• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flight Lab - BEST SEEDS! From Disc Golf Unchained

Is there a good way to give feedback to the developers about the app?

Here I think is a good place. Also I'm one of the testers for the full game so also here so I can pass along any feed back.

Seems to me this is about flight physics, ground physics, maybe basket physics (which i think needs some work but is probably not easy)

The full game will obviously include tees, scorecards, OB etc. like a course instead of random maps.

Just what I needed, something else to waste time with :D

Is it just my aging iPad, or is the disc selector difficult to scroll?

Just what I needed, something else to waste time with :D

My Galaxy S4's the same way. I would like to see both distance and fairway distinctions and a more free-moving scroll. Maybe even no stopping between the first and last pages. The page by page is frustrating when you know you want a disc on the last page. I've started picking discs on the first couple pages because it's easier.

Here I think is a good place. Also I'm one of the testers for the full game so also here so I can pass along any feed back.

Seems to me this is about flight physics, ground physics, maybe basket physics (which i think needs some work but is probably not easy)

The full game will obviously include tees, scorecards, OB etc. like a course instead of random maps.

Yes my main complaint is about the basket: it's always letting my disc fall through the bottom of the basket, and I've actually had a disc-on-top fall through to count as a made putt. I also get credited with a surprising number of "wedgie" putts, where the disc seems to squeeze through the bars on the side of the basket. I also often seen hard putts or hard approaches cut right through the pole as though it's not there. There must be a way to "harden" the rigid parts of the basket, so it doesn't merely slow down the disc, but stops it and/or bounces it back. The tree foliage doesn't quite give a realistic response either, slowing the disc down but not really stopping it or changing its trajectory, but that's more forgiveable than the bottom of the basket letting the disc slide through and fall out on what should be a made putt.

Other than awarding too much distance to high angle, nose-up trajectories, and too little to flat, line-drive throws, the flight physics seem okay, though it is sometimes difficult to tell the difference between swipes that result in a 100% power throw and those that result in a 65% power throw. Maybe some instructions could clear that up.

Another minor quibble is that the ground seems too "sticky." You don't see any roll-aways on sloped putting areas, and you don't see as many skips and rolls as I'd expect on other shots. It's kinda like the ground in the test lab is all soft and muddy. :)

It's not just your iPad. The disc selector is difficult to scroll on mine as well. Not a big deal, but it could stand some improvement.

Last edited:
Also, for what it's worth to the iOS users, controlling your throwing speed is much easier on the larger screen of an iPad. If you just swipe really fast, you get poor results on either, but I've found that if you start your swipe slow and accelerate through the swipe, you tend to get strong results. Smooth, down the middle, slow-to-fast, works best. Don't play it like it's the old "spank the monkey" flash game. ;)

I actually took the time to put together my own 18 hole course together lol too much time on my hands

I have realized all of the above critiques but also that the Diamond goes 100 ft further than any other disc in the game. One thing that I think should be added is a bag with your most used disc of each category for easier navigation through discs. All in all though this game has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see the final product!

Last edited:

Latest posts