• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] First run M3's ??

disckiii

So i have a first run m3 which is apparently a m2. So i'm wondering if i should hold onto this disc in hopes that it might be worth something in the future, or just toss it without a care?

I think it's safe to throw. They're great glidey mids but probably won't become the next Buzzz or Roc in terms of collectibility.

I've got 250 trades on this site and I'd say most of the really valuable stuff is either very limited release or ten years old. I vote throw that sucker since First Run M3s (there are no first run M3s) are not the Proto M3 you reference where the mold was later used for production runs of the M2. Of course I've owned several hundred Frisbees and thrown almost all of them without a care for the new car driven off the lot price drop for a used disc.

Fair warning: A friend once told to be very careful with buying plastic... its addictive.;)

If its pink (the ones that change color) they may gain value over time.......but that may take a while. Seems like the m4 is the most popular of their mids right now.

Where do they go like stability wise? are the m1 and 2 more OS where as the 3 and 4 US?

Exactly, M1 being tho most overstable and M4 being least. Until they release a M5.

I've got 250 trades on this site and I'd say most of the really valuable stuff is either very limited release or ten years old. I vote throw that sucker since First Run M3s (there are no first run M3s) are not the Proto M3 you reference where the mold was later used for production runs of the M2. Of course I've owned several hundred Frisbees and thrown almost all of them without a care for the new car driven off the lot price drop for a used disc.

Fair warning: A friend once told to be very careful with buying plastic... its addictive.;)

So are the Proto M3s worth holding onto then?

If its pink (the ones that change color) they may gain value over time.......but that may take a while. Seems like the m4 is the most popular of their mids right now.

Have you tried their m4? i currently throw a buzzz but id like something a tad easier to hold an anny line

How are there no first runs of this when it says first run on it?

How are there no first runs of this when it says first run on it?

It could be a First Run M1, M2, or M4 and NOT First Run M3 as your thread title suggests. Because the Proto M3s mold came out overstable, Prodigy used that mold to make M2s. The current M3 mold was later released with the production stamp without Proto or First Run releases to decrease the confusion at the time... they're rookies, at least for one more day.;)

How is it inked/marked from the factory?

side note: if any of you have any of the Gray Proto M2 (marked M3) i'll buy :D I'm stocked up on the dark blue ones but need some Gray backups :)