• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Flat top rocs

Jacob

Birdie Member
I flattened the top of my rancho roc and I like it alot. But I would like to have a real one. How do you know which rocs are flat tops? Are all rocs with big full color stamps flat or just certain ones?`

What made Ching Rocs special? We know...

It was the machine that applied the full-color stamps... Well, the full-color stamps are no longer available, but the machine that applied the stamps is!!! Innova has agreed to run these Ranchos through that machine guaranteeing a true Flat Top Roc... Tired of digging thru stacks of Rocs for that perfect top? Want to stop ordering 5 discs just so you can get 1 that is "good enough"?

Pay for one and get a flat one... Pay for two and get two flat ones... Pay for three and get three flat ones... you get the idea.

Fresh Batch of discgolfclub.org Flat Top Rocs just came in... Tasty!

http://discgolfclub.org/proshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_15

One of the reasons i like the flat top roc so much is because it is actually a special blend of dx and star plastic that allowed the full color stamp to adhere to the disc. these new flat top rocs seem to be just a normal dx plastic which would not make them nearly as appealing to me.

One of the reasons i like the flat top roc so much is because it is actually a special blend of dx and star plastic that allowed the full color stamp to adhere to the disc. these new flat top rocs seem to be just a normal dx plastic which would not make them nearly as appealing to me.
Well, the flat tops first showed up around '98ish or so. Star plastic debuted in 2006 or something like that. So something about that statement strikes me as false.

Wow this is so wrong it's baffling.

sorry just relaying what i heard from a friend who works for innova.

Wow this is so wrong it's baffling.

one of the many things i love about online forums, full of people way too into themselves. im glad that when someone makes a statement that was unknowingly false, the messengers intelligence is so succinctly dejected. it creates such a welcoming atmosphere that allows for the growth and prosperity of a sport you love so much.

Wow you are so impolite its baffling.

I am going to go with my source on this... what made them flat tops was the full color press... same press was used on the DX FT Rocs sitting in my basement... and the the boys at DGU with their Smasher stamp...

I am pretty sure Innova wouldn't let us sell hundreds of them if we were misrepresenting them... just sayin'...

What made Ching Rocs special? We know...

It was the machine that applied the full-color stamps... Well, the full-color stamps are no longer available, but the machine that applied the stamps is!!! Innova has agreed to run these Ranchos through that machine guaranteeing a true Flat Top Roc... Tired of digging thru stacks of Rocs for that perfect top? Want to stop ordering 5 discs just so you can get 1 that is "good enough"?

Pay for one and get a flat one... Pay for two and get two flat ones... Pay for three and get three flat ones... you get the idea.

Fresh Batch of discgolfclub.org Flat Top Rocs just came in... Tasty!

http://discgolfclub.org/proshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_15

YAY !! Found this thread with the link to the SDGC site that sells these bad boys !!

I just got word that they are out-of-stock but are planning an order soon. Shoot them an email and they'll give you a shout when they come in.

These are the REAL DEAL !!! Anyone that has/had a Roc from back in the early days should get one of these. The only current production disc I can compare them to is the Star Mako but I can get about 40-50ft more from the FT Rocs.

I just got word that they are out-of-stock but are planning an order soon. Shoot them an email and they'll give you a shout when they come in.

These are the REAL DEAL !!! Anyone that has/had a Roc from back in the early days should get one of these. The only current production disc I can compare them to is the Star Mako but I can get about 40-50ft more from the FT Rocs.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Latest posts