• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Flippy Fairway Driver

cdaddyphresh

Par Member
Currently using an Underworld for this shot, but sometimes it doesn't hyzerflip the way I would like. I'm looking for something with a nice S to it when I throw hyzer. I'm working on beating in a Pro Leopard, but it's still stable after being bagged for a few months.

The production run shouldn't be different than the ones from the Circuit. How does your Relay fly for you in this role?

Currently using an Underworld for this shot, but sometimes it doesn't hyzerflip the way I would like. I'm looking for something with a nice S to it when I throw hyzer. I'm working on beating in a Pro Leopard, but it's still stable after being bagged for a few months.

FD (C-Line or S-Line)
River (Gold Line seasons in nicely to understable/turnover greatness)
TL
Prodigy F7
Witness

I use an Icon Patriot. If that is too stable, the Phenom is also great at that style of shot. If you don't like Legacy, then an FD would probably do it too.

The production run shouldn't be different than the ones from the Circuit. How does your Relay fly for you in this role?

My experience with it was like a seasoned Teebird. It has nice S shape, but that was when thrown flat ~350'. Didn't really see the need for it since my beat in Volt does the same thing, but can get a little more distance. Does it take long to beat in the Relay to that point?

Pro Leopard or even a fresh max weight DX Leopard is pretty fun to throw.

FD (C-Line or S-Line)
River (Gold Line seasons in nicely to understable/turnover greatness)
TL
Prodigy F7
Witness

I have a couple GL Rivers, and a Witness. Maybe I should give them a try again and see how they fly for me.

I don't think it should take too long to break in. That's a plus in my mind. Mine is 174, "production" I guess. I wouldn't call it flippy, but it has some high speed turn for sure. Mine comes out for shots that need some left to right, or just some early left to right before going straight.

If that's not quite what you want, the pro Leopard is a safe option too. Or DX if you want to get there more quickly.

I use a Champ Leopard3 because it feels just like my TeeBirds. It comes up from hyzer and glides or I can release it flatter for that late right turn.

I don't think it should take too long to break in. That's a plus in my mind. Mine is 174, "production" I guess. I wouldn't call it flippy, but it has some high speed turn for sure. Mine comes out for shots that need some left to right, or just some early left to right before going straight.

If that's not quite what you want, the pro Leopard is a safe option too. Or DX if you want to get there more quickly.

Yeah I love Leopards, but for some reason they've been a little more stable than I want for Pro plastic. I have a blue one that is stiff, but after switching to an all pink bag I got a few more and they are significantly softer almost Star like. It's not a bad thing, just wasn't expecting that for Pro plastic.

My experience with it was like a seasoned Teebird. It has nice S shape, but that was when thrown flat ~350'. Didn't really see the need for it since my beat in Volt does the same thing, but can get a little more distance. Does it take long to beat in the Relay to that point?

:confused: relay is no seasoned volt my friend...? Even then volt is still more OS.

Relays do not have an S shape thrown flat 350' for sure. Start throwing some hyzer flips :)

Sounds like you want something uber US. The signal is same core as relay but flips over all day.

Yea I was thinking the same thing Aim, but the Signal will probably get significant turn at 350.

I was going to suggest the signal too. It'll flip up from hyzer and keep going right for awhile depending on how much hyzer you put on it.

He also said "nice S," and the Signal may not come back at all at that distance.