• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flip a force?

ESP Forces can be very flippy when new

I have actually purchased several new ESP Forces in the past year, and you never know what you are going to get, and that does not have to be a bad thing. Some are very overstable and will take time to straighten out. I bought a new Pink ESP Force that I really had to hammer to get 385 feet out of, it had a slight dome, which I think is correct per the specs. There are 2 others I bought that flipped up and moved right from the very start, in fact I had one go 460 feet on its first throw, and another park under a basket at 440 feet (elevated tee), and I do not pad my distances, I have a big arm (ask AtrainWecker, he will verify).
I think what is going on with the ESP Forces is very similar to what has happened with all the various Katana runs.
If you could get access to the models actual specs, and even see the actual injection mold, you would see what the mold is supposed to render. In the Katana space the Pro runs come out closest to the spec, and the 1st Run Lemon Lakes are highly desirable because they did maintain some of the dome in Star plastic, but the regular Star production runs are flat as a pancake. For whatever reason, the production Star runs do not hold the dome from the injection mold, the flight plates collapse to flat. If you ever see the sweet pearly Champ purple Asia Open Katanas, they were magnificent, they held their domes and even had the titled wings like the Pro runs, so they did conform to the mold.
In the case of the ESP Forces, if you study them carefully, some runs came out flatter, so the wing tilts up more, the dome is not there, and they are flippy, and oh how they fly. If the flippiness and extra D is not wanted, I have never met a Z Force that was not wicked overstable and needed a long time to break in, they may exist, but I have never encountered one.
If you happen to own a proline Hurricane from DGA, compare your flippy ESP Force to it, there could be some correlation as a Hurricane, to some degree, is a flippier Force.

As others have said here, it could be form issues but ESP Forces are usually a bit less stable than Z Forces and they beat in quicker. Of course it varies from run to run (I've thrown some incredibly overstable ESP Forces), but generally they're easier to flip up.

I have a buddy that throws his Z Forces for a reliable fade and his ESP Forces for max D. He let me borrow one of his ESP Forces (peach color) to throw on one hole and I put it out to about 520 on a flex line. It was pretty new so I threw it a little harder and put some anny on it, but I was suprised at how long it held that turn. I was expecting it to come out a lot earlier.

I have a z force that would be considered less than typical as far as z forces go, its orange, slight dome. I have 2 other orange flatter dome, beef, green purple and 2 pink, beef. The few ESP forces i have owned have been way less consistent as far as overstability in regard to weight and color. Id say check plh, factor the weight, factor ur buddies throwing mechanics and go from there.
Nobody should be flipping forces on a normal throw. So if hes flipping other forces esp or z its him

I keep have two Pro D Forces I carry out when I'm playing in the rain (grip). Both are 175, both are a little flippy, but I do have a fairly big arm. I would think a Z Force would be more stable.

Latest posts