• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Favorite Mid Range to Forehand

I really like to flick the Drone :D

It's not a shot I use often and I do it kind of tongue-in-cheek, but it is very useful and fun to do! I like it for short bend-arounds to the basket.

I don't normally FH a mid but when I do, I FH the Pain. It has the right about of hss that I can "get into" the throw a bit more than buzzz's etc. but is not so OS that it is unworkable for me.

Latitude 64 Trident, Discraft Buzzz and the Discraft Hornet is what I like to use.

To be honest I wouldn't place the Trident in there,because of it's tweener status,but it's still pretty killer to forehand.
Yep the Trident is killer at this slot for me....However it is a tweener disc. I also love to FH the Suspect. I hit a huge FH spike hyzer from 175' for Eagle the other day with my Fuzion Suspect.

when I don't want the hard fade from a champ gator, I'm pretty happy with a GL pain for an easy forehand shot (sometimes even a z comet if I want it to stay pretty straght)

All of the mids, but if I could only pick a few it'd probably be

Zero Hard Mace - Super stiff, feels so good flicking it, and FH it will just fly forever and gently drop off right at the very end of the flight.

Gateway Scout - I know, gateway, but if you like shallower rims gateway has a great mid lineup and they just have some zip. Sneaky long like a warship (warships are also beast)

Hornet - You already know about this, es bueno.

Cyclones - Speed 6 so kind of a fairway driver, but still covers plenty of mid shots well. Another one if you like shallower rims.

Beadless star Gators. I forehand them with a Three-finger though. Kind of flick with my ring finger.

Yep the Trident is killer at this slot for me....However it is a tweener disc. I also love to FH the Suspect. I hit a huge FH spike hyzer from 175' for Eagle the other day with my Fuzion Suspect.

I felt one of Lat64's Pros Tridents yesterday.... Not a midrange. Certainly a Wing on the thing.

flat C-MD2 (or glow C-MD3 which are almost identical, at least the ones i have) by far. sometimes they can go surprisingly far so got to beware of overshooting those long approaches.

For a shot like the op has asked about, I use the Hornet, too, of the Zone if the holes a bit shorter. I'm not forehand expert, but I get the most consistent flight with these.

Meaning... I probably do need to clean up my forehand form. ;)

I just re-read the original post and so I have just one more thing to add. I also tend to use an ESP N Buzzz for escape shots from out of woods and brush. If it's a throw where I can't put as much oomph into it, the Buzzz is very controllable for me.

for me a drone is the only mid range I can throw very far side arm nothing else has the stability, for shots like that though monster it's a driver sure but it's not crazy fast and always gets a good skip so just touch it down a little short. Star monsters break in and lose a lot of their stability pretty easily which makes them a great approach/short drive disc for things like that.

N Axis has gotten me out of some trouble and since it's essentially a buzzz, it makes sense why they're being so heavy suggested.