• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding discs

AshleyH

Eagle Member
I don't know if it's because I have a girly arm or what. I find more discs than anybody I know. In the last week. I have found 1 wraith, 1 DD2, and 1 destroyer.

I know the guy with the dd2, I think I know who owns the destroyer, and I texted the wraith guy. So they should all be going back home.

However, I've had a nice seasoned roc for almost a year now, because the guy only wrote his pdga #. Seems he lives in CA now. Why would you take the time to ink a disc and not put a phone #? I've asked everyone that I run into if they know him, no dice yet.

Off topic

By the way, I found some discs in a box by my front door today. 4 white GL 160g Rivers I ordered from DGC. I can't wait to try them out. They are hard to find and finally I have backups for the one in my bag.

However, I've had a nice seasoned roc for almost a year now, because the guy only wrote his pdga #. Seems he lives in CA now. Why would you take the time to ink a disc and not put a phone #? I've asked everyone that I run into if they know him, no dice yet.

You could perhaps try the Memberships Manager at PDGA HQ. Explain that you found a disc with just a PDGA number and want to try to return it. They'll surely have some sort of contact info (hopefully it isn't out of date) and can either give you an email or phone number, or contact the person themselves and give them your contact info.

Personally, I never put a phone number on my discs...I've had seven or eight since I started playing. But I do put an email address, which hasn't changed in 15+ years. As was already said, sometimes you ink a disc simply because you can't use it in a tournament without a mark of some sort. It could be something they don't care to get back.

Found a perfectly flat pre-flight #s Beast, Red Star with black stamp. Had ink but no contact info, just the word distance and an apparent flight pattern approximation. Also remember a friend finding multiples in the same exact patch. (Perhaps the one redeeming quality of an overgrown course?)
I also have found a White Pre-flight numbers Wraith with an email on the back. Email lead to Facebook for the name of its owner. I have met those who know said person, but I have yet to meet him and all computer messaging attempts have gone unanswered.

Once I ninja rolled into a briar patch for a pink blizzard Katana, had a phone # though so I left it in the lost and found. I'm not superstitious, but I feel like not returning a disc, especially on a course on church grounds (Redeemer in Charleston, WV) is extra bad JuJu. Plus who wants a blizzard katana?

Maybe, or it might be because you have girly eyes. Women are less likely to be colorblind.

A very good point. This might be the most accurate post in this thread. This is why I don't throw red or green discs (I'm red-green color blind). Not impossible to see in the woods or in a field, but towards dusk it certainly becomes more difficult to find than a brightly-colored disc.

There's a hole on the course by me in NC that I've found a total of 4 discs on. Two were DX Cobras (boo) and one was an un-inked, 11x TB. Actually, I found the two Cobras the same day.

If you hook into the woods sooner than most because you don't have a ton of power, I guess it could make sense that you would find more, especially if the hole has a lot of trees directly off the tee pad.

I know that if I hit wood early, all the power will push it a lot further off the fairway than if I get a little ways down the fairway.

I hate weeds and spider webs. I don't mind ivy, though.

What kind of foliage is on the course?

How common is it to be red/green color blind? Most of the discs I find are Destroyers/Wraiths/Bosses(Bossi ?)

This is the course I play most of the time. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=53&mode=ci

Found wraith and DD2 on 17, and destroyer on 14. 17 is getting quite gnarly due to all the high grass out to the left of the path.