• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite music to play to

I generally only listen to music in a solo round...and then, if there's lots of other players I either keep the music down or off. I can't throw well with earbuds/headphones. Some days, the sounds of nature are the best kind of soundtrack.

When I do listen to music on the course, it's either on a random playlist/Pandora, or the Avett Brothers

If I 'm playing a solo round and I hear loud, inaudible music playing through crappy speakers wafting across the course I usually get in my car and go somewhere else.

Rage's, Know Your Enemy has to be my favorite "on the way to leagues" song to get hype to.
Anti-Flag has a few good ones too.

If I 'm playing a solo round and I hear loud, inaudible music playing through crappy speakers wafting across the course I usually get in my car and go somewhere else.

When I am at the course playing "solo round" I consider any distractions as helpful. I am after all there to practice to get better and blocking out external factors is part of getting better.

Pandora stations: Stephen Marley, Gramatik, and Melvin Taylor
other times just the wind, water, trees, and critters

I have 16g of black/death/folk metal that I just put on random. Volume pretty low, just one earbud in ... just enough to keep me relaxed.

I have 16g of black/death/folk metal that I just put on random. Volume pretty low, just one earbud in ... just enough to keep me relaxed.

Folk metal? That just sounds like the worst kind of mash-up my ears have never heard.....

That is a typo, right?

Folk metal? That just sounds like the worst kind of mash-up my ears have never heard.....

That is a typo, right?

definitely not a typo. Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Ensiferum and the best, Eluveitie.

Just like plastic, the best metal comes from Europe :thmbup:

Last edited:
Normally I don't play music while I'm out b/c I'm either with friends or my kids. Today I took some time out and played the front 11 at Charlie Vettiner at a nice leisurely pace and decided to have some music. Listened to the Tron Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk :) I've found all the other related tracks that weren't on the main disc too, so I have pretty much every bit of music from that movie heh. The remix disc is pretty great too. I didn't listen to it tho.

definitely not a typo. Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Ensiferum and the best, Eluveitie.

Just like plastic, the best metal comes from Europe :thmbup:

This is honestly news to me, but obviously it has been around for a while. I'm not sure I could listen to this on a regular basis....never been a big fan of death/speed/whatever metal. Either way, glad I learned something new. Thanks dusty! :hfive:

My ears are always happy with some Xavier Rudd on the course or anywhere else....

I guess if I had to pick music to listen to during a round I'd go with some Mahler symphonies :thmbup: ... or any symphony in general really I guess.

I'm with you here. I usually listen to something instrumental when I get in the mood to listen to anything while I throw.

Lately it's been the soothing sounds of Jeremy Soule's various video game soundtracks or Daft Punk's Tron: Legacy soundtrack (the whole disc wars idea really motivates me). :)

Normally I don't play music while I'm out b/c I'm either with friends or my kids. Today I took some time out and played the front 11 at Charlie Vettiner at a nice leisurely pace and decided to have some music. Listened to the Tron Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk :) I've found all the other related tracks that weren't on the main disc too, so I have pretty much every bit of music from that movie heh. The remix disc is pretty great too. I didn't listen to it tho.

YES. :thmbup: Didn't read the whole thread before I posted, but I'm glad someone thinks the same way.