• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Flippy Fairway Driver

Recently picked up a 172g G* Leopard 3. It is both controllable and flippy, a rare combination. Everything I wanted in a Leopard. My go to disc for anhyzers and turning drives.
Though for hyzer-flips I will choose my Big Z Mantis.

The only time I threw the Underworld was when I was just trying to learn a backhand. I found it to flip and controllable easily. The only time it acted up was when I wasn't snapping it enough (still don't have a ton but at the time I didn't have much at all).

Perhaps you could benefit from some field practice to ensure you're properly getting enough spin on the UW. Now I want to take mine to a field and see how I've improved over the past couple of years.

The Seer is a great recommendation. I'll also throw the Diamond out there too. Both should require relatively little effort to get that S-curve flight you're looking for from a hyzerflip.

TY, but I think the Diamond is probably an even better idea!

G* Leopards are pretty nice. The newness beats off pretty quick but they retain the sweet spot for a long time. I have 3 of them and my main one is two years old. I have since dumped my Pro, Star and Champ.

Patriots are nice too, a little longer than a Leopard.

Light MVP switch. I let one fly (158) with a moderate hyzer and it immediately flipped up to a little past flat and burned, but came back at the very end. Got a good bit more D than I expected it to as well. I'd recommend one around the low 160s though

Last edited:
What's the problem with the Underworld anyways? It's super easy to flip and it glides for days

What's the problem with the Underworld anyways? It's super easy to flip and it glides for days

The VIP one I'm using is pretty stable and not giving me the shape I'm looking for. Picked up a Meteor and right now it's doing just fine for what I'm looking for.

Latest posts