• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

After talking to Ryan, he described the FD2 as a disc you can throw hard and keep it straight with good fade at the end

Doesn't sound much different from the 2nd run C-FDs. For me, after they are beat in a tad they have some slight turn but still fade out.

Well i can say for sure that these are NOT 2nd run FDs. They are much more overstable. When thrown flat, they hold a good line and have a good pronounced fade

They are close to a beat 11x firebird IMO

All the high speed stability, with good low speed stability

How much shorter than the C-FDs? Are we talking considerable or negligible differences? I really like the idea of something that'll beat in to be comparable to a fresh C-FD.

Well i can say for sure that these are NOT 2nd run FDs. They are much more overstable. When thrown flat, they hold a good line and have a good pronounced fade

They are close to a beat 11x firebird IMO

All the high speed stability, with good low speed stability

Ummmm....I want 100 please. My beat in Firebird is my favorite disc of all time.

Anyone having trouble with the site, it looks weird on two browsers and I can't get the option pulldown to show anything.

I ordered mine with the mobile browser from my iphone and it worked great.

That's what I grabbed as well, wanted pink but my C FD is pink and I didn't want to grab the wrong one without looking at the stamp.

I'd love for this to cover my powered down P PD shots. I might grab another one of these stamps just to have a nice one for the wall

Got a couple Red 168's. I had to use chrome on my phone as Mozilla and IE wouldn't load the page correctly.

I had the same issue at work with IE9 :gross:

I ordered some pinks. I haven't followed this thread whatsoever and now regret it. :wall:

This disc sounds amazing! Any word on what mold pieces they used for this disc? I'll scan the thread a little, but there are a lot of pages to wade through.

This disc sounds amazing! Any word on what mold pieces they used for this disc? I'll scan the thread a little, but there are a lot of pages to wade through.
Nothing on the mold pieces since not many have really have had this disc in their hand, but I think I saw somewhere on the intrawebnets that they were using a modified second run C-FD mold.

The word on the street was that Jussi really liked the way that the 2nd run C-FD's molded up and wanted to recreate a similar disc, just not using the actual FD mold (since the 2nd runs are so different than the standard FD mold). The FD2 is that disc. Would love to get my hands on one or 20 sooner than later, but I'll patiently wait for the production runs to come out while I continue to beat in an extra beefy 2nd run.

From what I understand these are a tweaked version of that beefy 2nd run. The FD2 has a tad more high speed stability and low speed fade.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm really intrigued by this disc, but I'm a little worried. Considering all the molding inconsistencies in our sport, I have to wonder if this mold will just wind up having future runs that will overlap with the FD. I'm not really complaining because I know that run of FD is revered.

How smart is it to release a mold tweak when their lineup is pretty small as it is? I can understand Innova doing it because they have a blue million molds. Am I off base here?

I think it makes perfect sense. The stable discs are the workhorses, if they made a slightly flipper TD2 then I would agree. I see a huge need for a more stable FD though.

These have a lot of potential. I hope they're not neglected in P-Line, they could be as versatile as PD's and maybe even the Best In Slot pairing with PDs.

Or they could just be overlap city, but I doubt that with the lower glide rating. That's what made the 2nd run C-FD so good. It flies like a glideless Teebird so you don't have overlap in terms of distance potential.

So the second run of C-FDs were that different from the others then? I haven't thrown any FDs, but I've heard they're quite glidey.

yes.

two completely different animals.

s-line jackal throws and looks like a beefy leopard/seasoned teebird.

2nd run C-line throws like a banshee/new teebird and looks like a FAF firebird.

3rd run C-line is JL and they look more like their S-line counterpart and have a tad more of the intended turn.