First sanctioned event--scoring

I thought the Speedo was a dig at the sentence: "No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants are allowed on the course." Which could be read as disallowing any shorts or pants.

That is one of my annoyances. It almost makes kilt-wearing mandatory.

Another one is "A well-tailored shirt with a collar is acceptable, with or without sleeves." I'd like to know what qualifications the average tournament director has to judge the quality of tailoring.

Ok, one more. "T-shirts are not allowed as a player's outermost upper garment ... Crew neck or v-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials (including cotton/poly blends with wicking features) are allowed." So absolutely no t-shirts, except expensive ones.

I'll stop now. I've obviously been triggered. ;)

^It is pretty ridiculous. I don't own any "tailored" clothes and if I did I wouldn't wear them disc golfing.

thanks for reminding me why I hardly play sanctioned events anymore!

I don't think there's a chance in the world that any of the tournaments I'd play would require the "pro" dress code. Since I don't have a large friend group and only two of them are into DG, tournaments give me a great opportunity to play some DG, meet some new people, and indulge my competitive energies a bit. I appreciate the effort that the average tournament director puts into the events and I'm really glad to have started playing in them.

I like dressing up for a tournament. I figure if I can't play good, I should at least look good.:cool:
King Of The Hill Bobby GIF