• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feeling good looking ugly

I'm bumping you up to help one of the form experts see your post. I'm not a form expert, when I have the foot work you have, I also have good arm whip, and good results. Hopefully one of the form experts will have eyes on your post with better feedback.

I'm bumping you up to help one of the form experts see your post. I'm not a form expert, when I have the foot work you have, I also have good arm whip, and good results. Hopefully one of the form experts will have eyes on your post with better feedback.
Thanks for that. Any feedback is welcomed of course.

Yeah, I wish I could help you but my form shouldn't be taught and should definitely not be learned, lol. There are guys here that can really help you, like Sidewinder22, I know that guy knows his stuff.

Yeah, I wish I could help you but my form shouldn't be taught and should definitely not be learned, lol. There are guys here that can really help you, like Sidewinder22, I know that guy knows his stuff.
Don't listen to jeffmonty, I witnessed him hit the band on a basket for a near ace #3 Munden Point, and right over the basket #7 Bennetts Creek:). If you want a laugh, I have an occasional plant foot issue with pain that creeps up during a round, and I'm all over the place.

Jeff, it seems you play Northwest River when you visit out here, looks like there getting ready to put in concrete tee pads. I was out there last week and thought that could be what's being done. A few others playing there this week thought the same thing.

When we played Bennetts Creek, they were in the middle of installing turf pads. Only 12, and short 13 remains to be done. Take care, Mitch.

Bogeyphobic Yes, Sidewinder22 will break your form down for you. I've been playing 4 years, and form building for 3 years. Watching a lot of his videos. Hopefully he'll see your post or perhaps one of the others. Unfortunately nagging aging aches and pains sets me back, after moving a little forward.

How do you actually play/perform? Who cares if your form is ugly if it gives you the results you want. But if you aren't getting the intended results, that's different.

Ugly form (or what seems to be ugly form) can produce great results since everyone's body is different. Look at Sarah Hokom's form when throwing forehands. There are some other pros who have really strange forms but they make it work for them.

To me your form looks smooth, I wish mine was that smooth. I'm hearing your footsteps, but I'm not hearing a whoosh from your disc, or a snap on release. I wonder about your velocity.

Again, I'm not a form coach. Looking forward to what Sidewinder has to say when he comes back on.

How do you actually play/perform? Who cares if your form is ugly if it gives you the results you want. But if you aren't getting the intended results, that's different.

Ugly form (or what seems to be ugly form) can produce great results since everyone's body is different. Look at Sarah Hokom's form when throwing forehands. There are some other pros who have really strange forms but they make it work for them.
moreover not what I want it to look like, than "ugly".

I play pretty well I don't really care about max distance lines so you won't hear me begging to be a 500ft anny crusher but I can controllably throw 330-360. I've been at this place for about a year and I'm getting eager to have putts on longer baskets. I also have a relatively athletic background so basically I feel like I have more in me but not in the disc right now.

Note how you are leaning/sitting back shoulders behind knees, vs athletic forward tilt shoulders over knees, nose over toes.
Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 5.49.46 PM copy.jpg

@sidewinder22
Repped the one arm drill in the field today for a little while. I was wondering what I should be expecting, I didn't get a chance to film anything however it felt really uncomfortable obviously at first. I couldn't really balance and had a hard time pivoting/gliding on the axis.
I think I had some success because I was able to throw flip-to-turn fairway(s) pretty close my average distance.
I guess I'm wondering if you think I should throw on one leg for a while until I can get into this position without thinking about it?

Tried focusing on nose over toes and the release point in an x step cause I was having trouble feeling the one leg drill. Does the posture seem like an improvement here? And i notice the line I pull my disc on is a little all over the place…

Do some Double Dragon Drills so your left arm does a windmill backstroke swim behind you in backswing.

I just had a baby so my dg form has been in the back of my mind but I got out to the field today and caught some snippets. Curious if anybody notices any improvements or has any feedback to give.

I just had a baby so my dg form has been in the back of my mind but I got out to the field today and caught some snippets. Curious if anybody notices any improvements or has any feedback to give.

Congrats on the baby and I agree with @BogeyNoMore !

I think the "swim" action is somewhat improved since Dec. 1.

The overall flow of actions has a lot of the components. However, your posture isn't carrying the leading shoulder over the front knee. You should be somewhat stacked up ankle to shoulder here swinging more like Simon:
1714094841991.png

I think I might recommend
(1) continue with Double Dragon (never wasted time IMO) and
(2) Inside Swing drill paired with Door Frame Drill (help get posture squared up) and
(3) Hershyzer (stride in posture off rear leg).

Lots of Dingle Arm warming up (swing shoulder vertically over front leg).

Attachments

• 1714094799802.png
    1714094799802.png
    869.1 KB · Views: 0