• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf weekend options—to many to choose from Help!!

Eco81

Double Eagle Member
I used to live in the Northeast and now live in the Northwest. My buddy and I used to go on a disc golf weekend every summer and plan to continue the tradition. Here are the options we are looking at. Where should be go? We have done the following trips. Maple
Hill, Warwick, Pittsburgh, blackhouse and most of the other courses in between. Any other good options?

Portland—1 course in the top 25
—Pier Park
—Milo/Timber
—Blue Lake
—There are a couple other we could play in the greater Portland area Martin might be able to play with us.

Colorado—3 courses in the top 25
—Bucksnort
—Phantom Falls
—Beaver Ranch

Vermont—1 course in the top 25
—Smugglers Notch—2 18 holes courses

Maine—1 course in the top 25
—Sabattus
—Pinelands Farms

St Paul/Minn—2 courses in the top 25
—BRP
—Kaposia
—The Valley
—Vision Quest

Texas—2 courses in the top 25
—Selah Ranch—2 18 hole courses (carts) and can spend the night
—Trey Texas Ranch—2 18 hole courses

Tough Choice

The only destination on your list that I played is Vermont - Smuggler's Notch which is an amazing property with two totally different disc golf experiences. Both courses are top notch. Black Falls is less than an hour from Smuggs and is also top 25 caliber.

I'm doing the Maine thing for the first time in September; man, a lot of great options there in my research. Sabattus, Pineland Farms, Bittersweet Ridge, Ackers Acres (all of these have at least two courses on property).

I'll also be hitting Muddy Run & Iron Hill on Memorial Day weekend, was also going to get Nockamixon but that is closed for the year probably.

I'm headed back to Pittsburgh this weekend...I make two trips a year from Buffalo, NY to hit this amazing collection of courses...

Were it me i would go to Colorado or stick around Portland. Texas in the summer=yuck. Maine in the summer=biting fly central.

Were it me i would go to Colorado or stick around Portland. Texas in the summer=yuck. Maine in the summer=biting fly central.

When I saw this list initially I thought Portland first, Colorado second.

Maybe it's because they're my local courses, but I'm thinking you're getting much more spectacular scenery on the Portland and Colorado courses over our Minnesota ones. Not that the golf isn't good, but I'm inclined to think the others might be a bit better based on what I've seen on video. (I certainly could be wrong.)

Not sure if you caught this blog/article on the top destination areas for Disc Golf but I found it very helpful as it covers an area and not just a top course.

https://udisc.com/blog/post/top-disc-golf-cities-usa-top-10-recap-11-50-revealed

Of course the DG courses are the main attraction but other things like food, drinks and gear are also touched on. Click on any city/area for in depth details for that area.

Portland is definitely near the top of my wish list now. Minnesota was a lot of fun last year (BRP, Vision, Bryant Lake, Valley and some others). Have played Beaver Ranch but not the other two you posted in Colorado. Definitely a unique experience in the mountains, well worth a trip and mosquitoes arent bad up there and the lack of humidity is nice in the summer.