• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway Driver Lineup

1 Champ TB
1 DX TB
2 Pro Leopards

I will probably pick up 1 more DX down the line to start working in once my current DX becomes too flippy.

I carry only 2 disc's that are actually classified as fairway drivers - an 11x KC Pro Teebird and a Star TL. IMHO the Teebird is the best fairway driver ever produced. The TL is, of course, it's straighter cousin.
With that said, I also use a CFR Max as my long fairway driver. Then again I am kind of an anomaly...the Max is also my idea of a multi-purpose disc. I use it off the teepad, long fairways, thumbers, scooby's, Tommy's, and as my main teepad roller.

all champ

stable TB mid glo TB decently flippy cfr TL

Firebirds for big hyzers or gusting winds
Teebirds for easy hyzers or typical winds
Leopards for right turns or tailwinds

Simple!

170 DX Whippet for heavy winds and big high hyzers
175 and 172 glow champ TB's for long hyzers or straights shots with fade at the end

Really the only true fairways drivers I carry are 3 TLs and sometimes a Leopard. Generally speaking I am a minimalist and carry a few discs and find the TL does everything that I want it to do as far as a great balance of distance and control.

5 teebirds. Star/Champ/SE
an 11x kc pro whippet
Just took out the gazelle and QJLS

technically only carry Leopards, but PDs cover all the other "fairway" lines when powered down or thrown on lower lines

For me I use joes flight chart range category as it uses distance potential. Anything 3.5 to 4.5 is a fairway to me. That includes Predators, Teebirds, and Avenger SS. I keep those in my Innova discarrier along with a GL River and Ti Stalker.

In the Nutsac it's just a champ Eagle X and Champ TL +

Champ Glo Firebird - beefcake
CE FL
Champ Eagle L
Opto River
GL River-flippy