• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

Someone get on instagram and ask how they differ from the 2nd run FD

I was really hoping this would take the place of the XXX in my bag

Testing upcoming Discmania FD2. 100 meter (328 feet) hole in one as a result. This disc will be slower / less glide than FD with more stable finish. Flight numbers: 7 | 4 | 0 | 2 . #discmania #season2014 - straight from jussi

My speculation, but I'm thinking that it'll be similar to a flat 2nd run CFD in JL plastic and maybe a bit more overstable.

I recall Jussi saying that he really liked the way the more OS CFD's turned out and that they would try to find a way to continue to produce them. Guessing that the JL CFD's probably molded up more SFD-like and forced them to create a new mold. In any case, I love the FD and can't wait to see how this new mold turns out.
jus(si) sayin... :p

Talked to Simon Lizotte on Facebook tonight

Asked him about the FD2
Me: Any word on the FD2? Im hoping its a firebird type disc
SL: It won't be a firebird type disc. I'd love it that way too but it will be just a more stable-over stable FD
SL: Unfortunately
Me: So like the 2nd run?
SL: Yes that's what I'm expecting

Talked to Simon Lizotte on Facebook tonight

Asked him about the FD2
Me: Any word on the FD2? Im hoping its a firebird type disc
SL: It won't be a firebird type disc. I'd love it that way too but it will be just a more stable-over stable FD
SL: Unfortunately
Me: So like the 2nd run?
SL: Yes that's what I'm expecting
Could you ask him to request they not go with some cheezball stamp? Shield stamps all around please!

if they release this in P line i would like to see how cycling these would go

but i feel like theyll be one you just buy for a windy day fairway and not good to cycle. but cycle regular fds might sound better...?

The companies are so closely related, there's no real need to duplicate the Firebird. It'd be hard to improve on the original, and the Discmania players can bag 'em..

Let's hope that this is discmania's reliably overstable speed 7/8 straight flying fairway driver similar to an old teebird/eagle, Brinster teebird, legend rival, opto pro saint, etc. that is beloved by so many people. If Avery's theory of lower wing height+rounder fatter nose=same stability but "cuts through the air better" ala the Discmania "anhyzer" top configuration on all of their drivers than this could be the best one of them all :p

so Simon can bag a firebird could a discmania player theoretical only throw rocs and not use any of the discmania midranges. This might not be the best place to ask this but i am curious.

so Simon can bag a firebird could a discmania player theoretical only throw rocs and not use any of the discmania midranges. This might not be the best place to ask this but i am curious.

Probably not.

It would depend on their sponsorship agreement.

I would guess that Discmania players can throw Innova only where molds don't exist in the Discmania lineup.

Latest posts