• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Rollin Ridge Layout?

Muskiebite

Par Member
In August my league is taking a road trip to Rollin Ridge. We are going to be there for 3 days and we have planned 5 rounds, Random Draw Doubles, Handicap Scored Round, Triples, Bracket Challenge (everyone is given a ranking and put into a bracket, you play 3 holes against your opponent, low score moves on to the next level) and Mulligan Stew.

We are discussing which layouts to use for which round, since RR has three tees Orange-Shorts, Red-Medium and Black-Longs and three pins (again Orange, Red, Black) per hole there are 9 different combos we can use (All Same Tees, All Same Baskets, if you go hole by hole there is 150 quadrillion unique layouts).

What are some of your favorite layouts? Long Tees to Short Baskets, Short Tees to Medium Baskets, Ect, Ect.

I can't imagine going to Ridge for 3 days and NOT playing Black to Black at least once.

You absolutely have to play Black-Black. It's the reason you travel there.

Other than that, Red-Red is probably my favorite layout. Honestly, anything past Orange-Orange is pretty challenging for anything under an Open player.

Play 'em all!!! I really like the Red-Red layout but, like the others have said Black-Black if you traveling a long a long way.

Traveling from Minneapolis.

Most of the group is low level intermediate.

Sounds like Black to Black is a Best shot dubs type of round for us.

Black to black is amazing. Red to black is also very fun.

And play a putter only or putter+mid round on orange-orange. That layout flows really well from hole to hole, and is an absolute blast to play.

Haha, it's funny my first time there I only had a small travel bag, that had only a Teebird, Firebird, Cro and Warlock in it and shot even with a couple pros who were practicing for Silver Cup.

It's one of the few long courses I've played, where being able to throw far doesn't really help that much.

^That's probably why I love black to black so much. Super long, but as long as you can putt and consistently hit like 350', you can keep up with anyone.

Latest posts