• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Opening and Closing Holes

Opening hole: #1 at Water Works in KC or #1 at Coyote Pt/Lake Casitas in Cali.

Closing Hole: #18 at Solitude in Utah, my Valkyrie went 1,200 pin high left and I never saw it again. Someone found and promised to mail it to me but I never got it back :(

Hole 1 at Muldraugh DGC sticks out in my mind. A true tunnel shot, not super difficult, but very unique.
804d49f8.jpg

Closing hole is # 18 at Emporia Country Club. Island Green, again, not very hard, but really unique.

That's one of the coolest holes I've ever seen :thmbup:

Opening: Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz, you start of on an old ball golf course. You're literally staring down a golf fairway. Yes, most of the holes there are like that, but the first hole you tee up on has a crazy feeling to it.

Closing: Z Boaz in Fort Worth. A creek, a forest on the other side with a basket in there somewhere. There are lines in there, but it's fun to hit them. A hole that makes a lot of birdies and bogies, makes tight games very interesting.

Hole 1: Kensington toboggan. Big downhill par 3 complete with mark Ellis announcing your name.

hole 18: Sioux passage, St. Louis. Picturesque par 4 with risk/reward tee shot and tricky approach. This is a perfectly designed golf hole.

Hole 1 @ Met Center in Austin. 584' p4, brutal short dog leg through a ton of tiny trees, opens up for a great approach. Easy birdie if you miss the trees, easy double if you don't.

Hole 18 @ Circle C in Austin. 888' (methinks more like 920-950) p5, beautiful dry creek/Gulley uphill shot at the end. Add 2 strokes if you miss the fairway at all.

Best 1st: Swope Park
Tunnel down hill with a corridor between two OB/rough areas, then uphill a bit.
3cae085f.jpg

Best 18th: Not as easy...
Either Sugar Bottom Rec. Area
Long with trees and rough, slightly downhill.
2ad03480.jpg

OR
Prospect Park
Along the side of a hill, a few trees in the way, some rough just downhill, and a road further downhill. If careless your disc can roll downhill and OB across the road.
2d4131a5.jpg

Last edited: