• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Favorite Disc

S-Line PD -- Drives 300 to 375 feet -- It is so glidey & laser straight until the very last part of the flight where it fades forward and left, but my favorite thing about it is that it loves low lines. I find myself wanting to use it on 200 foot low ceiling tunnel shots, but I always talk myself out of it.

The SPD excels at those powered down low tunnel shots that you need to fade in. It curves sharply but doesn't fade too much or too little. Best disc I own.

I'd have to say the Judge because it's my putter and treats me right. Great off the tee or in the circle.

Buzzz. It does everything I could possible want and is just fantastic. I use it for at least 50% of my mid range shots and even use my heavier ones as approach discs.

Volt is a close second. Main Driver. Combines distance with accuracy.

Just to throw mine in, I love the Star Mako because it is INSANELY straight, but my favorite is the Yeti Pro Aviar. I can drive 275', flick, forehand roll 200'+, approach, and putt with this disc. The plastic is great too.

My favorite disc has been my ESP FLX Challenger for a long time. It feels great in your hand, grabs the chains, and is also great for a catch. Even after all these years he's still flexing and still a brilliant disc.

But, my Z Buzzz is another favorite. Old reliable, it makes up the majority of my midrange shots and I've made many runs at the basket with it. I think that it is a very forgiving disc and doesn't tell me how bad my bad shots are when I make one. My Buzzz gets about as much use as my Challenger so I have to choose them both.

That's tough because I really like everything in my bag.

I like my Innova Rhyno for those crazy type putts,Tomahawks,Thumbers, short forehand rollers,Forehands,Pancakes,Grenades,approaches and for Drives. It's a great disc that covers many shots for me in the 250ft range.

I'm also gonna have to say my main putter as well. My Gateway Voodoo. This has to be the best putter on the planet. I use the Super Stupid Soft ones and they just get glidier and straighter with age. I've hit many a jump putts and I can be pretty automatic from 25ft and in with these things. I carry 6 in my bag just because :D

I have a new one to add.

Polecat! :hfive:

Early run 12x Eagle (L) - 11x plastic. 176g. Seasoned to perfection. Soon to be discontinued in regular production runs. It's also hard to find 170g+ (L) molds. I tried to kick it out of the bag and replace it with a Leopard. Trying to avoid future replacement issues. It's faster and longer than the Leo. Oldest disc in my bag and it's not going anywhere. One of the few discs that people ask "What was that?"

stratus.
no other disc like it.
just all kinds of FUN!
powered down it holds any line, and powered up it's a hyzer-flip wonder.

All my classic judges. Although the black emac sig one is the black sheep. I haven't found one, misprint, first run, production stamp that didn't treat me right. They just have slightly different amounts of firmness to grip that I like to change up.

The Truth is the business though I love it because I'm still learning how to use it in more ways.

I just like discs in general. I have innova things from 1996 in my trunk and I just bought a proD rattler on a whim. Probably lose it at the lake the first day I take it out.

If I had to pick one disc to play rounds with it would be my Champion Panther. I was stoked when I threw it 330ft tonight into a slight headwind. So predictable and accurate. I also love my 2 opto rivers, champion Leopard. Favorite driver was a lost grey swirl 163gram gold line havoc. I totally miss it.

Ok, I know I just said MVP volt. But I picked up a 180g roc3 today and after one round I can say its my favorite. This disc will save me strokes! I like it more than my kc pro rocs!

My 400S Prodigy PA4 is my favorite disc, and has been since I first threw it. I feel like I've already posted this fact, but just in case... it is intuitive to throw and I feel it makes me a better player because of the confidence it allows me. By practicing drives, upshots and putts with the PA4 I feel like it has improved my form in most every aspect of my game. Beyond all this it just feels tremendously comfortable in my hand.

Z Buzzz. I threw Rocs for a year and a half (love em!) before putting an old Z Buzzz I had back in the bag after a friend returned it. Hit my first ace within a week and a second two months later.

Latest posts