills, has everything you need for a round. I like it as my main bag, because 14 discs are enough.

I loved my crunchbox the 2 years I used it... Held the right amount of discs and was great with quad straps. I recently upgraded to a fade tourney but still use my crunch box for winter. Great affordable bag.

Ok, thank you everyone for your help. I kind of figured I would get the answers I did, I think I am going to pick up this bag as a main bag (I am kind of a minimalist) and it should work out regardless. Thanks a ton.

Don't forget, you can reinforce the bottoms pretty easily with plastidip too. There's a few threads on here with specifics if you need them.

why do you prefer to have the discs perpendicular to the putter pocket?
whats the advantage?
i dont understand?

The only gripe I have with the crunch box is that since the discs are meant to sit flat/ flight plate towards or away your back, When you put quad straps on and you don't have a full bag (less than ~10 discs with 2 putters in the putter pocket) when you walk your discs bounce around in the bag and make noise. If that doesn't bother you then its a great affordable bag

Side to side is the only way I use my crunch box. I can definatley fit more discs side to side than front to back and I like the way it looks better. I use quad straps with mine and it isn't more confortable for me either way. I can fit max 16-17 discs but I Cary mostly midranges not too many putters or drivers.

why do you prefer to have the discs perpendicular to the putter pocket?
whats the advantage?
i dont understand?

I don't have any specific reason, but for me it is easier to grab them out when I am on a hill and if the bag falls over they don't all just dump out. Or at least that is my theory. I play many hilly course and I have lost the contents of my Innova Standard bag on multiple occasions. I can cram 13 into it and am contemplating not upgrading because usually I only use 8. I just wanted room for my RIPT cards and a Golden Retriever. And something a little more stable on the hills.