• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fixing early pullthrough

Right thats what Im trying to do get a good repeatable throw...I'm just trying to get my form right so the disc will actually fly the way its supposed to fly......when I do that the distance should come on its own.....

I started keeping my head down, and making sure I SAW the disc passing very close to my chest, below the pec muscles.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for this! While as another new player I found all of your points useful, the particular text I quoted was especially helpful and has greatly improved my snap and feeling of "the hit".

Just did a couple hours of field work driving everything from putters to distance drivers and the improvement for me was dramatic in accuracy and the discs flying more true to their "Innova"-style flight numbers... ex. - I was actually getting just a bit of turn out of my Crank whereas before I was getting decent distance but it was strictly a straight-and-fade disc for me.

Good stuff!

Good, glad it helped.. Again, I'm certainly not an expert, and I may have totally revised what I do now in another six months as I learn, but the steps I described were where I saw the most obvious gains. Getting them all to happen naturally through muscle memory is another story.. Like many newer players I fight the tendency to think "ok, make sure you do THIS, and THIS, and THIS.. " And, oops I forgot that other thing and my throw was a flub. Of course I want every throw to be the best I'm capable of, but I try to think about it in terms of percentages, and as long as the percentage of successful shots on a course continues to rise, I'm mostly satisfied.

Latest posts