• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite and least favorite disc golfer

Favorite: Cale, Brinster, or Schultz. Honerable mentions: Nikko, McCabe, and Pierce.

Least Favorite:
I really have no idea, but probably disc golfers that like to rag on other disc golfers. Oh and Dave Feldberg. =)

Yeah... I spotted on Hole 6 at the USDGC last year during the week and they have a bunch of school kids lining the right-side fairway. Philo was the only pro who gave every kid high five. He went all the way down the line... had to be 60 or more kids.

Then he banged a 60'er from the grass with the water behind the basket... and the kids fell out. As he walked to 7... half the kids ran over to get his autograph... he signed as many discs as he could... pulled a disc out of his bag... gave it to the teacher and said, "give this to the kid who deserves it the most at the end of the day".

Then they all cheered as he parked Hole 7.

DSCJNKY

Best story ever! :thmbup:

I guess I'll chime in here

Favs: Gotta show love to the local boys, Philo and Rico. Not only amazing players but also very down to earth and very approachable.

Least fav: Avery Jenkins. For some reason I never liked the guy but after all the controversy after Worlds this year I really have some dislike for him.

I just read this entire thread and wow did it make me laugh.

Some of these guys have mastered the art of public perception but are completely different on the course.

That is how I feel.......most the people I can't stand playing with are viewed as the "nice" ones.

I also don't have a problem with the "Bad" ones like Brad and Nikko........I just see is as entertainment and if they get too out of hand they get warned...and then chill out.

And I guess as to my favorites.......and this is on the course

Coda (although he fell off the map)
Cale
Matt Orum

Least....On the course
Avery/Nate- I only add Nate because at the TX NT they both piss and moaned about the course the entire time.....which I also hated but chose not to call the people who volunteered "morons"

Meh:

Jay Reading........I actually like playing with Jay you just never know when a sketchy rules call will arise ........With that said off the course me and Jay will usually be found talking/drinking at the same keg.

Last edited:
Favourites: Cale, Matt O, Barsby, Brinster, Nikko
Least: Avery, Feldberg, Schweberger*

* Because I find his style very hard to watch. He's probably a nce guy.

Least: Schweberger*

* Because I find his style very hard to watch. He's probably a nce guy.

One of the nicest. Not too many people, especially top level pros, would withdraw from a tournament due to injury but still come the 2 hours just to help the event as he did in Raleigh a few weeks ago.

I've met a bunch of these people and really can't say anything bad about them. Even "Cactus", Played a tourney round with him when he was an am and he was just quiet and was more interested in playing golf than chatting, played a day of practice rounds with him and some other big names a few years back and he was fine. I've heard stories about a lot of these people that make me think twice about their character but that is the way of stories, people like to talk about someones worst moment and you can never know the whole storey.

Least favorite, having to carry scooter in a round of doubles... WTH man! j/k

I was fortunate enough to ride down from MN for the GBO with Cale and a couple of other AM's and the whole time we talked about disc. Whenever I had a question he'd help me out and when we stopped for gas or food we'd bet a dollar for a CTP. Hung out with Cale, Will, and Nikko the whole time at the GBO all three are amazing guys and helped me out alot!

I personally find that Avery and Nate complain alot about the courses they play and if they don't do well then it's how the course is laid out.

Just my thoughts.

I've met a bunch of these people and really can't say anything bad about them. Even "Cactus", Played a tourney round with him when he was an am and he was just quiet and was more interested in playing golf than chatting, played a day of practice rounds with him and some other big names a few years back and he was fine. I've heard stories about a lot of these people that make me think twice about their character but that is the way of stories, people like to talk about someones worst moment and you can never know the whole storey.

Least favorite, having to carry scooter in a round of doubles... WTH man! j/k

Who plays the short tees anyway?

Pretty funny how this thread got resurrected after the most recent Worlds and the well documented episodes there. I think the title of the thread however should be changed to "Favorite and least favorite touring pro disc golfer" since that is what the OP provided and seems to be what most others chimed in on.

Favorite: Markus Källström. I am somewhat biased because he lived in Pennsylvania and I got to know him off the course, but both on and off the course, he is just about the coolest guy you'll ever meet.

Least favorite: any touring pro who whines about the course and/or insults local volunteers & staff because of his/her own poor play. And so many of them do it at one time or another, it's impossible to even single anyone out. Look, I'm sorry that bad breaks and/or poor play mean that you might have to eat Ramen noodles that week, but volunteers donate their time & effort for YOU; without them there'd be no tournament. I know that you are trying to make a living out on the road, but the sport isn't yet where we'd all like it to be, and it doesn't help attract sponsors or grow the sport if you act like a spoiled little brat. I know you can throw a country mile and want to use that advantage off as many tees as possible, and you want to birdie every single hole, if possible. But sometimes the course designer actually wants you to think on a hole and consider risk vs. reward. Good shots don't hit trees, and when you screw up, it's nobody's fault but YOURS. On some holes, the smartest play to get the lowest possible score on the most consistent basis is to play conservatively.

I think I can safely speak for the entire disc golf community in saying that all we desire is that professionals act like, well, professionals. :thmbup:

Meh:

Jay Reading........I actually like playing with Jay you just never know when a sketchy rules call will arise ........With that said off the course me and Jay will usually be found talking/drinking at the same keg.

im bored. its raining. share anecdotes?

One of the nicest. Not too many people, especially top level pros, would withdraw from a tournament due to injury but still come the 2 hours just to help the event as he did in Raleigh a few weeks ago.

back still?

wheres robbie bout it bowntn been? whatever happened with bradleys suspension?

my favorite pdga typo of all time btw when the discipline sheet read it started in the year 2100.

wheres robbie bout it bowntn been? whatever happened with bradleys suspension?

my favorite pdga typo of all time btw when the discipline sheet read it started in the year 2100.

Clutch??? lol

Robbie is MIA as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't been playing really any golf in the last two years and had been trying the modeling thing. I live a lot farther away now and rarely play in Houston but from what I know he just got burnt our.

With that said all he ever cared about was throwing far .......literally which is kinda funny.

Brad was put on probation (again) and was lucky his previous probation period had just ended or his final nine "drink" would have led to much worse. I must admit I thought my comment "Is Lone Star even considered beer"was pretty funny at the time as well.

I still don't know how/why he did this and the only thing I can say is that Brad sometimes "gives them away". It is possible he may have known exactly what was going to happen......and this made for a weird drive back to Nac.

Fav: Barbsy ( because he likes metal and hes funny) and Wysocki ( because hes from my area, kind of)

Least: Don't really have one