• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Fill a bag with only Discmania!

I had discmania bag for a year or so, it was something like this:

P-line P1 for putting
P-line MD2 for approaches
S-line FD for control drives
S-line TD2 for distance and turnovers
S-line PD for overhand shots and some utility shots where overstability was needed

After a while I changed P1s for P2s and started throwing short approaches with those also, and added Buzz as a midrange as I couldn't control MD2 properly (turned over easily due to the bad technique). That was my bag until I changed everything except P2s and PD to MVP discs, just for fun.

Note that I'm <300' thrower, so that's why there was nothing like PD2, DD or anything like in my bag.

I don't know Discmania really well, but I could definitely get by with PD2s, DD2s, PDs and FDs. Maybe throw in a TD or TD2 as well.

For mids and putters I really don't know, I would probably struggle a bit more there.

D and/ or P line P1's for putting and straight and understable drives/ approaches
P P2 for short stable to OS drives and approaches

P md2- US Mid
CMD2- straight mid
CMD2 or CMD3- OS Mid

STD- US driver
SFD-Straight driver
CPD- OS driver

DD- Max distance driver

I'll make it easier on the eyes with this post.

This is the bag I would use if it was all Discmania. I'm not much for Really fast speed drivers anymore so Speed 10 is where I stop.

Drivers
S-Line Freak
C-Line Freak
S-Line Rush
C-Line Rush
S-Line Fever
S-Line Jackal
C-Line Jackal

Midranges
S-Line Fiend
C-Line Fiend
P-Line Fiend

Putters
S-Line Psycho
S-Line Maniac
P-Line Maniac

Drivers - With this choice of drivers you should have all you bases covered.The PD and the Jackal would get the most work though.

Mids - With just this one mid(Fiend) you would have everything covered.You could even power it down for those more overstable putter distance drives.

Putters - The P-Line Maniac would be my main putter and upshot disc and the Psycho would be for shorter drives.

All in all I think this would be a good bag.:thmbup:

You should check out Jussi's bag.

2 First Run D-line P2s (171 gram)
3 D-line P2s (175)
2-3 Flat C-line MD2s (178-180)
2 C-line MD3 (179-180)
3 C-line FD (171-175)
2 First Run C-line PDs (175)
1 S-line PD (175)
2 First Run C-line PD2s (175)
1 Blizzard C-line DD2 (167)
1 C-line DD2 (172)

It's pretty simple and doesn't have any large holes.

How do the CD, DD and PD compare?

DD is a stable 12-speed disc. Probably not for you yet, if PD is very stable for you too? If I remember you from the Finnish DG forum, you are a beginner, right? (I am "SanMiguel" at that forum)

CD and PD compliment each other well, I think. CD is like a easier PD, a touch less stable and longer for that power level where PD fades off too early. Although if you get a light (160s?) P-PD and beat it some, it will probably overlap with the CD.

Some people pair off the PD with a TD. PD&TD or PD&CD make sense but not all 3 of them.

You should check out Jussi's bag.
Jussi has good discs but he is in a totally different power level.

Here's my bag, mostly DM:

P-P2 (putting, throwing)
R-pro MD2 (the first run P-line MD2 = very soft grippy and understable especially when beaten = magic straight disc with zero fade.)
Glow MD3 (very close to flat C-MD2 that I just lost and will probably replace before spring) stable/straight also for forehands
C-FD staight/stable, good glide

the meat of the bag (most used)
S-CD beaten, super straight with minimal fade. 330ft laser beams.
P-PD still beating it to super straight with minimal fade, i used to have one that was just as amazing as the above beat CD.
FR S-PD moderately beat, still stable with some fade
JH (i.e. Jesse Heinonen) S-PD least beat, stable PD

in the bag although not so often used:
P-PD2 beat, long stable
FR S-DD very stable, long, lacks glide, most stable fast disc in the bag
ES-DD2 turns but comes back, max distance
S-FD having some release issues, flips too much, but its also beat in. I might get a fresh one next spring and see what's what
D-P3 dont really know what I use this for, will probably drop it. The P3 does have a comfortably shallow rim, though. P2s still do most anything I need a putter to do.

other than DM:
AJ TB - like a more stable brother for the FD. I'm trying to beat this one in, now its mostly for range control spike hyzers. I want to get a straight Teebird everyone is talking about, but this is too stable. Questionable place in bag.
FAF 12x FB - utility super overstable. Tight turns, spike hyzers, s-curves where you want the fade no matter how steep of anhyzer you happen to put it on

other DM I do not use:
TD has no use for me, every TD I have tried has brought nothing over my CD/PD game.
TD2s are very understable and glidey (faster S-FD in my opinion), fun to mess with but not when trying to score well.
GM I never even tried, or can imagine needing.

I used to bag C-PDs but a fresh enough S-PD is stable enough for me (or if I need to go crazy overstable, enter Innova Stone) and the C-PD sometimes used to slip out too early for me. C-PD2s are way too much disc for me, I do have few for fun.

Did I miss something? :D

Distance Drivers

S-TD2 - open max
Various PD's (C,S and P) - everything else

Fairway
S and C-FD

Mid
Md2, Md3

Putters

Various P2 ( 2x P and 1x S)

.. clean and simple but effective

DD is a stable 12-speed disc. Probably not for you yet, if PD is very stable for you too? If I remember you from the Finnish DG forum, you are a beginner, right? (I am "SanMiguel" at that forum)
Yeah, I'm the same guy. I've started this summer and my max throwing distance is only 300ft, so I'm not sure if the PD is too overstable for me yet. The DD I will leave for the future and buy it when I'm better. I've been thinking of getting a 160-165g P-line PD - I think too that it would be the best PD for my macarons. Other option is an S-CD.. dunno which one should I get.

Sounds good. Why not get them both? :D

And it looks like I DID miss something: MD1 and P1. I think they are quite rarely used (well P1 is just an Aviar so whatever applies for that applies for P1. P2 is a superior mold IMO).

For the MD1, some people like the overstability of SG-MD1 but theres not much love for it in my bag. The bead bugs me. Flat C-MD2 is where its at. They used to be hard to find because everyone was hoarding them but apparently now they have them back in production.

So I got 'warned' for my original posting and had it deleted for 'trolling' because mashie had nothing better to do with his time. Let's see if it happens again.

My original post:

"Um. No."

Clearly didn't add to the discussion. It insinuates that I have no interest in throwing Discmania. Apparently it was too succinct. Let me be more clear:

I have no interest in throwing Discmania.

I had a couple of FD's because the numbers sounded cool. The 3rd run C-Line flew nothing like it claimed, and I was too scared to throw the D because I knew I'd never be able to replace it. I tried contacting Discmania in August because I wanted to see if there was any chance that they'd be making D-Lines available to the US or if there was any way to buy them in bulk over here. I received an automated response that their one customer service rep was on vacation until September. It's November, and nothing. I'm not the only one this has happened to, or I'd chalk it up to how unimportant I am. They mold inconsistent discs through Innova and don't give a damn about their customer base, so I'll steer clear of throwing their discs. The Jackal and MD-2 were the only ones I ever had any interest in anyway.

I'll stick with the bag I have. Thanks.

I'm very sorry you had this problem. We are working very hard at having a better voice in the US and hope to never have problems like this in the future.

In case you didn't know. we have the D-LINE FD on the Discmania Store.

on 10/3/2014 my bag looks like this:

2x 175 D-LINE P2
1x 175 G-LINE P2 (pinch grips, and stand still drives)
1x 175 S-LINE P2 (all drives where i'm moving and not stationary)

1x 180 C-LINE MD3 (super beat and used for turn over midrange shots)
1x 177 C-LINE MD3 (for straight shots, I have found this to be pretty neutral and I can use it for every type of shot)
1x 180 GLOW C-LINE MD3 (for overstable midrange shots)

2x 175 3rd or 4th run C-LINE FD (the two runs are identical, and I would be in trouble if I didn't have a FD in the bag)
1x 171 C-LINE FD2 (straight shots with a mellow fade)
1x 175 C-LINE FD2 (overstable shots)

2x C-LINE CD2 (you guys will love this disc, it is the most straight and controllable disc. I use it a lot)
1x S-LINE PD
1x C-LINE PD

2x Echo S-LINE DD2
1x S-LINE PD2
2x C-LINE PD2

I really find myself using the MD3, FD, and CD2 a lot. They are all very versatile and allow me to do a lot of shots with them.

About the CD2: When powered up I can get it to turn a little bit but it always finds it's way back to the middle of the fairway. This 9 speed disc goes a long ways for me.

Interesting. What explains the difference in your 2 FD2s? Only the weight? Or is the other more beat? I have only experience of one European Masters C-FD2 and one FR C-FD2 and both are indentical, straight + dumpy fade, mini firebirds with precision.

Here is my setup:

G-P2 for approaches, short straight drives and other layuppy stuff. Same disc for putting.
P-MD2 beat R-pro version, super flippy and glidey with zero fade. straight technical shots in the woods feel like cheating almost when with 50% power you get frozen ropes.
Glow C-MD3 your basic midrange, any angle, forehand/backhand
C-FD 3rd run Very straight but needs enough power so even usable in wind. Downhill lazer shots.
C-FD2 See above
S-CD beat 171g s-line. surprisingly long, straight, glidey. tunnel shots and others where minimal fade is the key.
PD bunch of these in various stages of wear. best disc out there hands down.
DD beat P-line and beat low PLH C-line for long shots and another more stable FR S-DD for when you need a little more disc than the PD
PD2 beat P-line for massive long forehand flex shots, quite similar to the DDs actually. on windy days might add super OS FR C-PD2.

Non-DM discs in the bag:
Premium Jokeri for that reliable OS putter slot. Waiting to get my hands on a glow C-P3 to see if that would do, and it would also have that shallow midrangey rim I am more comfortable with.
Gstar TL3 little brother for the beat S-CD, straight and glidey also. I somehow never really clicked with S-FDs or 1st run C-FD as I would turn them over at inopportune places, but this is pretty much what I wanted out of them. Been in the bag for several weeks now and looks like it is staying.
FB Gstar and 12x FAF. No substitute for these.

Haha Ryan reviving this thread! I just looked at my old post from almost a year ago. It actually holds pretty true to what I carry now. Small changes:

- GM
+ FD2
+ CD

Putters: P2's for 99% of shots and probably 1 P3 for ultility.

Mids: A couple MD2's for most shots, an MD3, and a GM for utility OS shots

Drivers: FD for understable/control shots, PD's for Stable/OS shots, and DD2's for big distance. Possibly a PD2 for utility OS shots if playing in lots of wind.

Haha Ryan reviving this thread! I just looked at my old post from almost a year ago. It actually holds pretty true to what I carry now. Small changes:

- GM
+ FD2
+ CD

I have added a few things to the bag. G-LINE DD2 for testing... They go a long ways and the newest run of C-LINE PD2s. The PD2s fly like the first runs I was Immediately clicking with them. Simon claimed "these are money". Last but certainly not least. I have the D-LINE P1x's, I personally love these things. It's a perfect harmony between the P1 and P2, straight with high speed stability.