• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First bag - what to look for - tips?

I'd throw my vote in for FADE Crunch. With a pair of good backpack straps you will be in business.

For a cheap backpack style bag... the gateway mini backpack is pretty sweet. I would look into backpacks if I were you. The regular bags just ride too low and can really wear ya down. What is your price range?

^^^^^This. I'm 50 and can tell you from experience a backpack style bag is sooo much better on your back.

I'd throw my vote in for FADE Crunch. With a pair of good backpack straps you will be in business.

Ok, color me ignorant, but I didn't know you could put straps on a Fade Crunch. I think this will be my next bag. Even just for the room for other junk besides discs.

Edit: Just went to FADE's website, and there's no mention, or pics of anchors for straps on the Crunch. ???

Last edited:
Gorilla Boy Squirrel Momkey is perfect. Will hold what you need and has 2 drink holders. Buy it now and it will be the last bag you need to buy until you decide you want a bunch more discs.

I would start with a Fade Lite or a Latitude 64 Slim Jim. They are both $20 or less. If you are willing to spend another $10 I would take Cyclone's advice and go with the Innova Standard.

Start with a cheap bag, find what you like about it and do not like, then you have something to draw from when you are choosing a bag you would like to keep for multiple years. Get some experience, find out what your needs actually are, then find a bag.

Ok, color me ignorant, but I didn't know you could put straps on a Fade Crunch. I think this will be my next bag. Even just for the room for other junk besides discs.

Edit: Just went to FADE's website, and there's no mention, or pics of anchors for straps on the Crunch. ???

Tis true. It has four anchors for backpack straps. Currently rock some Innova Backsavers on mine with my FADE Weather Guards on my FADE Tourney.

I would start with a Fade Lite or a Latitude 64 Slim Jim. They are both $20 or less. If you are willing to spend another $10 I would take Cyclone's advice and go with the Innova Standard.

Start with a cheap bag, find what you like about it and do not like, then you have something to draw from when you are choosing a bag you would like to keep for multiple years. Get some experience, find out what your needs actually are, then find a bag.

I would agree with this. Gorilla Boy and Voodoo are great but the price tags aren't for what you are looking for. If you start getting more serious and want to start upgrading your gear than do it, even then 35 for a Crunch and 55 for a FADE Tourney, both of which are extremely durable, can't be beat.

MYlk594.jpg

This is my Fade Crunch Box w/ Quad Shocks :)

I would also agree with this, and having an extra smaller bag (down the road), will be good for those quick rounds, or to borrow to a friend joining you.

I picked up a Fade Crunch - What are Quad Shocks???? Also - I would rather have a small handle then a strap. Don't really need a strap for something like this.

Good choice - at least in my opinion. Space for a few more disc and and few other things small items. I see lots of folks using the backpacks but it just seems that the bigger the bag - the more stuff you'll carry.

If you don't think you need a strap you probably won't want Quad Shocks - which turn the bag into a backpack. Look at the picture posted by beagleboy.

Ahhhh - I sort of thought that. At the moment I was more comfortable with just picking up my bag but I can see if/when I golf with more then just me there will be more standing around as opposed to throw and go.

I've been getting out at 10 in the morning and no one is playing in Madison so a round is pretty quick. I rarely see anyone on the course.

I picked up a Fade Crunch - What are Quad Shocks???? Also - I would rather have a small handle then a strap. Don't really need a strap for something like this.

Yes!!!

Quads are Phenix Quad shocks some of the best backpack straps available. But there are other options, like FADE Weatherguards and Innova Backsavers.

Phenix Quads and a Fade Crunch together are about $75. Starting to push backpack prices anyway at that point.

Enjoy your Crunch man, hope it fits your needs.

Latest posts