• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Faster Teebird?

It helps to describe the defining characteristics of a Teebird. Here are the things I associate with the Teebird pretty much above and beyond all other drivers:

1. A Teebird should not flip when new, even when thrown by the biggest arms
2. A Teebird should hold it's line and fade late
3. A Teebird is NOT height or nose angle sensitive for a disc it's speed

It also glides in a way ive never seen wide rimmed drivers do, and it comes out of the air much slower when it does fade. It does better with a high throw that lets it glide out than faster discs do.

I use OLFs and TBs and they throw a lot different. The OLF likes speed a lot more to keep it afloat but the TB just hangs in the air and glides. I throw a lot of the same holes with each of them when throwing practice shots, but how they each get to the target is a lot different.

A slightly broken in SPD is the closest thing I've found to a faster Teebird. They actually replaced Teebirds for me a long time ago.

this ^^^.. surprised it took so long for someone to say PD.. but yeah S-PD maybe P-PD but i dont have experience with them.. the C-PD tend to be a lil beefier

Stop listening to everything else - a PD is the closest thing to a faster Teebird.

Aside from the PD it's debatable - but I'd say Avenger.

My vote for the slightly used S-PD. They will start to turnover as the they get more beat, but that is very usefull as well.

It also glides in a way ive never seen wide rimmed drivers do, and it comes out of the air much slower when it does fade. It does better with a high throw that lets it glide out than faster discs do.

I use OLFs and TBs and they throw a lot different. The OLF likes speed a lot more to keep it afloat but the TB just hangs in the air and glides. I throw a lot of the same holes with each of them when throwing practice shots, but how they each get to the target is a lot different.

But the OLF is faster. It has to have more speed to work. The Teebird does have a higher ratio of glide to speed, but that is common with slower discs.

I also throw mine on the same holes for practice, and, for me, I have been astounded at their exactness in how they get to the target. The SOLF is just 40 or so feet further.

My P-PD is very near my SOLF in every way.

I haven't tossed a Teebird much but I have heard that my Striker is very similar.

You can't beat a GL Flow for a long straight flight with an easy LSS fade at end. You can even throw tunnel shots with a little anhyser.

Latest posts